Best Slaps of Bondom

edited January 2014 in Bond Movies Posts: 316
*DISCLAIMER* this is in no way shape or form meant to make fun of actual violence. Domestic violence is not a joke.

Anyhoo, I just watched FYEO and was inspired by that glorious scene at the monastery (you all know what I'm talking about) to try to find a ranking of all the best slap-happy moments in Bond's 50+ year history. It's not something people often think about, but pretty much every movie in the series features a few slaps, which range from uncomfortable (Andrea in TMWTGG) to creepy (Le Chiffre in CR) to badass (Sandor in TSWLM), and it's always fun to rank the different aspects of Bond movies. When I couldn't find one, I decided to make my own.

So, without further ado, here are my personal top 10 slaps of the 23 Bond movies:
Dishonorable mention: Bond beats Andrea Anders around in the hotel room (TMWTGG). For that matter, basically every time Connery/Moore beats a woman around for information
Honorable Mention: Solitaire hits Bond with her purse on the San Monique airport runway (LALD) (basically equivalent of a slap)
10. Paris Carver has a slappy reunion with Bond at the party in Hamburg (TND)
9. Elektra gives Bond the classic "How dare you!!!" after he accuses her of working with Renard (TWINE)
8. Bond casually slaps Sandor off the building to his death (TSWLM)
7. Le Chiffre tauntingly hits Bond's face back and forth before he gives Bond's Plenty O'Toole the business end of a rope (CR)
6. Kriegler gives Bibi a backhand during the fight in the monastery (FYEO)
5. Red Grant coolly backhands Bond on the Orient Express (FRWL)
4. Natalya sets Alec straight after he tries to rape her (GE)
3. "Dink, say goodbye to Felix" (GF)
2. M introduces Elektra to the ring hand after discovering her true colors (TWINE)
1. Kristatos gives Bibi a smack when she tells him to go to hell (FYEO). Not only the best slap in Bond history but arguably the best scene overall in Bond history. I challenge you to repeat this scene less than 8 times when you watch FYEO.

I'm not sure how this will go over, so feel free to call me out if this is totally offensive.
If it's not, feel free to share your favorite Bond slaps of the past 50 years!

actually, i take back my disclaimer, because if this offends you, get a life

Comments

• edited January 2014 Posts: 1,778
    How did Lazenby slapping the soon to Mrs. Bond not make the cut? It sounded less like a slap and more like a small explosion.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    edited January 2014 Posts: 17,690
    1. Kristatos gives Bibi a smack when she tells him to go to hell (FYEO). Not only the best slap in Bond history but arguably the best scene overall in Bond history. I challenge you to repeat this scene less than 8 times when you watch FYEO.
    I was with you here in the dopey fun of it all until the 8 times thing. Dude, you need therapy... :))

JK

• 1. Kristatos gives Bibi a smack when she tells him to go to hell (FYEO).

You nailed it

3879-animated_gif-chuck_norris-dodgeball-thumbs_up.gif

• QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited January 2014 Posts: 13,924
    8. Bond casually slaps Sandor off the building to his death (TSWLM)
    Yeah, but he doesn't actually slap Sandor, he just rips the tie out of Sandor's hands with an upward stroke to the tie.
    3. "Dink, say goodbye to Felix" (GF)
    This one is good, because even though some question the moment, it's not an act of violence. Nothing beats a handful of Margaret Nolan.

Another one to add to the list: In TB, Bond backhands the bejesus out of Largo aboard the Disco Volante near the climax.

Near the beginning of the fight, Bond throws the henchmen down the stairs. Largo goes to get up out of his seat, and Bond nearly backhands his head right off. A few moments later, you can actually see Largo sitting back in his seat and shaking his head like 'WTF just happened?' :))
  • chrisisall wrote:
    I was with you here in the dopey fun of it all until the 8 times thing. Dude, you need therapy... :))

JK

come on, you know you've done it too
    QBranch wrote:
    Another one to add to the list: In TB, Bond backhands the bejesus out of Largo aboard the Disco Volante near the climax.

Near the beginning of the fight, Bond throws the henchmen down the stairs. Largo goes to get up out of his seat, and Bond nearly backhands his head right off. A few moments later, you can actually see Largo sitting back in his seat and shaking his head like 'WTF just happened?' :))

Forgot that one! That fight in general is just hilarious yet exciting at the same time (despite the editing)