Who should be a Bond girl?

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Yes, no more Bibis! I didn't see The Pink Panther (loved the original Sellers ones of course). Kate would be awesome but is too big a star to be in a Bond film, I am guessing.

Too big a star? We have Albert Finney, Judy Dench, Javier Bardem, and Ralph Fiennes all alongside Daniel Craig in Skyfall and you are saying that Kate is too big a star?? Talk about a power play of acting talent. Kate belongs in a Bond film, and is my dream Bond girl. I say sign her up. Bond films are no longer restricted by casting small time acting talent, and this new Craig era exemplifies that.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Yes, no more Bibis! I didn't see The Pink Panther (loved the original Sellers ones of course). Kate would be awesome but is too big a star to be in a Bond film, I am guessing.

Too big a star? We have Albert Finney, Judy Dench, Javier Bardem, and Ralph Fiennes all alongside Daniel Craig in Skyfall and you are saying that Kate is too big a star?? Talk about a power play of acting talent. Kate belongs in a Bond film, and is my dream Bond girl. I say sign her up. Bond films are no longer restricted by casting small time acting talent, and this new Craig era exemplifies that.

Hmmm. Maybe if it was a major Bond girl role and that would have to be the villain, right? Or it would have to be a recurring role, like Moneypenny, but I don't see that. She's a little young for the new M (... just joshing; I know how much many on here want another female M - not). I'd like her in any part; she is a fantastic actress and really watchable.

• SandySandy Somewhere in Europe

Yep, these seem to be the days when all A-stars want to be in a Bond movie and doesn't it feel good! I can only imagine how great would be a scene between Craig and Winslet, exchange smart double-entendres in MP office. One can dream, right?
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Sandy wrote:

Yep, these seem to be the days when all A-stars want to be in a Bond movie and doesn't it feel good! I can only imagine how great would be a scene between Craig and Winslet, exchange smart double-entendres in MP office. One can dream, right?

She'd be a damn fine MP too. I want her as a Bond girl though. If that happens I can die happy.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    edited April 2012 Posts: 7,971
    Adriana Lima!!!

Don't know about her acting, but she sure looks the part:
    -905074-large_image.jpg
  • oo7oo7
    edited May 2012 Posts: 1,068
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 removed

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gX3wGWHRlXQ?version=3&hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gX3wGWHRlXQ?version=3&hl=en_GB"; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
    Adriana Lima!!!

-905074-large_image.jpg

Isn't that a wardrobe malfunction? ;)
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    A
    Adriana Lima!!!

-905074-large_image.jpg

Approved!
    Adriana Lima!!!

-905074-large_image.jpg

That's a wardrobe win! God I hope they put her in the next Bond film!
  • Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England
    Adriana Lima!!!

-905074-large_image.jpg

That's a wardrobe win! God I hope they put her in the next Bond film!

Yeah, gets my vote. Hope she can act.
    What about Scarlett Johannsen? I think she'd be great.
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    Gwyneth Paltrow.
    FOTO+DE+GWYNETH+PATROW.jpg
    gwyneth-paltrow1.jpg

Nuff Said.
    No, no, no, no.... the Bond series should stay away from really big names. Hasn't that backfired enough??? *cough*HalleBerry*cough*
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    jackdagger wrote:
    No, no, no, no.... the Bond series should stay away from really big names. Hasn't that backfired enough??? *cough*HalleBerry*cough*

Just because it went wrong One time, doesn't means it will go wrong for ever.
    X3MSonicX wrote:
    jackdagger wrote:

Halle just has no talent.
    X3MSonicX wrote:
    jackdagger wrote:

Weren't Teri Hatcher and Grace Jones also hired because they were household names at the time?
    jackdagger wrote:
    X3MSonicX wrote:
    jackdagger wrote:

Weren't Teri Hatcher and Grace Jones also hired because they were household names at the time?

For Teri I am almost positive that is why. Grace I'm not sure about.
    Yep, Halle has no talent, i really know that, BUT, it doesn't turns the fact that the other good and known actresses ain't as talentuous. Gwyneth would do a great work, just as she did in Iron Man 1.
    X3MSonicX wrote:
    Yep, Halle has no talent, i really know that, BUT, it doesn't turns the fact that the other good and known actresses ain't as talentuous. Gwyneth would do a great work, just as she did in Iron Man 1.
    I think some get blocked out by Halle's looks, because I will admit she is very attractive, but she has never impressed me on the acting side of things, which it should be her job to do.
    X3MSonicX wrote:
    I think some get blocked out by Halle's looks, because I will admit she is very attractive, but she has never impressed me on the acting side of things, which it should be her job to do.

I actually agree about her beauty, but she really doesn't makes a good work at acting. Not her best, she should have turned to be a Model. Would make more success.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    For every Halle Berry and Teri Hatcher there's an Honor Blackman and Diana Rigg.
    Samuel001 wrote:
    For every Halle Berry and Teri Hatcher there's an Honor Blackman and Diana Rigg.

And Eva :\"> , who is worth 10+ great Bond girls. Good point @Samuel.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Being well known can work if you're a good actor who given a good character to create and develop. I've heard far worse suggestions than Gwyneth Paltrow.
    American actresses seem not suited to bond films for some reason.
    Samuel001 wrote:

That is true. Maybe it's just the American actresses that are jinxed (no pun intended)
    X3MSonicX wrote:
    X3MSonicX wrote:

I actually agree about her beauty, but she really doesn't makes a good work at acting. Not her best, she should have turned to be a Model. Would make more success.

And yet she won an Oscar for best actress. So I think she feels her acting gig is a keeper after all. ;)
    edited May 2012 Posts: 28,694
    jackdagger wrote:
    Samuel001 wrote:

That is true. Maybe it's just the American actresses that are jinxed (no pun intended)
    Yes, because we forgot Tanya @jackdagger.

JAMES! JAMES! JAMES! JAMES!

I hate Stacey...

:-t
  • edited May 2012 Posts: 12,837
    Hearing about Paltrow reminded me of this.

http://www.cracked.com/blog/dear-gwyneth-paltrow-understanding-why-everyone-hates-you/

(if you can't be arsed to read the whole thing just skip to the pic at the end).
    Bit of an Emily Blunt fan personally.