Bond Girl Friday's

Comments

• Andi1996RueggAndi1996Ruegg Hello. It's me, Evelyn Tremble.
    Wild Things ?!

Well...that figures ha ha.... @bondjames thanks for the information. And a classic too! Very good.

...and found it on iTunes, from 1998, that makes it her film before TWINE, that's cool.

From the pics I see and description it sounds like some sort of neo-noir? I may just buy it instead of renting it.
    That would make it the second film only I actually own...ahem...the other one being The Sound of Music....well....that's a stretch! I guess.
  • bondjames wrote: »
    Bottom one is from Starship Troopers, I think.

Yes. An undisputed classic, that one.
    edited December 2017 Posts: 2,005
    Ok, so she's been in a number of classics, glad to hear it.

I may just as well start to widen my knowledge about contemporary cinema by watching Wild Things and Starship Troopers then.
    I admit I have never seen a sci-fi movie before. Unless Avengers belongs to that category, a chore to sit through that was, but then I only go to the cinema sometimes, for the socializing.
    Ok, so she's been in a number of classics, glad to hear it.

I may just as well start to widen my knowledge about contemporary cinema by watching Wild Things and Starship Troopers then.
    I admit I have never seen a sci-fi movie before. Unless Avengers belongs to that category, a chore to sit through that was, but then I only go to the cinema sometimes, for the socializing.

In a sense MR could qualify as science fiction, though Cubby referred to it as "science fact". I'd say it's an honorary sci-fi film.
  • I may just as well start to widen my knowledge about contemporary cinema by watching Wild Things and Starship Troopers then.
    I admit I have never seen a sci-fi movie before.

I can think of few better places than Starship Troopers to begin a foray into science fiction cinema.

It also comes with the equally incomparable Dina Meyer.

B000MF4O82_starshiptroopers_UXSY1._V143581242_RI_SX940_.jpg

Pick up Starship Troopers now if you would like to see more.

You will press play...AND YOU WILL WIN!
    aha! haha...ok...

I'll give it a go. Sometimes I love being around in this time and space. iTunes seems to have about anything just ready to watch (purchase or rent).
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    @Andi Starship Troopers is either:

A - A very clever and extremely well executed critique on society

B - A terrible pulp movie

You either love it or hate it. Personally I love it, I think it falls in th first category. But indeed it isn't the best introduction into sci-fi. Still, fun to watch.

Wild Things is just what the title says. It's Denise at her best acting too.

• 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    @Andi1996Ruegg just to give you a heads up, if you think License to Kill is too violent and gruesome i would stay as far away from Starship Troopers, or any other Paul Verhoeven Movie, as possible :))
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Robocop and Total Recall are awesome lol
    Robocop and Total Recall are awesome lol

Oh they certainly are, but you know, Verhoeven is like Tosca, he's not for everyone ;)
    @00Agent

ha ha ok, I'll keep that in mind...

if it's over the top violence I may like it actually, I just hate very realistic, torturous violence, I can't see anything that show or suggests rape either.

I still don't know if Felix's wife was raped or not, is that established?

I just find the violence too graphic in LTK, Krest's death is bad enough, why show it!!!!
    I have purchased Wild Things and Starship Troopers.
    I got to start somewhere and I admit Denise Richards is w***ing material for me.

My favorite though is Eva Green, but she is a Goddess in general. Divine and perfect.
    edited December 2017 Posts: 5,185
    @00Agent

ha ha ok, I'll keep that in mind...

if it's over the top violence I may like it actually, I just hate very realistic, torturous violence, I can't see anything that show or suggests rape either.

I still don't know if Felix's wife was raped or not, is that established?

I just find the violence too graphic in LTK, Krest's death is bad enough, why show it!!!!

Verhoeven is as over the top as you can get in mainstream cinema, it's like a crash course in human anatomy with all the Body parts flying around, and i have to admit Total Recall had traumatized me quite badly as a small kid lol.

But Verhoeven also had a nice eye for attractive ladies ;)
    it's the other of his famous tropes.

Girls and Violence, mix it all together, make it over the top and you have a Verhoeven movie.

Maybe we should move this particular conversation somewhere else just to get back on topic.
    Absolutely. Back on topic and uh...huh....

full.jpg
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Good call.

06ce6550b186093db240ca7ecaba5cff.jpg
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    My favorite though is Eva Green, but she is a Goddess in general. Divine and perfect.
    @Andi1996Ruegg, with talk like that people are going to start thinking that you are me using a double account.
    @Andi1996Ruegg, with talk like that people are going to start thinking that you are me using a double account.

Well that would be a honor, if people would think I am you!
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator

Surely no one would have to dual account @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7
    And if they did, we usually spot them ;)

Like Sean spotted lovely Ursula on the beach in DN.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    001 wrote: »
    001 wrote: »
    Lea never smiles.
    bondjames wrote: »
    Doesn't she have a gap between her front two incisors (like Lauren Hutton)? That may explain it. Either that or she's figured that the smouldering stare is sexier. Either way, can't go wrong with a face and bod like hers.

image.jpg

lea-seydoux-grand-central-photocall-in-cannes-2013jpg.jpg

250?cb=20150825112458

?url=https%3A%2F%2Fcdn1.uvnimg.com%2Fcf%2Fe3%2F8a5bb7c040028890216a5018c6c7%2Fa8fb4d3e35b74867bc91fb77087f835c

Her teeth look terrible. No wonder she doesn't smile much.
    Why doesn't she get them fixed ?

@001
    No one should get anything "fixed" IMO.
    You're telling me you don't want to fix her? :-P
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.

We are all @Thunderfinger's accounts. This is his martix. We don't exist.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    royale65 wrote: »

We are all @Thunderfinger's accounts. This is his martix. We don't exist.

It is as if I should have said it myself.
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    But you did?
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited January 2018 Posts: 40,497
    royale65 wrote: »
    But you did?

You mean you did, because he did, so you did.

INCEPTION.

Also, is that GIF at the top of this page from Wild Things? I've never seen it, but apparently I should fix that ASAP.
    @Creasy47

It is from Wild Things and it's the first ever movie I actually purchased myself after seeing that GIF.
    I need my fix of Denise Richards, on repeat, pause and slow-mo button in use heavily.
    On that 108" screen I luckily got here.
    ...I want to watch TWINE....like now...strange...
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited January 2018 Posts: 23,883
    @Creasy47, the top gif in the pool with Neve Campbell is indeed from Wild Things. I recommend it. Interesting thriller with Matt Dillon, Kevin Bacon, Theresa Russell and Bill Murray among others. Quite steamy. Classic 90's neo noir.

EDIT: Another good one from that era is Palmetto with Woody Harrelson and Elizabeth Shue.
    Wild Things is better than TWINE.
  • Wild Things is better than TWINE.

This can't be Thunderfinger's matrix, you see, because I do not agree with—I do not agree with—

hckkkkkkkkkkkkk>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Wild Things is better than TWINE.
    Accept me as your ruler, or I will be your conqueror.

You may call me Your Imperial Highness or Your Magnificence.
  • I will do as you ask, Your Malfeasance.