The Most Hated Bond Endings

12346»

Comments

PK knock it off, we are familiar with your views on the world as based from a US perspective. And that is your perogative.

I only stated that I liked the end of FYEO as a statement against MT, one of the few times that EON actually does make a stand. And they did it in good taste, even if some people dislike it, which is fine.

I found SF's ending bordering on the overly dramatic and did little to endear me to that movie. If this handiwork of Mendes continues in the next movie I just might step away from the franchise for the time being. EON being pretentious does not make me enjoy their movies better.
  • The fact that certain jobs disappeared hardly proves that she took them away. Jobs vanish all the time and new jobs appear under all governments. That is life. But on the whole, the UK's economy improved in Thatcher's time and that criterion, not the fate of certain sectors of the economy, is what matters.

Well these places might not have mattered to you but they mattered to the people that lived there. Just like the 96 people who died at Hillsborough (who were also blamed for the whole thing when it was really the police's fault, there was a cover up aided by Thatcher), might not have mattered to you because hey, on the whole, the economy got better. She was pro Apartheid? Doesn't matter because that's not what matters, on the whole she improved the economy.

And yeah, she had nothing to do with people losing their jobs...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-25549596
    You just won't shut up about it, will you?

And neither will you so we're both as bad as each other in that respect. But you're right, we've dragged this out for too long. I've said my piece so I'll shut up about it now.
    AVTAK is a fairly poor ending, particulary for Rog's swansong.

I agree it's poor, especially compared to the endings of other Moore films such as LALD and TSWLM. I think it's probably Moore's worst ending, which is a shame given that it's his last one.

Right. An alleged cover-up of a soccer accident and the fact that she didn't agree with thelivingroyale on apartheid is enough to persuade me that Britain's second greatest leader of the 20th century was "evil, nasty and snobby."

lol

• MurdockMurdock The minus world
    edited January 2014 Posts: 16,331
    Don't make me use these! Enough already. Talk it over in PM's I'm sick of hearing about this political crap!
    goldeneye_mines_wip_3__by_comandercool22-d6mkgy6.jpg

• chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Murdock wrote:
    Don't make me use these!

They're ARMED!!!!!

He's serious, guys! :O
  • edited January 2014 Posts: 2,483
    SaintMark wrote:
    PK knock it off, we are familiar with your views on the world as based from a US perspective. And that is your perogative.

I only stated that I liked the end of FYEO as a statement against MT, one of the few times that EON actually does make a stand. And they did it in good taste, even if some people dislike it, which is fine.

I found SF's ending bordering on the overly dramatic and did little to endear me to that movie. If this handiwork of Mendes continues in the next movie I just might step away from the franchise for the time being. EON being pretentious does not make me enjoy their movies better.

SaintMark wrote:

Knock it off yourself. We're also quite aware of your dreary Leftist views. So if you and your henchmen don't want to fight over politics then kindly be good enough to leave them out of my thread.

I've seen what @Murdock can do. It's no threat...

atomic-bomb-o.gif

:D
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Yes. :) But again..

FRWL and YOLT are my least favorite Bond Endings. A few edits and they would have been fine.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Okay people, let's keep our political thoughts to ourselves and keep this thread on track.
    At present it keeps getting derailed by one or two who can't let things go.
    Thanks for your co operation guys.
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    chrisisall wrote:
    Leaders basically betray the people, and serve the corporate trust. Okay? Now drop it.

*puts on FYEO*

Enjoy, brilliant release!
  • edited January 2014 Posts: 12,837
    I'm sorry, I know I'm off topic but I can't just let this slide.

An "alleged" cover up of a football accident? Wow. You really do have no******idea. Maybe don't comment on stuff you know nothing about or at least do a bit of research before making comments like that.

The police let too many people into the pens after they opened the exit gates to let fans in (all this in a ground that wasn't fit for purpose anyway). Once they opened up the exit gate they should've closed off the tunnel to pens 3 and 4. They didn't and this caused crushing. They also reacted slowly and it recently came to light that if they'd reacted quicker to the situation, 41 of the 96 who died could've been saved. As it stands, only 14 fans went to hospital.

Reports after the match showed this. Thatcher was made aware that the reports showed that the police were to blame and she didn't want them shown in a bad light. And so the police began a smear campaign, blaming the Liverpool fans, talking about how they were looting dead bodies, attacking and pissing on the "brave cops", beating up policeman giving the kiss of life. It wasn't until 2012 that the courts finally said that the fans weren't to blame. The fact that Thatcher allowed this to happen makes me think that yeah, she was an evil woman.

And in what world is Apartheid not evil?

Oh, and apparently I'm SaintMark's "henchman" because I happen to agree with him on something (despite the fact that I actually disagree with him a lot). But then again I suppose we're all part of the PC mafia that's out to get you aren't we PK?

Content slightly edited by moderator
    Talking of henchmen, I really found the demise of the two henchmen in DAF at the end of the movie a bit too camp, not unlike SC's shirts in the movie.
    "A bit too camp" can be applied to the whole of DAF to be fair.
  • edited January 2014 Posts: 2,483
    I'm sorry, I know I'm off topic but I can't just let this slide.

An "alleged" cover up of a football accident? Wow. You really do have no fucking idea. Maybe don't comment on stuff you know nothing about or at least do a bit of research before making comments like that.

The police let too many people into the pens after they opened the exit gates to let fans in (all this in a ground that wasn't fit for purpose anyway). Once they opened up the exit gate they should've closed off the tunnel to pens 3 and 4. They didn't and this caused crushing. They also reacted slowly and it recently came to light that if they'd reacted quicker to the situation, 41 of the 96 who died could've been saved. As it stands, only 14 fans went to hospital.

Reports after the match showed this. Thatcher was made aware that the reports showed that the police were to blame and she didn't want them shown in a bad light. And so the police began a smear campaign, blaming the Liverpool fans, talking about how they were looting dead bodies, attacking and pissing on the "brave cops", beating up policeman giving the kiss of life. It wasn't until 2012 that the courts finally said that the fans weren't to blame. The fact that Thatcher allowed this to happen makes me think that yeah, she was an evil woman.

And in what world is Apartheid not evil?

Oh, and apparently I'm SaintMark's "henchman" because I happen to agree with him on something (despite the fact that I actually disagree with him a lot). But then again I suppose we're all part of the PC mafia that's out to get you aren't we PK?

Yeah, whatever. If the worst Thatcher did was cover up for the cops...pfft. All pols do far worse on a daily basis. If Thatcher ordered cops to gun down innocent civilians, I might be fussed.

As to apartheid, lets just see how SA goes now that it's been disbanded. Early returns--mass murder and torture of the nation's remaining productive elements, for instance, and all covered up (since you're so big on cover ups) by the Leftist media--are not promising.

PS--Your use of the term "cover up" to describe Thatcher's actions is far too strong. At worst, she expressed some concern at criticizing the police to fiercely. That's not a cover up, it's an opinion.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/margaret-thatcher-role-aftermath-hillsborough-3416839

SaintMark wrote:
    Talking of henchmen, I really found the demise of the two henchmen in DAF at the end of the movie a bit too camp, not unlike SC's shirts in the movie.

DAF may not be the worst Bond movie (DAD is), but it may be the most frustrating. Way too much comedy in it that destroys the tension and suspense.
  • The police lied about what happened to the press, blaming the liverpool fans, telling the press stuff like this

Hillsborough%2BThe%2BSun.png

when in reality it was their own incompetence that caused the deaths and the fans were innocent, none of the stuff mentioned on the front page above was true. That is a cover up. Thatcher knew that the police were to blame but she didn't want people criticising them.

And no it's not all Thatcher has done, I also mentioned how she destroyed communities, etc, but you dismissed all that because overall, the economy got better.
    If Thatcher ordered cops to gun down innocent civilians, I might be fussed.

Actually, she did come very close to mobilising the army during the miners strike. And the cops severely beat up unarmed miners during the miners strike.

http://collections.beamish.org.uk/pages/1984minersstrike
    Ludovico wrote:
    SaintMark wrote:

DAF may not be the worst Bond movie (DAD is), but it may be the most frustrating. Way too much comedy in it that destroys the tension and suspense.

True as the fight in the elevator in Amsterdam is so brilliant and yet they choose to end with the fact that 007 pretends that he killed James Bond. Greatness next to total idiocy.

• edited January 2014 Posts: 12,837
    Something I never understood, if James Bond is so famous that Tiffany knew who he was, then surely she'd know what he looked like too? You could argue that MI6 would need to keep his appearance secret but then why wouldn't they keep his entire existence a secret? Makes no sense to me.
    Something I never understood, if James Bond is so famous that Tiffany knew who he was, then surely she'd know what he looked like too?
    Even as an 11 year old that struck me as odd.
    SaintMark wrote:
    Ludovico wrote:
    SaintMark wrote:

True as the fight in the elevator in Amsterdam is so brilliant and yet they choose to end with the fact that 007 pretends that he killed James Bond. Greatness next to total idiocy.

It was a good idea but badly executed. Had she said something like: "This man is named James Bond" looking at his papers, then yes, that would have been interesting. DAF is the prototype of Austin Powers.
    To ME, DAF is everything Flint should have been, and more. ;)
  • Something I never understood, if James Bond is so famous that Tiffany knew who he was, then surely she'd know what he looked like too? You could argue that MI6 would need to keep his appearance secret but then why wouldn't they keep his entire existence a secret? Makes no sense to me.

This always bothered me too. Even later in the movie when Bond is impersonating Blofeld's associate he says, "I don't like dealing with a guy as tough as Bond" or something to that effect. Now I forget exactly what this character did but is Bond really that well known to everyone in the criminal underworld? I think that makes him a pretty lousy spy. He should be a ghost that barely exists on the grid.
    That was the movie where Bond deserved Austin Powers. Oh Fleming, wherefore art thou? :))
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Temporary shut down on thread. Thank you @SaintMark, @chrisisall and others for trying to keep on track, but we need to calm down the political debate, this is not the place for it.
    We will resume the thread in due course.
This discussion has been closed.