SHADEMAKER - released!

13»

Comments

Our tribute movie will be online shortly.

510166112181849353167198869297477692833163235653o.jpg

535837119924241128494720497397906227376n.jpg

7033671203230511364141363721221061616238n.jpg
  • SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland
    YeeeHaa!
  • SatoriousSatorious Brushing up on a little Danish
    Looking forward to this. From memory your previous films were released just before new Bond films, which helps to add excitment (they also make those long last couple of weeks go by that little bit quicker). Looking forward to seeing things in HD this time! ;)
    That's exactly how I see these small scale productions - an appetizer for the big one. It could be online in less than 3hrs.
    Release today at 2.30 pm GMT.

172466affichequado.jpg
  • edited October 2015 Posts: 157
    Your appetizer for the real thing coming soon is here.
    We hope you'll enjoy the experience.

SHADEMAKER

A passion project and a nonprofit James Bond tribute film, "Shademaker" is a Constellation Studios release.

In one last adventure from a trilogy a James Bond tribute films, 007 finally finds his arch-nemesis Ernst Stavro Blofeld. The story is loosely adapted from Ian Fleming novels "The Spy Who Loved Me" and "On Her Majesty's Secret Service".

When Bond loses his memory and finds himself isolated and stranded in the Canadian Rockies in a "Straw dog"-like first part of his mission he will have to find all the resources within himself and can only count on the help of local lodge manager Vivienne Michel to face two mysterious men nicknamed Horror and Sluggsy. The rest of his mission will lead him to Geneva, Switzerland where these two men were last seen. In the shadows, Blofeld has secretly moved back to one of his former bases and plans to ransom the world with one deadly weapon.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Looking forward to watching this later!
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Hell of a fan film!! Loved it!!
    I can only imagine how much work went into making this (and the other two as well). Well done for pulling it off. I particularly enjoyed the "Mrs Logan" scene.
    Thanks ClarkDevlin. Thanks Satorious. The funny thing about what you point out is that the "Mrs Logan" scene came late in the process. We felt it was needed to make the lodge scenes "breathe" a little and to have the audience remember who the threat is.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    I can easily point out my favourite scenes:

1-Reflection of Bond looking at him in the mirror, reminding him of who he is. Loved the one who pointed the gun at him and the one staring with edge and anger being in tuxedo.

2-The sudden gunbarrel cliche as Bond remembers suddenly who he is.

3-The fight scene in front of the chapel.

4-The assault nearby Gumbold's mansion, which was a great action setpiece.

5-The ending with Bond finishing off Blofeld... Especially the notable line he whispered in his ear. I imagine that's how Bond's adventures would have ended.

It was a blast.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Probably the best fan film I've seen. Excellent work my friend.
    Yes, the mirror scene is very good and suitably surreal. I also liked your custom gunbarrel (more than the last couple of Craig ones in fact). I thought you built up some tension pretty well with the Blofeld scenes (and the Harwood scene).
    Thank you, jake24.

The film needed tension, Satorious - hence the Mrs Logan scene added later. Yet I wanted it to take its time in its first part. The idea of doing a "closed thriller" high in the mountains appealed to me. The idea of treating Bond's memory problems thanks to visual tricks was also appealing.

Action can't do everything - especially when you don't have the means to have big setpieces as in the official Bond movies. Creating a special mood is as interesting as it becomes a necessity - to make a good enough movie.
    youtu.be/K3yqABL5ydM"]
  • SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland
    Everyone should watch this, outstanding work for a fan made film.
    This appetizer for Spectre is getting nearly 700 views. Thank you!