*DISCLAIMER* this is in no way shape or form meant to make fun of actual violence. Domestic violence is not a joke.
Anyhoo, I just watched FYEO and was inspired by that glorious scene at the monastery (you all know what I'm talking about) to try to find a ranking of all the best slap-happy moments in Bond's 50+ year history. It's not something people often think about, but pretty much every movie in the series features a few slaps, which range from uncomfortable (Andrea in TMWTGG) to creepy (Le Chiffre in CR) to badass (Sandor in TSWLM), and it's always fun to rank the different aspects of Bond movies. When I couldn't find one, I decided to make my own.
So, without further ado, here are my personal top 10 slaps of the 23 Bond movies:
Dishonorable mention: Bond beats Andrea Anders around in the hotel room (TMWTGG). For that matter, basically every time Connery/Moore beats a woman around for information
Honorable Mention: Solitaire hits Bond with her purse on the San Monique airport runway (LALD) (basically equivalent of a slap)
10. Paris Carver has a slappy reunion with Bond at the party in Hamburg (TND)
9. Elektra gives Bond the classic "How dare you!!!" after he accuses her of working with Renard (TWINE)
8. Bond casually slaps Sandor off the building to his death (TSWLM)
7. Le Chiffre tauntingly hits Bond's face back and forth before he gives Bond's Plenty O'Toole the business end of a rope (CR)
6. Kriegler gives Bibi a backhand during the fight in the monastery (FYEO)
5. Red Grant coolly backhands Bond on the Orient Express (FRWL)
4. Natalya sets Alec straight after he tries to rape her (GE)
3. "Dink, say goodbye to Felix" (GF)
2. M introduces Elektra to the ring hand after discovering her true colors (TWINE)
1. Kristatos gives Bibi a smack when she tells him to go to hell (FYEO). Not only the best slap in Bond history but arguably the best scene overall in Bond history. I challenge you to repeat this scene less than 8 times when you watch FYEO.
I'm not sure how this will go over, so feel free to call me out if this is totally offensive.
If it's not, feel free to share your favorite Bond slaps of the past 50 years!
actually, i take back my disclaimer, because if this offends you, get a life