It Seems There Are More QoS Appreciators Than Thought Before

Comments

• RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    edited March 2019 Posts: 13,032
    Yeah I was gonna say best henchman named Elvis.

How about best freeze-frame before main titles.
  • RC7RC7
    ‘Most perplexingly arduous run time’.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Best use of bonnet cam, at the end of the PTS and when name-searching Dominic Greene.
  • Beast henchman who gets a fatal neck-tug from a falling barrel out of a fast moving train and expects to return in the next movie.
  • Having watched Eva Green play a solid Vesper Lynd to the point that her spirit fills the air of QoS, it brings the same spirit of Michelle Pfeiffer's Catwoman in Tim Burton's Batman Returns.

Eva Green would make an excellent Selina Kyle/Catwoman, especially under Tim Burton's direction, given how Batman Returns ended in the snow similar to QOS.

Femme fatale whose essence emminates the very next film even though her character has died.

• Do you think that Felix Leiter's presence was spoiled by having such a comedic riot as Beam for his counterpart in the last film?

Can you see Leiter coming back without a comedic counterpart like the one he had in QoS?
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Do you think that Felix Leiter's presence was spoiled by having such a comedic riot as Beam for his counterpart in the last film?

Can you see Leiter coming back without a comedic counterpart like the one he had in QoS?

I never thought of Beam as funny.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    No and yes. Harbour was great in the small role he had. Notice how both he and Felix check out the flight attendant's ass. It's little details like that, that I love about this film.
    Do you think that Felix Leiter's presence was spoiled by having such a comedic riot as Beam for his counterpart in the last film?

Neither did I. I found him quite nasty. He was a great character! Wish he would/could return!
    Mathis1 wrote: »

Neither did I. I found him quite nasty. He was a great character! Wish he would/could return!

Indeed,him and Guy Haines.
  • barryt007 wrote: »
    Mathis1 wrote: »

Indeed,him and Guy Haines.

Beam, Guy Haines (certainly relevant/necessary to be resolved for story), and also a tip from Yusef.
  • RemingtonRemington I'll do anything for a woman with a knife.
    QOS is a shitty Bourne ripoff. SP is a masterpiece.

Aprils Fools
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    Remington wrote: »
    QOS is a shitty Bourne ripoff. SP is a masterpiece.

Aprils Fools

Not gonna lie, you had me in the first half :))
  • edited April 2019 Posts: 1,280
    SF is a Home Alone ripoff with a little GF going in it
    I, to this day, still don't get the Skyfall-Home Alone connection. If anything it references Straw Dogs. Oh, well.
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    It has do to with the fact Ralph Foody appears in both films.
  • RemingtonRemington I'll do anything for a woman with a knife.
    Walecs wrote: »
    I, to this day, still don't get the Skyfall-Home Alone connection. If anything it references Straw Dogs. Oh, well.

It's because of the scene where Bond and M set up traps. It's kind of a cheap comparison but I understand it.
  • Remington wrote: »

It's because of the scene where Bond and M set up traps. It's kind of a cheap comparison but I understand it.

John Williams' music sure helps too :D
    https://youtu.be/eWk76di7atw
  • Folks.......Was Camille a ghost?

Here's why I ask you this:
    -She represented a parallel to Bond's ideas of vengeance as though a mere reflection of his stream of consciousness
    -She shot thru thin air when meeting Bond and he barely flinched by dodging her

One could say that she actually died during the fire, whether it be by gunshot or by the blast caused by Bond to get them to escape because of the final scene and reason for my argument below.

-She was dropped off at the cemetery by Bond
    and when she was walking away
    -The editing made it seem as though she vanishes like a ghost
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Folks.......Was Camille a ghost?

Here's why I ask you this:
    -She represented a parallel to Bond's ideas of vengeance as though a mere reflection of his stream of consciousness
    -She shot thru thin air when meeting Bond and he barely flinched by dodging her

One could say that she actually died during the fire, whether it be by gunshot or by the blast caused by Bond to get them to escape because of the final scene and reason for my argument below.

-She was dropped off at the cemetery by Bond
    and when she was walking away
    -The editing made it seem as though she vanishes like a ghost

@dramaticscenesofQOS is there something possibly illegal you’re taking?
    Camille a ghost?
    She interacts with other people not just Bond.
    I don’t think it’s a cemetery that Bond drops her off at.
    She’s not a ghost as would potentially ruin Bond (Though Baron Samedi on the front of the train in LALD so you never know )

• @Benny

I'm talking about the cemetery next to the train station shown in the scene.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    @dramaticscenesofQOS it’s an interesting fan theory you’ve got there. I quite like the idea. Not as fact but just as something to think about

I would have loved if it was more Straw Dogs, visceral and tense. But I definitely go along with Home Alone comparisons, it was silly and stupid, as for M sitting there breaking up light bulbs and pulling down curtains, Bernard Lee was scowling from heaven and throwing his eyes up ala DAF!
  • @dramaticscenesofQOS it’s an interesting fan theory you’ve got there. I quite like the idea. Not as fact but just as something to think about

Thank you. I wish @Dragonpol was here to give his input on this idea.
  • RC7RC7

You mean you don’t remember Macaulay Culkin pursuing a European hitman across Istanbul, or Joe Pesci slipping on a Komodo Dragon.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    I often play along with the Home Alone references fans seem to make. Coming from someone who doesn't like that film one bit, calling it a Home Alone ripoff is a bit ignorant if one's being serious. If anything, Bond preparing those traps were something I likened to how Michael Westen and his team in Burn Notice made their own preparations of handmade bombs and death traps.

As the saying goes, "You should get out more."
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    Of course, Skyfall isn't a Home Alone ripoff.

It's an adaptation.
    Remington wrote: »

Yeah, I know, but they're not even setting traps, they're just arming themselves with weapons.
    RC7 wrote: »

You mean you don’t remember Macaulay Culkin pursuing a European hitman across Istanbul, or Joe Pesci slipping on a Komodo Dragon.

The resemblance is so evident it makes you wonder why EON were not sued for ripping off Home Alone :))
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    There's a perfectly good Skyfall appreciation thread to go and slag it off in.
  • Best Henchman: To the guy whose name sounds similar to the Bond girl from DAD

vs

Elvis

Elvis 1, Hinx 0