Who should be a Bond girl?

Comments

• edited March 2013 Posts: 12,837
    hot-red-a-great-pose.jpg

Eve Myles. She's been in Torchwood and some other stuff.

Don't think we've ever had a welshy before.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    hot-red-a-great-pose.jpg

Eve Myles. She's been in Torchwood and some other stuff.

Don't think we've ever had a welshy before.

I don't think she's pretty enough. She seems a bit bland.
  • mdo007mdo007 Katy, Texas
    I've been getting addicted to K-pop (anybody on this forum a fan of K-pop music). I've been listening to Girls Generation (or SNSD) and I see 2 beautiful singers that have Bond girl potential on film or in a video game.

Choi Soo-Young

SNSD-s-Sooyoung-the-one-that-eats-alot-but-doesnt-gain-weight-random-31935897-493-600.jpg

tumblr_m7sptflkYY1rcrnc6o1_500.jpg

Sooyoung_2012x.jpg

SooYoung is one of the prettiest girl in the group, she has done acting for various Korean Drama so I think she could be a good Bond girl if given a opportunity. Her English is very good, she seem to know more English then what her fans thought.

Seohyun (real name: Seo Joo-hyun)

Seohyun%2C_lg_3d%2C_snsd.jpg

seohyun+%25281%2529.jpg

This is Seohyun, another pretty member of Girls Generation. Her English impress me because when she speak English, she doesn't show any Asian accent and no, she never studied overseas. Here's a video of her speaking English with barely little Asian accent:

She doesn't do a lot of acting, but I think she has Bond girl potential.

Also for the upcoming movie, Emperor, with Tommy Lee Jones, I noticed a pretty Japanese actress, Eriko Hatsune, she looks kinda cute and exotic enough to take a Bond girl role (maybe for the film adaptation of The man with the red tatoo), she's 30 years old by the way:

250px-Eriko_Hatsune.jpg

3626.jpg

• Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited March 2013 Posts: 13,350
    If she's good why not Olivia Lee? She did screen-tests with the potential Bond actors in 2005. She's 35 now so I'd imagine this upcoming film would be her last chance.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQFGGKq3rlhW2L6FqjgUYXtE6OixM2Fwm--gXrBejsu-ZiPb_Aw
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Felicity Jones

b7dy4l.jpg
    I'm very picky when it comes to US actresses as Bond girls but

Portman, yes please.
    Charlize Theoron
  • Keep going French...

Nora Arnezeder
    143152-nora-arnezeder-637x0-1.jpg

Àstrid Berges-Frisbey
    astridbergesfrisbey.jpg

Adele Haenel
    enhanced-buzz-15531-1309188685-10.jpg

Mélanie Bernier
    600full-melanie-bernier.jpg

Roxane Mesquida
    Roxane+Mesquida+36th+Deauville+Film+Festival+gcwxy6r37g_l.jpg

Vahina Giocante
    1_(1)-22.jpg

Émilie Dequenne
    wallpapers-emilie-dequenne-1181.jpg

Mylène Jampanoï
    tumblr_lj9bet4i7a1qgc6fao1_1280.jpg

Élodie Navarre
    Beaute-conseils-soin-astuces-conseils-ete-vacances-elodie-Navarre_reference.jpg

Hafsia Herzi
    Hafsia+Herzi+Apollonide+Portrait+Session+64th+xEA5VslOg13l.jpg

Louise Bourgoin...(can I say Vote 1)
    louise-bourgoin-6.jpg
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    I'm very impressed by the looks of Nora Arnezeder! Anyone know if she's a good actress?
    So cute..
    nora-arnezeder-safe-house-015.jpg?w=344
    @Copenhagen, those women all look beautiful. I sure hope they can act.
    Why not Tallulah Ryley ?
  • Maybe it's because I'm older (I'm Craig's age) but all of these girls (not women) look WAY too young. This seems to be more of a "girls I think are hot" thread than a "Actresses who have the presence, acting ability, and age to be a Bond girl".

Just my two cents.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    I'd like Catherine Zeta-Jones as a Bond villainess.

Helen Mirren as part of top tier of Quantum (or whatever the baddies turn out to be).

I still don't think Jennifer Connolly is too old, and she is talented and so lovely. Just my thoughts. Though the main Bond girls tend to be in their 20's, don't they ...

Maybe it's because I'm older (I'm Craig's age) but all of these girls (not women) look WAY too young. .

You are not alone, I think many of the actresses brought forward look very much like lolitas. I think given Craig's age, I would rather have a Bond girl in her thirties.
  • Ludovico wrote:
    Maybe it's because I'm older (I'm Craig's age) but all of these girls (not women) look WAY too young. .

You are not alone, I think many of the actresses brought forward look very much like lolitas. I think given Craig's age, I would rather have a Bond girl in her thirties.

Almost all of them are in their 30's! Bourgoin (my french fave) is 32 this year - by the time the next film is out she'll be older than Marlohe is now, Herzi is 26 - older than Eva Green in 2006, Navarre is 34, Jampanoï is 32, Dequenne is 31, Giocante is 31, Mesquida is 31, Bernier is 28 - the rest are younger, but at least in their mid 20's, hardly lolitas.
  • edited March 2013 Posts: 14,816
    Ludovico wrote:

Almost all of them are in their 30's! Bourgoin (my french fave) is 32 this year - by the time the next film is out she'll be older than Marlohe is now, Herzi is 26 - older than Eva Green in 2006, Navarre is 34, Jampanoï is 32, Dequenne is 31, Giocante is 31, Mesquida is 31, Bernier is 28 - the rest are younger, but at least in their mid 20's, hardly lolitas.

Some of them are in their 30s, yes, and of course I am all for them being cast, but some others are in their 20s and do look like lolitas. Heck, I am all in favour of French Bond girls, they usually make the best Bond girls IMO.
    French and Italian women make by bacon sizzle :-D
  • More 'international' options

Mirei Kiritani
    250px-Mirei_Kiritani-p2.jpg

Zhu Zhu
    U2223P28T3D3494593F326DT20111129152013.jpg

Nozomi Sasaki
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTXJkgLwMfMiXI2covH78iTI0KknHoyjA8oenZX_jCj3SnRowflTQ

Meisa Kuroki
    meisa-kuroki.jpg?v=1330762894

Tanit Phoenix
    14056845_ori.jpg

Barbara Mori
    poze-Barbara-Mori-18.jpg

Katie McGrath
    936full-katie-mcgrath+(1).jpg

Gugu Mbatha Raw
    MV5BMTUxMjM1MzgxMl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNDI0NDE5NQ@@._V1._SY314_CR3,0,214,314_.jpg

Melanie Laurent was on that list!

YES x1.000.000.000
  • mdo007mdo007 Katy, Texas
    More 'international' options

Mirei Kiritani
    250px-Mirei_Kiritani-p2.jpg

Zhu Zhu
    U2223P28T3D3494593F326DT20111129152013.jpg

Nozomi Sasaki
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTXJkgLwMfMiXI2covH78iTI0KknHoyjA8oenZX_jCj3SnRowflTQ

Meisa Kuroki
    meisa-kuroki.jpg?v=1330762894

While you're adding some various Asian actresses (I'll agree they're all pretty), I'm going to add some Korean actresses in this one too, since I think South Korea would be happy to have one of their actresses to take Bond girl role (BTW, I think a lot of you need to try to watch more K-drama, there's enough beautiful actresses from SK that could have Bond grl potential):

Han Chae Young:

Han-Chae-Young-Pronovias-Launch-Event-1.jpg

20110524_han_chaeyoung_1.jpg

Soo Ae:

Soo-Ae_Athena_p1.jpg

SooAe2008actressofyearbyKoreanArtsAssociation.jpg

cover+Soo+Ae.jpg

Han Hyo-Joo:

Han-Hyo-Joo-han-hyo-joo-30402350-600-900.jpg

HHJ.jpg

Han+Hyo+Joo+%25281%2529.jpg

South Korea is getting more famous for the last few years because of K-dramas, and the popularity of K-pop (which I'm very addicted to). It would be nice for EON to maybe make the next movie take place in both Japan and South Korea. It would serve as an apology to South Korea for the Die Another Day fiasco, and oh yeah, need a South Korean Bond girl, can help the massive audience to maybe try watchign Korean drama and try out K-pop.

Actress-Adrianne-Palicki.jpg

Adrianne-Palicki-1920X1200-34200.jpg

adrianne_palicki_hot.jpg

adrianne_palicki_legion_pics_2.jpg

Mila Kunis, Megan Fox, Jennifer Lawrence, Cobie Smoulders :)
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    How about Camilla Arfwedson . The only thing that I've seen her in is believe it or not an advert
    for a holiday company ! I feel she might lend a touch of class.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited April 2013 Posts: 13,894
    Mrcoggins wrote:
    How about Camilla Arfwedson . The only thing that I've seen her in is believe it or not an advert

The Secret Escapes advert? If so, then the thought had crossed my mind, but I get more of a Moneypenny vibe.
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    Mrcoggins wrote:

The Secret Escapes advert? If so, then the tought had crossed my mind, but I get more of a Moneypenny vibe.

I thought about Moneypenny too but I don't wish to lose Naomi how about the new Mary Goodnight?
    Sheridan Smith.

shez.jpg

76140_sheridansmith004_122_6lo-1.jpg
    This seems to be more of a "girls I think are hot" thread than a "Actresses who have the presence, acting ability, and age to be a Bond girl".

Just my two cents.

Michelle Rodriguez has lots of presence and can act.

Jeeja Yanin is a brilliant martial artist who could beat the crap out of any of the Bonds and would make a great henchwoman.

Eve Myles is a good actress who deserves more fame, she did the action stuff well in Torchwood and she's won Baftas.

Sheridan Smith is a fantastic actress who's won lots of awards and really deserves more fame than she has. Probably a better actress than any Bond girl we've had.

So my choices weren't choices just based on looks. Are all those girls fit? Yeah, and that's pretty much the no 1 requirement for being a Bond girl. But I didn't pick my choices just because of that.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited April 2013 Posts: 13,350
    Sheridan Smith's a great choice. First rate. After Skyfall, one hopes EON are going after 'higher caliber' choices. If so, she could be on the shortlist depending on the role. She's blonde too!
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited April 2013 Posts: 12,459
    How about Angie Harmon? Just thought of her. I think she'd be great!