Who should be a Bond girl?

Comments

• Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    That would be one of the first steps to doing it in perhaps a more natural way. An American female character with maybe Felix in toe may make for a film that makes the best of those elements. I know America is not a popular choice as a location but if Skyfall goes to London, why not in time, the USA?
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    SaintMark wrote:
    Samuel001 wrote:
    It's not calming down that I need, it's just that genuinely I, like many others, have tired of the constant bickering that has taken over the forums, recently.

Your post was worded in such a way, it seemed as if, to me anyway, you were trying to create some friction that didn't even exist.

I re-worded my post, in case this wasn't the intention, for you to understand what I meant in a clearer manner. I'm glad this helped.

I thought I was clear enough in my initial message but perhaps this wasn't the case, if so I apologise for jumping down your throat. As I said to begin with, it's because I'm very on edge at the moment, over recent events.

No hard feelings, I hope and I hope you are able to understand my point of view. :)

If it is all the same to you Samuel I'd rather not have an American girl unless they chose to make the next Bondmovie an adventure in America in which case it would be a must. One can only hope that we get some class lady that matches the class the actresses had in the 30's in Hollywood.

Hell yes, my good sir! We should clone Lauren Bacall now.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Samuel001 wrote:
    That would be one of the first steps to doing it in perhaps a more natural way. An American female character with maybe Felix in toe may make for a film that makes the best of those elements. I know America is not a popular choice as a location but if Skyfall goes to London, why not in time, the USA?

007 In New York, anyone? Oh no, Bourne went to New York, so it's off limits (sarcasm), even though Bond went there first. >:P
    It's tricky but with John Logan on hand with the script, we may be safe. An American and a writer with a lot of success as of late. Bond 24 in the US? I wouldn't say no.
    Samuel001 wrote:
    It's tricky but with John Logan on hand with the script, we may be safe. An American and a writer with a lot of success as of late. Bond 24 in the US? I wouldn't say no.

I'd love to see Bond have a moment in the finale or a PTS where he is fighting on Mount Rushmore, but then people would say he was copying North By Northwest again.
    edited June 2012 Posts: 13,350
    America, more than any other country, will be difficult to create action sequences for, as every blockbuster film today - and American TV Series - seems to be set there.

Maybe that perfect American Bond girl is far more tricky than first thought.
    SaintMark wrote:
    Samuel001 wrote:
    It's not calming down that I need, it's just that genuinely I, like many others, have tired of the constant bickering that has taken over the forums, recently.

Your post was worded in such a way, it seemed as if, to me anyway, you were trying to create some friction that didn't even exist.

I re-worded my post, in case this wasn't the intention, for you to understand what I meant in a clearer manner. I'm glad this helped.

I thought I was clear enough in my initial message but perhaps this wasn't the case, if so I apologise for jumping down your throat. As I said to begin with, it's because I'm very on edge at the moment, over recent events.

No hard feelings, I hope and I hope you are able to understand my point of view. :)

If it is all the same to you Samuel I'd rather not have an American girl unless they chose to make the next Bondmovie an adventure in America in which case it would be a must. One can only hope that we get some class lady that matches the class the actresses had in the 30's in Hollywood.

Ah, Lauren Bacall. Those were the days!
    Getafix wrote:
    SaintMark wrote:
    Samuel001 wrote:

Marilyn Monroe, Katharine Hepburn, Jane Russell, Ingrid Bergman, Grace Kelly, Elizabeth Taylor, they just don't make them like they used too. Al naturale, every one in those days.
    Getafix wrote:
    SaintMark wrote:
    Samuel001 wrote:

Marilyn Monroe, Katharine Hepburn, Jane Russell, Ingrid Bergman, Grace Kelly, Elizabeth Taylor, they just don't make them like they used too. Al naturale, every one in those days.

Yep, every one of your list is a marvel of nature - great actresses, stunners and full of personality. Today's 'stars' are such nonentities, with a few notable exceptions. The same goes for the men.

It is a sign of how strong the field was back then that Sean and Roger were relatively obscure before being picked for Bond.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Allthough some fair arguments have been made here, I'd prefer it if Bond stayed out of the US for some time. I think there's a lot of places that are more exotic and Bond is definately overdue to go to. I.e. New Zealand and Australia. But I'd prefer him to go to even more exotic places like the Central Asian countries. I mean, who's ever been there?

And all that to just get a decent American Bond-girl is a bit too much ;) Even so, he might meet an American abroad. Not a nuclear physisist, but perhaps a diplomat? Or liason, or...

Here's another suggestion though: Malin Akerman.
    pity she's got a tramp stamp between her shoulder blades, but I guess you can hardly find a gir without these days..

Malin-Akerman.jpg
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Samuel001 wrote:

The USA is overplayed as a lovation. So many countries in the world and tbh the last place I want to see Bond end up in is the States. Every big blockbuster movie this year save for Promethius is set in the USA. It gets tedious. With Bond it's all about exotic culture. As for this business in London, this is the first time the UK gets some real screen time in a Bond movie and given the milestone movie that this is, it's deserving at long last.

Malin Akerman is dreadful.
    edited June 2012 Posts: 13,350

Great looking but that's never enough - for Bond or otherwise!
    Samuel001 wrote:

She doesn't appeal physically and her acting is torture. The worst thing about Watchmen, by far.
    Samuel001 wrote:

She doesn't appeal physically and her acting is torture. The worst thing about Watchmen, by far.

Ha, ha, fair enough. I still wouldn't want her near Bond. Maybe it's because she's blonde. ;)
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    (...) Here's another suggestion though: Malin Akerman.
    pity she's got a tramp stamp between her shoulder blades, but I guess you can hardly find a gir without these days..

Malin-Akerman.jpg

I think she's beautiful. I saw her this week on a comedy movie with Ben Stiller!
  • edited August 2012 Posts: 126
    Diane Kruger-she impressed me in Inglorius Basterds

Any of George Clooney's ex-girlfriends
    Any of Dicaprio's ex-girlfriends
    Tilda Swinton -if the main villian is a woman
    Gina Gershon- i dont care if she is almost 50 !!

• X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    Eva Mendes.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    X3MSonicX wrote:
    Eva Mendes.

I'll ask her later tonight. ;)

In all honesty, I enjoy lesser-known actresses, especially ones I manage to know before the Bond girl role is given, just like Naomie Harris: 'After the Sunset' and 'Miami Vice.'
  • How about Rebecca Hall? A fantastic actress.
    Fun Fact: She's Sam Mendes's girlfriend
    iron-man-3-rebecca-hall.jpg
    rebecca-hall-iron-man-3.jpg
    Her looks don't do it for me, but Hall is definitely a great actress. I had no idea she was Mendes' girlfriend, fun fact, indeed.
  • doubleoego wrote:
    Samuel001 wrote:

The USA is overplayed as a lovation. So many countries in the world and tbh the last place I want to see Bond end up in is the States. Every big blockbuster movie this year save for Promethius is set in the USA. It gets tedious. With Bond it's all about exotic culture. As for this business in London, this is the first time the UK gets some real screen time in a Bond movie and given the milestone movie that this is, it's deserving at long last.

I sort of agree. New York, LA, etc are all overused and I don't want Bond to go there. I wouldn't mind him going somewhere in the US that isn't seen often though.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    How about he stops over in Hawaii? :)
    This one is a Brazilian suggestion. Her name is Carolina Kasting. I've known her since my childhood, and she's a great actress. She mixes up a slight hot look, with a great beauty and intelligence.
    Would be perfect for a Bond girl, this kind of women is rare for a Bond role.

f_113884.jpg
    carol03.jpg
  • BenBen
    Well, there has already been an offer put in for Bond 24 ;)
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-19116763 ~1:27
    That chick who plays Kaleesee in game of thrones!

Didn't hall get it on with Bardem in that film with Scarlett johansen and Penelope cruz?
    doubleoego wrote:
    That chick who plays Kaleesee in game of thrones!

Didn't hall get it on with Bardem in that film with Scarlett johansen and Penelope cruz?

'Vicky Cristina Barcelona'? I haven't seen it in quite some time, but I remember it being very good.
    Yep! That's the film.

For me it would be Sigourney Weaver. She is a great actress to star in many action/sci fi thrillers. She was at the high of her popularity in the 80s and would have made a great bond girl during that decade. I would have loved to have seen her play Octopussy in Octopussy. I thought she would have been great in that role. Now don't get me wrong Maud Adams did and amazing job playing Octopussy I just think Sigourney Weaver would be just as good.

• edited September 2012 Posts: 774
    Would love for Kate Beckinsale to get a go. Easily one of the most beautiful women on the planet. Little bit in love with her (in a safe way, her marriage is not in any danger). beckinsale1s2809.jpg

www.funnycutegirls.blogspot.com.KateBeckinsale.jpg

kate-beckinsale-premiere-total-recall-02.jpg

She's 39 now, though you wouldn't think it to look at her, she looks like she's in her late 20's.