Roger Moore's toughest 'kick-ass' moments

edited January 2014 in Actors Posts: 11,119
Off course, most fans think of Sir Roger Moore portraying the funniest James Bond of the entire bunch of Bond actors. He did it seven times. A long period, perhaps too long?

Anyway, Roger Moore hasn't been only 'fun and games' in his Bond films. On the contrary, there are still some memorable 'Fleming-esque' scenes. Scenes in which Moore was, perhaps against his own will, the more cold blooded killer. The killer we got so acquinted with in the past three Bond films, in which Craig plays Bond.

So I made a list. A list of memorable 'kick-ass' scenes. I ask you kindly to make up your mind and pick your TOP 5 of the down below mentioned scenes. Here we go:

01. 'Live And Let Die':
"Rosie and Bond making love at the river in San Monique. Bond giving Rosie literally two choices: Truth or Death."
02. 'The Man With The Golden Gun':
"Bond entering Andrea's hotelroom in the Peninsula. Then teaching Scaramanga's mistress a lesson. Slapping her."
03. 'The Man With The Golden Gun':
"Rough dinner conversation at Scaramanga's villa. Apparently, 007 makes it clear they are not the same."
04. 'The Spy Who Loved Me':
"Bond explaining agent XXX, Anya, why he had to kill her lover. Anya doesn't like that at all."
05. 'The Spy Who Loved Me':
"And Stromberg enjoys his comfortable seat, when 007 shoots him from under the table in his nuts and face."
06. 'Moonraker':
"The torture scene in the centrifuge. The look on his face after watching straight into the henchman's eyes."
07. 'For Your Eyes Only':
"James Bond first shooting Loque in his shoulder, then kicking him off the cliff while still in his Mercedes."
08. 'For Your Eyes Only':
"Another torture scene. Great 'underwater' acting to see 007 struggling for his...and Melina's life."
09. 'Octopussy':
"Bond and Rishka avenging both the death of an important person. Bond wins with 'throwing knives'."
10. 'Octopussy':
"Agent 007 now really has a tough job. He's actually disarming an atomic bomb. You need to be...cold for that."
11. 'A View To A Kill':
"Zorin discovers Bond and Stacey in the archive room of the city hall. A tense conversation "with admiration" follows."

Comments

08 1/2 or in For Your Eyes Only, it's a pretty kick ass moment when he is scaling the clift, falls a bunch of feet and keeps climbing, then kills the henchman with a climbing pick. One of the most tense movie making bits with that scene.
  • #1 The Spy Who Loved Me / Bond and Karl Stromberg

#2 For Your Eyes Only / Bond and Leopold-Locque

#3 The Man with the Golden Gun / Bond and Scaramanga

#4 The Spy Who Loved Me / Bond and Anya Amasova

#5 Octopussy / Bond and Grischka
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    My top moments for now:

LALD - Rosie makes a life changing decision
    FYEO - Bond gets the drop on Locque
    TMWTGG - Andrea didn't expect the sudden twist
    TSWLM - James 'Yes, I killed your boyfriend' Bond starring in Moodbreaker ;)
    05. 'The Spy Who Loved Me':
    "And Stromberg enjoys his comfortable seat, when 007 shoots him from under the table in his nuts and face."
    Stromberg gets two shots to the balls and one in the heart- not the face. Moore is not THAT badass :))

Could we also include:

-Bond letting Sandor fall to his death after telling him what he wants to know
    -Bond initially declining Columbo's hospitality ("If I don't report in by morning...")
  • pachazopachazo Make Your Choice
    LALD - The fight with Tee Hee on the train.
    TMWTGG - The fight in Saida's dressing room.
    TSWLM - Knocking Sandor off the building.
    MR - Shooting the would be assassin. You missed Mr. Bond. Did I?
    FYEO - Kicking Locque's car off the cliff.
    OP - Confronting Orlov on the train.
    AVTAK - The fight on the Golden Gate Bridge.

I suppose AVTAK is a stretch but I wanted to include every film.
  • I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Moore shooting that soldier directly in the head on the train confrontation scene in Octopussy.
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    Pushing off Loque's car with him inside surely must be the most kick ass Moore scene?
  • Indeed kicking Locque's Mercedes off the cliff is number one. One of the best scenes in the series.

I would go with the confrontation of Orlov in OP, and shooting the Russian guard as mentioned above for number two. "I'n British Secret Service"

Three: Climbing the mountain in Greece

Four: Andrea in the hotel room (that would be a pity because they're very expensive)

Five: Lunch conversation at Scaramanga's
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Pushing off Loque's car with him inside surely must be the most kick ass Moore scene?

Yes, and the Conti score is actually brilliantly tense in that scene.
    Has Bond ever kicked anyone in the ass, though? I can only remember him feeling up some fat sumo ass in TMWTGG. Is that what Craig referred to when replying to Silva in the chair?
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Has Bond ever kicked anyone in the ass, though? I can only remember him feeling up some fat sumo ass in TMWTGG. Is that what Craig referred to when replying to Silva in the chair?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!! :))
    LALD: Bond blinds Adam with the fuel before ramming him into the large ship.

That was a pretty kick ass moment (particularly as Moore did most of his own stunt work).
    Bond storming vodoo land, dealing with the snake man and Baron Samedi is farily bad ass!
  • 07. 'For Your Eyes Only':
    "James Bond first shooting Loque in his shoulder, then kicking him off the cliff while still in his Mercedes."

That's by far the most badass! I love that scene!
  • I like it when Moore sees the snake in his shaving mirror and torches it with his cigar. Then tells Carver "you should never go in there without a mongoose"

Leaping over the 'crocs from the same film release would have to be included (even if it was Ross Kananga)

Got to include the train battle with Tee Hee and after his victory, "Just being disarming darling"

Shooting Scaramanaga in the fun house

Beating the thugs at the Ice Hockey arena

Threatening to maim Lazar with the rifle (talk now or forever hold your piece)

At the Octopussy island when the three saw-blade thugs intrude

Interrogation of Orlov and subsequent shooting of soldier who appears directly after

Picking Jaws up by the teeth with the magnet (how does that grab you)

Knocking Sandor off the roof in The Spy Who Loved Me

Have to include the somersault bridge from Golden Gun (slide whistle NOT inclusive)