"Today MI6 celebrates its 16th birthday since formation." Now 25th?

2»

Comments

/\ That's still a great picture of Brozza though!
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Thanks for providing those links, @M_Balje. Much appreciated.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    I'm reviving this thread. Why? Because in January 2014 it said that our MI6 website was 16 years old. Something tells me the math is off because the website was created in '99, I believe. I think it rather entered its 16th year back then. And if that is indeed the case, then we are now in its 25th year. By the end of the year, this place will have existed for nearly a quarter of a century, folks! It was born between TWINE and DAD...

On a more personal note, this thread also seems to have @SirHenryLeeChaChing's final surviving post before he passed away far too young. That was 9 years ago. I remember him well, and I still mourn him.
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    That’s amazing, I remember joining the old KTBEU back in 2009, so I must be hanging around here for 14 years now.

Love those archived pages, can’t believe there will be an entire actor’s tenure between the site’s inauguration and now. As it happens, the period between TWINE and DAD was also the period when I became a fan when I was just a wee lad.

Going through those old posts I also noticed @SirHenryLeeChaChing ’s messages, but did not realise it were his last posts. I’m sure those who knew him well, will cherish the unexpected re-emergence of them.

25 wow I remember when I was 25
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited January 2023 Posts: 17,805
    I remember reading that the MI6 site first launched in 1998 so this would make 2023 its 25th Anniversary year. A lot of Bond forums (such as AJB007) seemed to start around that time in the early years of the Internet. I can remember reading and enjoying the series of interviews MI6HQ did with John Gardner which were posted on the Main Page back in January 2004 or so. I'm not sure if they're still there (don't think so) but they were very good and were possibly lost in 2011 back when the KTBEU forum suddenly folded. I never joined the forum itself until December 2012 as I don't seem to have been aware of its existence. Therefore, I missed out on the KTBEU years but I'm glad I finally found what is one of the best Bond sites and forums out there.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Dragonpol wrote: »
    I remember reading that the MI6 site first launched in 1998 so this would make 2023 its 25th Anniversary year. A lot of Bond forums (such as AJB007) seemed to start around that time in the early years of the Internet. I can remember reading and enjoying the series of interviews MI6HQ did with John Gardner which were posted on the Main Page back in January 2004 or so. I'm not sure if they're still there (don't think so) but they were very good and were possibly lost in 2011 back when the KTBEU forum suddenly folded. I never joined the forum itself until December 2012 as I don't seem to have been aware of its existence. Therefore, I missed out on the KTBEU years but I'm glad I finally found what is one of the best Bond sites and forums out there.

Hey then this is our 26th year in what may also be the year when the actor for the 26th Bond film is announced! 😉