So you want to start a new Elimination game?

Comments

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    The film game is very different from last time. Let s see.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    Animals in Bond films - 2 +1
    Deleted scenes -0
    Secondary Bond girls -0
    PTS -0
    Best Bond -0
    This is more like a game idea for the distant future. I ran the idea by Birdleson privately and I just wanted to toss it out there and see what people think of it. I had an idea for a Bond film elimination game that follows the usual rules with two downvotes per day per player but that has no upvotes (or possibly a game where everyone gets one downvote per day). I'm not sure what a good starting total would be for such a game. The main reason for this is to prevent petty retaliations and to encourage players to downvote films because they genuinely consider them to be the worst of the remaining films on the list. Part of the problem with upvotes is that they separare people into camps. If for instance I think GF is better than MR or vice versa I should be able to vote those preferences without blind fan loyalties turning things into "Sean vs. Roger". I think removing upvotes diminishes this effect on people. This way no one can draw the conclusion that you are saying one actor is better than another. I know that when people want to do something badly enough there is no way to stop them but it seems to me like this could help diminish vindictive voting to an extent. Obviously Birdleson has a film elimination game going at this time so this would be an idea for further out and if someone else wanted to take the idea and run with it later on, more power to them. I'm not really itching to host a game. I just wanted to throw the idea out there and see what people think.
  • edited March 2016 Posts: 1,386
    Animals in Bond films - 2
    Deleted scenes -0
    Secondary Bond girls -0
    PTS -1 (+1)
    Best Bond -0
    What are those zeroes?
  • MooseWithFleasMooseWithFleas Philadelphia
    vzok wrote: »
    If we are doing the Animals elimination game, then surely Blofeld's Cat should be in there.

Because Blofeld's cat is featured in so many films, I decided to disqualify it. If included, it would surely run away with it.
    vzok wrote: »
    What about the peeing dog in Thunderball?

Definitely considered it! Thought it might get too much love because of its unintentional hilarity, considering that the sharks were meant to be in the film and more crucial to the plot.
    For SPECTRE, the mouse!

THANK YOU!! Good call :)
    We did a secondary bond girls in 2015 I believe. I'll shamelessly vote for my animals nomination :)
    josiah wrote: »
    @CrazySoul95 Would deleted scenes include scenes that were completed but the footage has been lost? There's a deleted scene in MR with Jaws emerging from the circus tent that was shot but the footage was simply lost. You can see some of the footage and photos of the scene on the dvd though.

I was thinking only completed scenes as there are very many.
    We can do another game for the uncompleted scenes. The famous OHMSS rooftop chase, and TMWTGG shootout between the rocks, etc...

Deleted scenes -0
    Secondary Bond girls -0
    PTS -2 (+1)
    Best Bond -0
    Deleted scenes -0
    Secondary Bond girls -0
    PTS -3 (+1)
    Best Bond -0
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    edited March 2016 Posts: 4,151
    Deleted scenes -0
    Secondary Bond girls -0
    PTS -4 (+1)
    Best Bond -0

Not voted for my suggestion as it seems it was done last year.
    Deleted scenes -1
    Secondary Bond girls -0
    PTS -4
    Best Bond -0
    Animals in Bond films - 3
    Deleted scenes -1
    Secondary Bond girls -0
    PTS -4
    Best Bond -0
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    So now we're playing an elimination game about elimination games? :)
  • GBFGBF
    Animals in Bond films - 4
    Deleted scenes -1
    Secondary Bond girls -0
    PTS -4
    Best Bond -0
    Im looking for deleted scenes atm, to make a list for the deleted scenes game. And i can't find any completed deleted scenes from the 1960's. Are there none? Anybody knows?
    It looks like Animals and PTS win.

They can be done simultaneously, or not?
  • GBFGBF
    Yes let's make these two. Animals and PTS.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator

GBF wrote: »
    Yes let's make these two. Animals and PTS.

We only have two games going at anyone time, to avoid clutter. And everyone opening a new game every day. With the Bond film elimination game still active, only one new game will be started. So make the choice between Animals or PTS
  • edited March 2016 Posts: 4,026
    Perhaps we should have had minus points votes so that some of the options would get eliminated from the elimination elimination game.
  • GBFGBF
    I also recommend to start only with 15 points. Otherwise the games go on for too long (see Bond cars elimination game which is still going on with only few participants). 10 or 15 points is enough.
    Let s go for PTS then.
  • ForYourEyesOnlyForYourEyesOnly In the untained cradle of the heavens
    Deleted scenes -1
    Secondary Bond girls -0
    PTS -5 (+1)
    Best Bond -0
    Deleted scenes -1
    Secondary Bond girls -0
    PTS -6 (+1)
    Best Bond -0

40 points are way too much, the Bond movie and the cars elimination game have overstayed their welcome (imho).
    30 points would be enough.

PTS is fine with me.
    Animals can be done once the Bond movie game is finished (probably in 2019 :)) )
  • GBFGBF
    No make 15 Points. Not more. The villain's lair elimination game was perfect with 15 points.
    edited March 2016 Posts: 3,349
    I'm okay with 15. We will burn through games pretty fast though. Nice to have them last 6 weeks or so, so we pass more time until Bond 25.

That being said 15 allows for people to make a quick run on a favorite to eliminate, which I like. Let's be honest, we all know GF, CR, TSWLM, and OHMSS are gonna win PTS with maybe TLD sneaking it. We don't need a game to decide consensus ranking. I've been doing these type of rankings games since the late 90s and the fun for me has always been the friendly competition of seeing some unexpected upsets.
    Also, just remembered we did PTS before. http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/9708/pst-it-is-the-pts-elimination-game-evaluation/p61.

I'm OK with redoing though. There was a big run on GF around the top ten time.
    GE did well in PTS last time. My guess is with the growing anti-Brosnan sentiment and the plane stunt at the end, which tends to get criticism now; it would finish just outside top 5. Also, sometimes, people tend to down vote/up vote their least/most favorite films instead of focusing only on the aspect we are voting on.

I would expect SP to get into the top 10 though.
  • Animals in Bond films - 4
    Deleted scenes -1
    Secondary Bond girls -0
    PTS -7 +1
    Best Bond -0