Your Bond location pilgrimages.

Comments

007InVT wrote:
    RogueAgent wrote:
    I am seriously hoping to go to Jamaica next year and to take in a visit to Goldeneye? Thats the plan anyway!! [-O<

Here's a neat video on Goldeneye Mansion, the Jamaican guy has some great stories

Thanks for posting this! It has wetted my appetite even more now! :-bd
  • hullcityfanhullcityfan Banned
    edited June 2013 Posts: 496
    None but had anyone been Goldeneye in Jamaica? I'd love to go and see it, can you visit it? Is it the area or the exact place Fleming wrote the novels?
  • saunderssaunders Living in a world of avarice and deceit
    edited September 2013 Posts: 987
    Spent the summer holidays in the south of Spain and managed to brave the Spanish border guards and pop into Gibraltar for a few days for a spot of TLD PTS location scouting. It's a great place to visit and most of the locations used have not changed much since it was filmed, though the filmmakers did take great liberties with sequencing the shots and you do have to trek all over the rock to find the various sites. Thought these few pics might be interesting for any other member who rates this great action sequence as highly as I do.

[img][/img]DSCF2437_zpse605b489.jpg
    [img][/img]DSCF2439_zpsa8906e0f.jpg
    [img][/img]DSCF2441_zpscc10e408.jpg
    iDSCF2444_zps03df63be.jpgmg]
    [img][/img]DSCF2452_zps17bccb53.jpg
    [img][/img]DSCF2470_zps843b600f.jpg
    [img][/img]DSCF2445_zpsa6fe1eaf.jpg
    [img][/img]DSCF2460_zps9ad1b09a.jpg
    [imgDSCF2449_zpsaefc863f.jpg]
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Nicely done @Saunders! some great pictures indeed!
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    edited September 2013 Posts: 11,139
    @Saunders, that is awesome! And your shirt! Haha! Nice one.
  • edited September 2013 Posts: 3,494
    That's awesome @Saunders! I've got to have one of those Disco Volante shirts if you can tell me where to get one!

I lived in NYC for a year and have been in Harlem being friendly with and under the protection of a local or two, and was in the WTC several times while they stood. I've driven the same expressway used in the car chase. I've also spent a day and night in Nawlins eating and getting somewhat gassed drunk at the Commander's Palace and in the French Quarter. I was also in Miami International Airport for a stopover on my way to the USVI. A stay at the Ocean Beach Club and touring all the locations used in the Bahamas is on the agenda, after my son and I climb some Caribbean volcanoes and do some zip lining while booked on a Lesser Antilles cruise :)
    That's awesome @Saunders! I've got to have one of those Disco Volante shirts if you can tell me where to get one!

I got mine from CafePress.co.uk as well as t-shirts for Zorin Industries, Auric Enterprises, Osato Chemicals, Drax Industries, Stromberg shipping and Octopussy's Circus, it was a few years ago and I don't know if they're still available.

• DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Nicely done @Saunders! some great pictures indeed!

Indeed. Great photos there.
  • retrokittyretrokitty The Couv
    What an awesome collection of photos. Well done, indeed.
    They certainly are great pictures Saunders! Thanks for sharing them!
    saunders wrote:

I got mine from CafePress.co.uk as well as t-shirts for Zorin Industries, Auric Enterprises, Osato Chemicals, Drax Industries, Stromberg shipping and Octopussy's Circus, it was a few years ago and I don't know if they're still available.

Rotten luck, I checked their site and couldn't find anything. I sent them a note to see if they have any old ones available in their warehouse. If only I'd known I would have gotten everything but Drax, my son would have loved Octopussy's Circus although I don't know if he could have worn that one to school :))

SirHenryLeeChaChing,

Here are a couple sites that carry some. The first one is full of some I've not seen before. Might find a few you like.

http://www.redbubble.com/shop/bond+james+t-shirts

http://www.ebay.co.uk/bhp/james-bond-t-shirt

• retrokitty wrote:
    SirHenryLeeChaChing,

Here are a couple sites that carry some. The first one is full of some I've not seen before. Might find a few you like.

http://www.redbubble.com/shop/bond+james+t-shirts

http://www.ebay.co.uk/bhp/james-bond-t-shirt

You are the bomb Kitty. Even though you know it from PM's, I am so glad you are back :). I will check them out immediately and the response from the firm @Saunders mentions.

• 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited September 2013 Posts: 12,459
    First, thanks @Saunders for those great photos! Very nice indeed. Looked like fun; I wish I could go there some day. I do love TLD.

Second - welcome back to @retrokitty!! I am new since you were on this forum before, but I have heard nice things about you and I'm sure plenty of folks are glad you are back. Please stick around. :)
    First, thanks @Saunders for those great photos! Very nice indeed. Looked like fun; I wish I could go there some day. I do love TLD.

Second - welcome back to @retrokitty!! I am new since you were on this forum before, but I have head nice things about you and I'm sure plenty of folks are glad you are back. Please stick around. :)

Invite her to your ladies room thread where the hardcore lady Bond fans lounge about :)

Second - welcome back to @retrokitty!! I am new since you were on this forum before, but I have head nice things about you and I'm sure plenty of folks are glad you are back. Please stick around. :)

Thank you, very much. :)
    Invite her to your ladies room thread where the hardcore lady Bond fans lounge about :)

Yes please! :P
    She has already visited The Girls Room.

And obviously you haven't recently, SirHenry. ;)
    edited September 2013 Posts: 987
    I had a day off today so as the wife and kids weren't around I thought I'd treat myself to a little Bond location trip, putting on an appropriate Bond T-shirt, grabbing my FYEO CD, I headed off in my Lotus Turbo...cunningly disguised by Q as a (ahem) Honda Jazz and made the 20 minute trip via Slough (think of a less welcoming and unattractive LALD Harlem...no offense intended!) to St Giles, the Stoke Poges Church used in the FYEO PTS.
    It was amazing the location has hardly changed and it's beautiful, if I had been shot dead on my wedding day and got to be buried here I would consider myself a very lucky man! Here are a collection of my photos for anyone interested in a admittedly minor Bond location.

St Giles

[img][/img]DSCF2729_zps17e433f5.jpg

[img][/img]DSCF2730_zps0bfcc451.jpg
    [img

[img][/img]DSCF2721_zps1a34baa6.jpg

Tracy's grave location
    [img][/img]DSCF2723_zps6357b664.jpg

The field the helicopter landed in (right next to the graveyard as it appears in the film.
    [img][/img]DSCF2724_zps2ccb1e42.jpg

[img][/img]DSCF2725_zps1cf2b1be.jpg

Spot where the vicar did his cross sign, actually facing Tracy's grave rather than the field.

[img][/img]DSCF2733_zps2c1cb9f2.jpg

[img][/img]DSCF2750_zps40c49091.jpg

One of me in the vain hope someone will say what a good Bond I'd make. ;)

[img][/img]DSCF2741_zps458e1d42.jpg

Failing that here's my attempt at a smaller role
    [img][/img]DSCF2751_zps40f98278.jpg

At the back of the church I stumbled upon this rather familiar Bond location, Stoke Poges golf course though the big threatening red sign forbidding trespassing stopped me investigating further (not very Bond like of me admittedly!)

[img][/img]DSCF2736_zps20145f8e.jpg

And that was it, having strode round the grounds in a very purposeful Roger Moore like way (though unlike me I don't think he had accidently left his flies undone revealing bright red pants to the world), I made my way back to the car and that's where our paths separated, Bond went to on to battle Blofeld, Kristatos and rescue Melina, I went drove home to make some baked beans on toast with Bill Conti's Runaway blasting through my ears.
    saunders wrote:
    I had a day off today so as the wife and kids weren't around I thought I'd treat myself to a little Bond location trip, putting on an appropriate Bond T-shirt, grabbing my FYEO CD, I headed off in my Lotus Turbo...cunningly disguised by Q as a (ahem) Honda Jazz and made the 20 minute trip via Slough (think of a less welcoming and unattractive LALD Harlem...no offense intended!) to St Giles, the Stoke Poges Church used in the FYEO PTS.
    It was amazing the location has hardly changed and it's beautiful, if I had been shot dead on my wedding day and got to be buried here I would consider myself a very lucky man! Here are a collection of my photos for anyone interested in a admittedly minor Bond location.

St Giles

[img][/img]DSCF2729_zps17e433f5.jpg

[img][/img]DSCF2730_zps0bfcc451.jpg
    [img

[img][/img]DSCF2721_zps1a34baa6.jpg

Tracy's grave location
    [img][/img]DSCF2723_zps6357b664.jpg

The field the helicopter landed in (right next to the graveyard as it appears in the film.
    [img][/img]DSCF2724_zps2ccb1e42.jpg

[img][/img]DSCF2725_zps1cf2b1be.jpg

Spot where the vicar did his cross sign, actually facing Tracy's grave rather than the field.

[img][/img]DSCF2733_zps2c1cb9f2.jpg

[img][/img]DSCF2750_zps40c49091.jpg

One of me in the vain hope someone will say what a good Bond I'd make. ;)

[img][/img]DSCF2741_zps458e1d42.jpg

Failing that here's my attempt at a smaller role
    [img][/img]DSCF2751_zps40f98278.jpg

At the back of the church I stumbled upon this rather familiar Bond location, Stoke Poges golf course though the big threatening red sign forbidding trespassing stopped me investigating further (not very Bond like of me admittedly!)

[img][/img]DSCF2736_zps20145f8e.jpg

And that was it, having strode round the grounds in a very purposeful Roger Moore like way (though unlike me I don't think he had accidently left his flies undone revealing bright red pants to the world), I made my way back to the car and that's where our paths separated, Bond went to on to battle Blofeld, Kristatos and rescue Melina, I went drove home to make some baked beans on toast with Bill Conti's Runaway blasting through my ears.

They are awesome pictures! Certainly has not changed much at all has it? Certainly did not realise that it backed onto the golf course?! Thanks for posting and sharing them!
    edited September 2013 Posts: 380
    What a great post, saunders! Well done.
    Glad you like them guys, it was a really memorable trip for me, the church and local geography are laid out exactly like they appear in the film and the location is absolutely stunning and well worth a trip. The only downside for me was being so close but unable to get to the front of the Stoke Poges Golf building for some GF snaps, but seriously the place was like a Bond villains hideout with big red 'Keep out' warning signs and brightly primary coloured, costumed men patrolling the grounds with big sticks (ok they may of been golf clubs!), I was worried if I did try and cross the bridge, Gunther would appear and start shouting 'Strictly forbidden' at me.
    Something did strike me as I stood staring longingly at the golf course, and that was the plentiful sounds of birdsong in this quiet landscape that sounds exactly like it did in the film during the golfing scenes.
    Has anyone else got any Bond location visits they'd like to share? I'd love to hear about them!
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    It was really nice seeing these pictures @saunders. Thanks.
    Went to London today on a primarily Skyfall location pilgrimage but I found a few other rather nice sites.

DAD Westminster Bridge

[img][/img]DSCF2772_zps1db7bb47.jpg

George's famous lamp post pose Westminster Bridge

[img][/img]DSCF2773_zpsa8799db5.jpg

My less than successful attempt to recreate it!

[img][/img]DSCF2774_zps5c2d8ee8.jpg

TWINE MI6 explosion

[img][/img]DSCF2787_zps846767ff.jpg

MI6 Vauxhall

[img][/img]DSCF2793_zps46a28f08.jpg

SF MI6 viewed from Vauxhall bridge

[img][/img]DSCF2792_zpsed3861e1.jpg

SF M's car stopped here.

[img][/img]DSCF2791_zps2ddf1838.jpg

New Digs, entrance to MI6 bunker.

[img][/img]DSCF2801_zps029e2d35.jpg

[img][/img]DSCF2803_zps334ea34e.jpg

SF The National Gallery, Trafalgar Square.

[img][/img]DSCF2786_zpsaf19abde.jpg

[img][/img]DSCF2784_zpscae7a2f5.jpg

TLD Universal Exports, Malaysia House, Trafalgar Square.

[img][/img]DSCF2782_zpsc3b57ca8.jpg

SK Westminster underground and Bond's route to the enquiry (sadly Trinity House is undergoing a facelift, hence the plastic sheeting).

[img][/img]DSCF2776_zpsefbffa0c.jpg

[img][/img]DSCF2778_zpsec8cedf3.jpg

[img][/img]DSCF2794_zpsb43a94ab.jpg

[img][/img]DSCF2796_zps1e382ae4.jpg

Where Bond and M sped past the arriving police cars.

[img][/img]DSCF2795_zps2e64240f.jpg

OHMSS Collage of Arms.

[img][/img]DSCF2806_zpse4fcdf32.jpg

[img][/img]DSCF2809_zps1b179ce7.jpg

TND Bond's entrance to Somerset House.

[img][/img]DSCF2811_zps194287a2.jpg

[img][/img]DSCF2812_zps7ccb7b11.jpg

GE Somerset house also used for scene where Wade and Bond mend the car.

[img][/img]DSCF2814_zps40c0c544.jpg

TND M's convoy passes here.

[img][/img]DSCF2797_zps32d4b06f.jpg

SF Building whose roof Bond stands on at end of film.

[img][/img]DSCF2781_zpsc23d2aa9.jpg

AVTAK Exterior shot of Universal Exports

[img][/img]DSCF2780_zpsaacf5559.jpg

Lots more Bond sites to see in London but I ran out of time, hope you like them,
    Great, great photos! I really appreciate you taking the time and for sharing these, @Saunders. How I wish I could visit England more easily ... sigh ... love the London pics and the churchyard looks lovely for sure; so glad it has not changed.

" ... brightly primary coloured, costumed men patrolling the grounds with big sticks (ok they may of been golf clubs!), I was worried if I did try and cross the bridge, Gunther would appear and start shouting 'Strictly forbidden' at me. " - you really make me laugh sometimes. That is hilarious.

Good quality pics indeed - and may I just say it? What a great Bond you'd make, dear Saunders. Even when driving a Lotus disguised as a Honda. ;)

(I currently don't have a vehicle; don't need one here in biking/walking/train-taking western Japan. By the way, I tried out some Wai Lin moves on my dog - he fell down laughing, as only dogs can.)
    Some more great photos @Saunders It's been years since I last made a trip to London. Think it's high time I paid it a visit again soon.

Good quality pics indeed - and may I just say it? What a great Bond you'd make, dear Saunders. Even when driving a Lotus disguised as a Honda. ;)

You are now my most favourite member ever 4EverBonded! :D
  • Wow thanks for sharing these photos @Saunders. I especially love the ones taken at St Giles as FYEO is a film very dear to my heart. It is definitely on my Bond pilgrimage list of places to go
    Thanks @Rogertheclown, of the locations I've visited St Giles is the one that you really feel like you've just stepped into the film, beautiful place and very near to Pinewood studios and Black park (Where they filmed among others, the GF night car chase and Obanno's Uganda camp from CR) and of course Stoke Park golf course is agonizingly close. Well worth a trip for any Bond fan. When you go don't forget to post your experience here, it would be a welcome relief for everyone to have a break from me hogging it. :)
    @saunders thanks for all of the wonderful pictures! They're wonderful.

Nice try on the OHMSS re-creation. ;)