Look what I found

edited January 2014 in Merchandise Posts: 317
My mother likes to have her garage sales at my house and she stores all the junk merchandise in my basement. Anyway I was rooting around downstairs and found a little gem. It's a Limited Edition James Bond 'Tomorrow never Dies' VHS collectors set. I wonder if this is worth anything or is it just cool to have.

The little black book is a script
fOZA0jW.jpg

6iVke5s.jpg

Comments

• edited January 2014 Posts: 1,778
    Really cool! But I think there's already a thread for Bond merchandise/rare finds.

http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/871/james-bond-bargains
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    @Coldfinger, whilst I personally find this fascinating, the prevailing present philosophy is that the Brosnan era was inherently lacking. This stuff is worthless. But I will offer to take it off your hands for the shipping fee... ;)
    :))
  • edited January 2014 Posts: 5,745
    That bottom right pic of Brosnan over Dr. Kaufman is.. to die for.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    @Coldfinger

Keep it - especially a VHS collector's edition.. who knows what it might be worth years and years down the line... it's value now might not be worth much, but who knows 20-30 years from now... besides, any bit of Bond nostalgia is cool to have around, Brosnan-era or not.. I mean look at me, I got a big cardboard pic of Brozzers from a local video store going out of business, and i proudly showcase that thing off, regardless of value..

dvdbrozzer_zpsc686850b.jpg
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I'm sure this will get closed, but @haserot, I have to ask: did you get the cardboard cutout of Brosnan in TND from Suncoast? My Dad works at a big mall as an engineer, so he oversees the closing of a lot of places. The Suncoast there shut down about five or six years ago, and he went rooting around when they were closing and they let him take that for me. It's so amazing.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    @Creasy47 If you have a print shop near you, Find that picture of Brosnan, put it on a USB drive, take it to the print shop and have them print it in a large size. :D
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited January 2014 Posts: 13,900
    Nice find, @Coldfinger! Needless to say, as a Bond fan it's your duty to look after this collector's VHS, and see that no harm comes to it ;)

Regarding the cutouts, I have a 5 foot TWINE cutout at my mum's house interstate, which, like @haserot, I got from a video store back in the day. It features Bond with the two girls either side and cross hairs behind them. Unfortunately last time I was visiting a year ago, I couldn't find it. I sincerely hope it didn't get thrown out. :-?
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    Creasy47 wrote:
    I'm sure this will get closed, but @haserot, I have to ask: did you get the cardboard cutout of Brosnan in TND from Suncoast? My Dad works at a big mall as an engineer, so he oversees the closing of a lot of places. The Suncoast there shut down about five or six years ago, and he went rooting around when they were closing and they let him take that for me. It's so amazing.

yes, it was from a Suncoast - I got it as a present from a friend of mine
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    It looks like a great find and wouldn't be surprised if it's at least worth something on eBay. ;-)
  • Ya I think I'll hold on to it. It's kinda cool. :-o