bond girl rumor #4 Naomie Harris. News of the world says it's officially her.

Comments

["Well I don't mind her. Like the post I made of Moneypenny returning! Could she be good for that role? I think she will good for that part."]

Moneypenny? Are you kidding? Naomie Harris should be the leading lady. What's all this about Harris being "Moneypenny" or Bond's secretary crap?

["Berry was pathetic, but Jones was a magnificent Bond girl. Not on the sexy side imo, but a tremendous physical threat and henchwoman, so indeed, the comment was suspicious imo."]

Halle Berry was first rate as Jinx Johnson. What's the matter? You have a problem with her uttering the phrase, "Your mama"?
    ["When Fields tripped up Elvis she reacted with a tongue-in-cheek apology. Almost as if she didn't realise exactly how much danger she was putting herself in. And of course she didn't realise, because (as M explained) she was a filing clerk. She wasn't a field agent.

The tragedy of the character was almost Shakesperean, and one of the few lasting memories of this film."]

Strawberry Fields was a waste of time in that film. And Gemma Arterton's time was wasted as well. They could have given her a better role than that.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."

Halle Berry was first rate as Jinx Johnson. What's the matter? You have a problem with her uttering the phrase, "Your mama"?
    Halle Berry is universally hated as Jinx... She was just plain horrible.

I actually don't mind Halle B. but guess I put a bit blame towards Babs B. who had perhaps a big say into making a female equal to 007. Which is rather daft since we all know who the hero is supposed to be...........
    Halle got stuck with some really awefull writing to her part.
    But I expect she laughed all the way the bank.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator

I actually don't mind Halle B. but guess I put a bit blame towards Babs B. who had perhaps a big say into making a female equal to 007. Which is rather daft since we all know who the hero is supposed to be...........
    Halle got stuck with some really awefull writing to her part.
    But I expect she laughed all the way the bank.
    Not helped by the idea of the Jinx spin-off no doubt. I bet they were cooking that one up whilst filming Die Another Day. To this day, I'm overjoyed it didn't happen.
  • DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    Well, isn't News of the World the worst British tabloid, the one having headlines like "TV Talkshow Host: My sex romp with under-Age Thai Girls"? So, they might be a trustworthy source, right? /:-) :-? [-X
    Well, isn't News of the World the worst British tabloid, the one having headlines like "TV Talkshow Host: My sex romp with under-Age Thai Girls"? So, they might be a trustworthy source, right? /:-) :-? [-X
    Just for this one occasion, maybe. ;-)
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    DoctorKaufmann !! :-bd
    ["Halle Berry is universally hated as Jinx... She was just plain horrible. "]

Since I happened to like Halle Berry's performance, then I guess she's not universally hated.

["Halle got stuck with some really awefull writing to her part.
    But I expect she laughed all the way the bank."]

So did the rest of the cast, especially Rosamund Pike, who came off looking like a complete moron in her dealings with both Bond and Jinx.
    Since I happened to like Halle Berry's performance, then I guess she's not universally hated.
    You're in the minority, I'm afraid.
    I'm not saying that she shouldn't play the leading lady, simply that its an interesting idea of her being Moneypenny - not "crap". And as for Jinx, well - what can I say? I think we are all agreed about her role here... though bar one, it seems ;)
  • SharkShark Banned
    edited June 2011 Posts: 348
    I'm with DRush76.

The problem with Jinx was the writing, not the performance. Sure, Halle Berry isn't a great actress, but she had a lot of fun with the part, and played off well with Brosnan.

At the very least, Berry was a step-up from Denise Richards. That ain't much, but it's something.
  • edited June 2011 Posts: 4,619
    Here is video about Naomie Harris confirming that she auditioned for Bond 23:

(You need to scroll down!)
    http://filmonic.com/naomie-harris-on-bond-23-speculation

She also confirmes that Debbie McWilliams is back as casting director. I think it's quiet interesting that she says she has no idea what role do the producers and Mendes want her for ...
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/audio/2011/jun/16/film-weekly-podcast-naomie-harris

Naomie Harris confirms she's involved in a secret project... Ladies and gentlemen News of the world actually may have got it right for once.

I take it like this Harris is in bond 23 what is her part I don't know but unless i see evidence to the contrary I'm taking this audio clip from her as confirmation that she is in bond 23.

what would i like her to do the more I look at her the more i think she could easily be the bond girl. as far as character name and background I would like a fleming name for the bond girl actually. Liz Krest (enough time has passed for only die hards to know about Milton Krest) maybe or perhaps Rhonda Masters.. I'd really like to see the fly caught in the web kind of bond girl perhaps a quantum leaders kept woman or daughter perhaps would be nice to see her go through the character arc of "who do i trust bond or my father?" My 2 cents... now if Fiennes and Bardem can confirm they are in a secret project as well I'd be rather happy.
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/audio/2011/jun/16/film-weekly-podcast-naomie-harris

Naomie Harris confirms she's involved in a secret project....
    Just to help everyone and save you all some time, Harris mentions this bit at 13 minutes into the PodCast.

edited June 2011 Posts: 13,350
    If Harris has not meet Craig yet, that means even if she is a Bond girl, she's yet to screentest with him. That's usually the final confirmation. Though havng met some key players, maybe she either has a good chance at nabbing a role or it could be that that happens to every unsuccessful auditionee - seems rather advanced mind.

As for the secret project, maybe she has got Bond!... "It'll be a nice film but I don't know where they're going to shoot it" is the reply when asked "here (UK) or America?" Good catch @Risico007, this is four days old, how did we miss it? Strange, how Harris is more open on the Podcast. Why would that be?
  • j7wildj7wild Suspended
    edited June 2011 Posts: 823
    Here she says:

http://filmonic.com/naomie-harris-on-bond-23-speculation

“For starters I don’t even know what role I’d be playing because you don’t get given the script when you audition for Bond. You get given a scene from a previous Bond movie.

where did she learn to speak English?

replace Get with Aren't and Are, Woman!

Likely a result of her mum being Jamaican.
  • j7wildj7wild Suspended

is she going to speak like that in the Bond film too?

• where did she learn to speak English?

Yes, it is common for actors to reject the lines that the writers have written, replace them with their own, and the directors/producers/studio heads never say anything about it because they are too scared of the power that these actors have...

• LudsLuds MIA
    With Purvis & Wade writing the script, It's quite possible.
  • j7wildj7wild Suspended
    my point is I am tired of going to see a movie, any movie, and there are dialogue you can't understand.

I don't know if it partly has to do with the Actor/Actresses pronounciation of English or the Audio dubbing.

Furthermore, some of these movies I see in theaters that had dialogue that I couldn't understand, I still couldn't understand it watching it at home with the volume turned up - I had to put the subtitles on.

At the movie theater, you can't rewind, you can't just turn up the volume and you have no subtitles.

If I have to spend part of Bond 23 trying to figure out what Naomie's character is saying, I would be very upset!

I couldn't understand some of the stuff she said in 28 days later and POTC and Miami Vice and Ninja Assassin.

You know how in some movie credits you will see listed so and so actor/actress' speech coach? well, she will need one of them to make sure she is pronouncing and enunciating everything correctly and clearly before filming each scene!!
  • LudsLuds MIA
    edited June 2011 Posts: 1,986
    She'll be fine. Don't worry about it.
    my two cents

i have no abjections to HARRIS

from what i have read and the information given so far is kinda of vague in my opinion at this stage in the game

plus its my first hearing of this... so i'll take a wait and see approach
    Halle Berry wasn't that bad. She made some scenes in that film a thousand times better than they would have otherwise been simply by not appearing in them.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Halle Berry wasn't that bad. She made some scenes in that film a thousand times better than they would have otherwise been simply by not appearing in them.
    I'm curious. Which scenes are you talking about, friend?

• NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator

I am more curious to know how DC knows that she is 'universally hated as Jinx'? Did you google it DC? ;-)
    Did you not read my post? Halle Berry made certain scenes in DIE ANOTHER DAY better than they otherise would have been by not being in them. Like the briefing scene between Bond and M in the abandoned Underground station. It would have been considerably worse with Jinx in that scene.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    edited June 2011 Posts: 7,570
    Did you not read my post? Halle Berry made certain scenes in DIE ANOTHER DAY better than they otherise would have been by not being in them. Like the briefing scene between Bond and M in the abandoned Underground station. It would have been considerably worse with Jinx in that scene.
    I'm sure Dimi simply misread it based on your opening sentance 'Halle Berry wasn't that bad'. I misread it as well and misunderstood your meaning. ;-)
  • j7wildj7wild Suspended
    edited June 2011 Posts: 823
    Halle Berry sucks!

She wasn't cutting it as an actress from 1989 to 2000: getting crappy roles in crappy movies and crappier TV programs until she was cast in X-Men and then she agreed to show her breasts in 2001 Swordfish.

If it weren't for Swordfish and her selling out her body for $2.5 million in that film, she would never have been cast the same year for Monster's Ball where once again, she had to get naked and play a prostitute just to be noticed.

If she never made Swordfish and Monster's Ball, she would still be making the X-Men movies, most likely would never have been cast in DAD and even with DAD and Monster's Ball on her resume, her career today is pretty much still not going anywhere!!

look at her record since DAD and Monster's Ball, outside of the X-Men franchise:

Gothika
    Catwoman
    Perfect Strangers
    Things We Lost in The Fire
    Frankie and Alice

not exactly stellar for someone who won an academy awards for Best Actress!!