Your Bond location pilgrimages.

Comments

• CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Agent_99 wrote: »
    I visited Stonor Park, a.k.a. the TLD safe house, today! The house is currently closed but you can wander round the grounds.

It was an unexpectedly huge thrill to sweep up the drive and catch sight of the house just the way Bond does. I managed a photo stop on exit.

EgXtGk5XgAUqyXz.jpg

I carefully transported my model Huey all the way there and back for this ridiculously nerdy shot:

832609-72075-74-1440.jpg

Epic! Very cool shot! I'd put it on the wall if I were you.

We're off to Corfu in a couple of days. I have no idea if we'll manage to get to any of the Bond-locations, but I'll try.
  • goldenswissroyalegoldenswissroyale Switzerland
    @CommanderRoss I spent my honeymoon there and my wife accepted that we used two days for Bond sightseeing. There are a lot of awesome movie locations there.
  • marcmarc Universal Exports
    marc wrote: »
    We've been to Gibraltar; since the cable car/siege tunnels/apes' den etc. were very expensive we decided to hike up the rock. Not the path Dalton rode down on the Land Rover, but it looked quite similar.
    Halfway up it started raining, so we went back, and it was also very foggy. But later from the dunes of the Atlantic coast we had a great view of Morocco.

Never been to Gibraltar, but have sailed past it.
    It's a great location!

As a 4-yr-old I was on Verzasca Dam (from the GE PTS). I didn't bungee jump, but we let paper planes fly down and filmed them. Must have landed on top of the Chemical Weapons facility down there. I was quite emotionalized as earlier, somewhere else in Verzasca Valley, I had stepped on a shard of glass, and one of my soles had been covered with blood - suitable for a Bond location.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    edited August 2020 Posts: 7,969
    @CommanderRoss I spent my honeymoon there and my wife accepted that we used two days for Bond sightseeing. There are a lot of awesome movie locations there.

Cool! I'll have to look into the locations and I've not only my wife, but also our 2y/o and my mother to consider. But on the other hand, I'm the one driving the rental... :-D
  • goldenswissroyalegoldenswissroyale Switzerland

Cool! I'll have to look into the locations and I've not only my wife, but also our 2y/o and my mother to consider. But on the other hand, I'm the one driving the rental... :-D

Renting a car is the best way to find the cool spots: Pagi is the name of the village which was part of the car action scene. This was definitely a highlight for me. And you are there with your mother: Mothers are interested in a bit of history and romance: Go visit the Achilleion, which was the Palace built for the Austrian Empress. Tell the familiy that a bit of culture/history lesson is always great and enjoy the great Bond locations! Corfu is wonderful and even better for a Bond fan!
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    Thanks for all the kind comments!

@CommanderRoss, I loved Corfu when I went - it's so gorgeous everywhere, I can't imagine there will be objections if you stop off at Bond locations.
    As a 4-yr-old I was on Verzasca Dam (from the GE PTS). I didn't bungee jump, but we let paper planes fly down and filmed them.

That is very cool!
    That was a great idea of you to shoot the Huey in front of Stonor Park! At first glance it looks like a scene from the TLD film.
    Thanks @goldenswissroyale and @Agent_99! I'll see if it is possible to go those places! The island is wonderful, that's for sure!
    That was a great idea of you to shoot the Huey in front of Stonor Park! At first glance it looks like a scene from the TLD film.

Thank you! I'm really pleased with how the shot came out.
    edited September 2020 Posts: 2,609
    Indeed. For a future shot you might add some wind, let the rotor rotate and hide the rock in front, to make it even more TLD-like :--)
    It was my birthday yesterday and I achieved a long-held ambition:

318206_600.jpg

Can't believe I didn't manage a better painface than that. I practise most days.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    edited September 2020 Posts: 2,541
    Agent_99 wrote: »
    It was my birthday yesterday and I achieved a long-held ambition:

318206_600.jpg

Can't believe I didn't manage a better painface than that. I practise most days.

Haha @Agent_99 , nice. Happy birthday. Hope you didn't dislocated your collarbone ?
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    Yeah, Happy Birthday, @Agent_99!
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Epic, @Agent_99.
    Well done @Agent_99! And happy birthday as well!
    Thank you all! No shoulder injuries but my legs were pretty stiff afterwards.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Looking forward to another next year, on your hundredth.
    Looking forward to another next year, on your hundredth.

Don't you know you should never mention a woman's age??
    Don't worry about the painface; just proves you're in better shape than Bond.
    Congrats and best wishes for your B-day!
    Thank you @marc!
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    One of my favourite locations to visit was Amberley Museum, I’m sure it’s probably been mentioned a few times! It was the location for the main strike mine in AVTAK and still looked exactly the same: a ‘main strike’ sign over the entrance to the tunnel! Plus quite a few Zorin mine carts were still about the place too. That was a really fun one.

Other fun ones I got to visit were Dunsfold aerodrome when they were shooting the Miami airport sequence for CR there: I was there in the daytime so didn’t see any shooting, but the airport bus was there along with a baggage car and luggage strewn all across the runway :)
    And I also visited Hankley Common when they were filming Skyfall: I got to wander right up to the house and chapel: they looked amazing. I’ll dig out some photos of anyone wants.
    Oh I did watch the filming of the TWINE boat chase a little too, that was fun.
    Wow, @mtm, you have good timing!
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    I went to Venice for my birthday with my Agent Triple X, spotted the CR drowning building and Vesper's iconic spot at Ponte delle Colonne. Venice is like a dream, the most beautiful city on earth.

BiuNpzC.jpg

acjikCw.jpg
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Venice is one of the loveliest places I have been to. A bit expensive, though.
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    Looks lovely, @matt_u!
    Venice has been on my list for ages. It mixes my two favourite things in life: Bond and Italy ;)
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    Lovely picture @matt_u .
    matt_u wrote: »
    I went to Venice for my birthday with my Agent Triple X, spotted the CR drowning building and Vesper's iconic spot at Ponte delle Colonne. Venice is like a dream, the most beautiful city on earth.

BiuNpzC.jpg

acjikCw.jpg

Certainly a place on my to go to list! :-bd
  • 007bondUK007bondUK England
    As it is James Bond day it seems like a good day to post some of my most recent Bond location trips! This one has been on my radar way before the pandemic but was able to get out a couple of weeks ago and had great weather and access to every location I had planned to visit :)

octopussy@bond_down_low.jpg

octopussy@bond_starts_driving_on_tracks.jpg

octopussy@bond_train_crossing.jpg

octopussy@car_into_river.jpg

octopussy@helicopter_over_tracks.jpg

octopussy@jewel_carriage.jpg

octopussy@river_009.jpg

octopussy@river_gate.jpg

octopussy@signal_box_level_crossing.jpg

octopussy@signal_box_station.jpg

octopussy@train_carriage.jpg

octopussy@train_level_crossing.jpg

octopussy@tunnel.jpg

octopussy@tunnel_alcove.jpg

octopussy@tunnel_car.jpg
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    Great photos! Thanks!
    Well done @007bondUK ! Very cool pictures! cool to see so much is still in the same state!