TV CHARACTERS WE WANT TO DIE

edited May 2014 in General Movies & TV Posts: 2,341
We have our TV shows and now and then there's a character (s) who have long passed their "sale by date". During the last two seasons of Lost when the show ran off the rails, one of the reasons I kept tuning in was to see that annoying guy Miles buy the farm. I never got my wish, maybe the writers liked him but whatever he never died.

No so with other characters on some of our favorite shows. Since Blakes 7 back in the late seventies/early eighties had the habit of offing major charcters most of television shied away from this drastic action. However, lately shows have gotten more bolder and no one is sacred anymore.

I want to list some characters on some of my top shows that need to die and in horrible ways if possible.

24 Cloe I have not checked out the new show but I always wished they would kill Cloe. She grated on my nerves after she joined the series in Season 3 but like Miles, I guess the writers liked her. Maybe the new rebooted series will finally kill this computer geek.

Downton Abbey Lady Mary Crawley I admit I watch this show and it was good the first three seasons but after the boring fourth season, the show needs to do somethign drastic and ridding us of Lady Mary would be a move in the right direction. The actress is good but the character is just too boring and most fans have lost interest in her. Her sister, Lady Edith is more interesting and why she does not get more screen time is beyond me. Writers of Downton Abbey: Kill Mary.

Sons of Anarchy Juice This jackass has long overstayed his welcome. He constantly cheats death and in reality, the club leadership would have killed his ass a long time ago. Yet he holds on. The show has a habit of killing characters left and right and in gruesome ways (Opie, Tara Teller come to mind) and with the seventh and final season due to air in the fall, I am putting money on them killing everyone off (like Blake's 7).

Nashville Scarlett This blond bimbo has run out of steam and I think she may be leaving the show soon, hopefully we get to see her die.

Dallas Emma . She has gone from being an innocent cute gal to a real slutty whore. she remains interesting but I'm a little tired of her. Maybe she has to go.

Mad Men Peggy Olson's Entire Staff I just don't like the guys. Peggy is okay, though a little stupid but her staff of copywriters especially that bearded faced asshole has to go. Maybe they will get run over by a bus or something.

Agree or disagree and who are your nominations?

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Cersei from 'Game of Thrones'

Out of all of the characters I've hated on the show (that are still alive currently), Cersei has to take the cake. I've hated her and wanted to see her die ever since the first episode of the first season. Some of the characters I hated from the beginning have changed or been altered by certain events, and I now like them, but Cersei? I've been craving her death scene ever since we first saw her.

Daryl from 'The Walking Dead'

I don't watch the show anymore, but I would absolutely love to see the reactions from all of these mouth-foaming obsessed Daryl fans if he bit the bullet.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Everyone in Big Bang Theory. Talk about stupid, overhyped show. Saw a couple episodes. Cringeworthy "humour".
    Everyone in Big Bang Theory. Talk about stupid, overhyped show. Saw a couple episodes. Cringeworthy "humour".

Agreed. Made it through a couple episodes, couldn't believe how incredibly overhyped that garbage was. Same with HIMYM.
    HIMYM?
    HIMYM?

'How I Met Your Mother.' I got through four or five episodes and I couldn't stand it.
    Oh yeah. They should kick the bucket as well. Same shit.

While we're talking sitcomes I want to add "Two Broke Girls" I suffered thru two episode and found it to be bad. Overacting, loud, not even funny. Shoot this crap and put it out of its misery.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    The entire cast of The Simpsons, except the Bond actors that featured. ;)
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Dragonpol wrote:
    The entire cast of Family Guy and American Dad, except for Brian and Patrick Stewart. ;)

Fixed. ;)
    Murdock wrote:
    Dragonpol wrote:
    The entire cast of Family Guy and American Dad, except for Brian and Patrick Stewart. ;)

Fixed. ;)

Ironically my real name is Brian. :D
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Dragonpol wrote:
    Murdock wrote:
    Dragonpol wrote:

Fixed. ;)

Ironically my real name is Brian. :D

Quite revealing. :P
    Life of Dragonpol.
    Life of Dragonpol.

Indeed, and just as controversial!
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Cersei from 'Game of Thrones'

Out of all of the characters I've hated on the show (that are still alive currently), Cersei has to take the cake. I've hated her and wanted to see her die ever since the first episode of the first season. Some of the characters I hated from the beginning have changed or been altered by certain events, and I now like them, but Cersei? I've been craving her death scene ever since we first saw her.

I thought the exact same thing. Cersei is such an awful person. Vile, vindictive, incestuous, depraved, cowardly, vain AND stupid. She does not have the cunning and intelligence of her father or Tyrion, she did not shy away from murder, including infanticide and what does she have to redeem herself? King Robert was violent with her, but that does not excuse what she did to other people who had never done anything to hurt her. Oh yes and she is a bad mother too.

But I am not sure I want her dead just yet. I want her defeated and humiliated first.
    @Ludovico, that would be quite enjoyable, absolutely. Defeat her at her own game, bring her down to the lowest she's ever been, and then destroy her.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @Ludovico, that would be quite enjoyable, absolutely. Defeat her at her own game, bring her down to the lowest she's ever been, and then destroy her.

The worst thing is, she is not very good at her own game. Sure, she had more judgment than Joffrey, but that is not saying much. She managed to survive because she is the daughter of a powerful and intelligent man, because of her lineage and because she knows how to make some use of her beauty.
    @Ludovico, if she didn't have the backing of the Kingsguard or any of her snitches or eyes around the city, she would be nothing. She's Queen Regent, and you can tell that she's losing her power now that certain events have unfolded and Tywin has made it to the city. I hope she gets what's coming to her.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited May 2014 Posts: 4,459
    CSI Las Vegas: The doctor, Nick and Sara are found death. In 2 part episode and with return of Gil Grissom and Laurence Fishburn. Also Hawkes, Jamie Lovato and Stella from CSI Newyork should make there comeback.

Nikita. Whyle the 4th season wil start in August i think, i think that season should be last one or mabey the 5th season with the earlier Nikita. Intresting because her old boss playing a part in S3. With les screentime of the new Nikita, Maggie Q can play the villian in Mi5 as there sugest a litle bit in Mission Impossible 3. 3th season suprise me in positive way, but i already have feeling since the end of second season it is done and there not should make so much seasons as 24.
    Julia Stiles in the fifth season of Dexter. She was annoying and one of the reasons I gave up on the show from that point.
    @BAIN123, the fifth season is exactly why I gave up on the show: I knew it wouldn't be as good as season four, but wow, I didn't think a show could go downhill so quickly. The latter half of that show just needs to be wiped from history.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @BAIN123, the fifth season is exactly why I gave up on the show: I knew it wouldn't be as good as season four, but wow, I didn't think a show could go downhill so quickly. The latter half of that show just needs to be wiped from history.
    Since I will never watch it, can someone tell me why everyone is so worked up over Dexter's finale/last seasons? I've been curious to know for a while.
    All of the only way shows here in the UK!!!! [..] Terminate them all!!!!!
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, because it just goes against what made the rest of the show so amazing. Season five really goes away from the core beliefs that Dexter holds and it somewhat negates itself (from what I recall). Season six was just terrible (from what I saw), and after reading up on season seven (which sounds okay) and season eight (terrible, terrible, terrible. The finale is a joke), it's best just to watch the latter half of the series. The rest is irrelevant.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, because it just goes against what made the rest of the show so amazing. Season five really goes away from the core beliefs that Dexter holds and it somewhat negates itself (from what I recall). Season six was just terrible (from what I saw), and after reading up on season seven (which sounds okay) and season eight (terrible, terrible, terrible. The finale is a joke), it's best just to watch the latter half of the series. The rest is irrelevant.

So what happens in the finale that makes it a joke? You should use spoiler tags if you know, for others that want to watch it.
    I remember JS in S5 just being a really poor actress and the story seemed to be dragging overall. It goes away from what was so brilliantly set up at the end of S4.
    Yeah, Julia Stiles was one of the reasons that season five was such a mess. I was worried as soon as she was cast because I think she's a terrible actress. As for the finale:
    The episode before the premiere, Deb (Dexter's sister) is shot. In the finale, she is declared brain dead, so Dexter pulls the plug, takes her body onto his boat, and dumps her in the water like all of his other victims, and he then sails directly into a hurricane, "killing himself." Nope. He's off in some other state with a beard working as a logger now. How anticlimactic. The original showrunner had a much different idea for how it would end, which sounded perfect, and it's pretty much what every fan from the start wanted: Dexter is captured, tried, and sentence to lethal injection. He's laying on the table about to be executed, and he looks up and all of his victims from the entire series are there, watching him, just like he watched them when he had them on the table he would murder them on. He is injected and dies.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Yeah, Julia Stiles was one of the reasons that season five was such a mess. I was worried as soon as she was cast because I think she's a terrible actress. As for the finale:
    The episode before the premiere, Deb (Dexter's sister) is shot. In the finale, she is declared brain dead, so Dexter pulls the plug, takes her body onto his boat, and dumps her in the water like all of his other victims, and he then sails directly into a hurricane, "killing himself." Nope. He's off in some other state with a beard working as a logger now. How anticlimactic. The original showrunner had a much different idea for how it would end, which sounded perfect, and it's pretty much what every fan from the start wanted: Dexter is captured, tried, and sentence to lethal injection. He's laying on the table about to be executed, and he looks up and all of his victims from the entire series are there, watching him, just like he watched them when he had them on the table he would murder them on. He is injected and dies.

Wow. So, why did the show change hands? I like the latter ending much better, for sure. As for the actual show, it has just never caught my interest.
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, don't get me wrong, the first four seasons are good. I can't recall why the showrunner was swapped, but it was a huge disappointment. The show also made the grave mistake of running well past its due date. It should've lasted four or five seasons and quit while it was ahead.
  • TokolosheTokoloshe Under your bed
    For the record, I thought the ending of Dexter was pretty much perfect and the only way it could have ended that would have made any sense.
    Tokoloshe wrote:
    For the record, I thought the ending of Dexter was pretty much perfect and the only way it could have ended that would have made any sense.

Why is that the only way the ending would've made sense?