Movies you thought you'd hate but ended up loving

2»

Comments

• edited June 2017 Posts: 170
    delete
    FoxRox wrote: »
    Zootopia (2016). Didn't really like the advertising, but the movie was a slam-dunk for me; one of Disney's best in years.

I was pleasantly surprised myself by Zootopia, one of the best animated films I have seen.

Zootopia (2016). Didn't really like the advertising, but the movie was a slam-dunk for me; one of Disney's best in years.

I was pleasantly surprised myself by Zootopia, one of the best animated films I have seen.

Absolutely! Pretty great film.

Absolutely! Pretty great film.

I watched it on Sky Movies at 4am it was a random watch, I really should purchase the film.
    Quite a lot, quite a lot... OHMSS is one of them.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited June 2017 Posts: 4,548
    Creed

It may be the best "Rocky" film since the original, back in 1976. I didn't think I'd ever say that going in.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Gone With the Wind.

I thought it was some "chick flick". It is that, too, but so much more as well.
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    About A Boy for me. I thought it would be soppy, but I liked it so much I ended up reading the book...and now I collect Nick Hornby first editions...
    TripAces wrote: »
    Creed

It may be the best "Rocky" film since the original, back in 1976. I didn't think I'd ever say that going in.
    Same here. I caught the trailer and just cringed thinking ultimate cash-in. Bought the DVD and ended up loving it. One of my big fears was Stallone would be used poorly and it was just the opposite. Still feel he was robbed at Oscar time.

I actually find Creed better overall than Rocky Balboa was.