Members we miss

DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
edited November 2013 in General Discussion Posts: 23,544
Some of us have been here for a long time, long enough to not only build a whole circle of close friends, but long enough also to notice some members not returning after a while. Voluntarily or not, sometimes we simply don't quite know.

But many of them are forever in our hearts. This thread allows us to pay tribute to those who are no longer active on this forum, yet whom we feel deserve the right amount of praise for us.

Comments

• Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited November 2013 Posts: 13,350
    @Kerim would be one of the more recent members I'd love to see the return of.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited November 2013 Posts: 12,459
    Kerim is #1! I am really glad you started this thread, DarthDimi. Thanks very much.
    Let's get together and do a special salute to people we miss. I say please let's start with Kerim!
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    @Kerim gets my vote too. :-)
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    @Kerim, absolutely! I miss him...
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    @Kerim also gets my vote. I loved his sense of humor.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @Kerim, absolutely. His humor is greatly missed.
  • Ta-Yu. The first poster on MI6 I ever got into a spat with.

=P~
  • DiscoVolanteDiscoVolante Stockholm, Sweden
    If we're speaking real old-timers of KTBEU, I miss Thor (Thor_014) and Keith (Agent_007), among others.
    It can be any old timers, I think.
    I was on the old KTBEU and I'm ashamed to say I cannot remember any of the member names. I do recall one guy who constantly argued with anyone who disagreed with him. His favourite film was Moonraker and he would try to give you "facts" as to why it was the best and why you were just wrong. It was never opinion as far as he was concerned. He could provide evidence to prove he was right!
    i vote Pierceuhhh haha ;)
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    @Signed_By_RogerMoore. I don't know what happened that made him want to leave.
  • edited November 2013 Posts: 2,483
    Mysterio. He had a great username and avatar. And there was a poster called Boba_Fett I rather liked.
  • JamesPageJamesPage Administrator, Moderator, Director
    Ta-Yu. The first poster on MI6 I ever got into a spat with.

Wow. Now THAT brings back memories.
  • I'd like to say @Shadowonthesun. Not being controversial, he was merely a very comprehensive and articulate participant and the pages were poorer with his eventual exclusion. He may not of been everyone's favorite name on the pages, but some at least, saw his worth

@Virage also, is another name that no longer participates and was a fine member. @Crabofdoom is another name that I wish would come back, although @Kerim remains a mystery with his hitherto circumstances. I do hope he's doing alright for himself. There's doubtless other names that deserve recognition in their absence, and I apologize for their omission, wherever they be

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    @Kerim and the member who really loved B-) Ralph Fiennes B-)
  • @Kerim most of all. And that crazy Scashy too. If there ever was a "funniest troll" award, he'd get my vote hands down.

I really can't think of anyone else at the moment, as some of the people I like on other Bond forums come here as well.
    I miss @Wizard whenever I'm online and he isn't :(

:)
  • BAIN123 wrote:
    I miss @Wizard whenever I'm online and he isn't :(

:)

Someone has a bit of a man crush :P
  • Murdock wrote:
    @Signed_By_RogerMoore. I don't know what happened that made him want to leave.

Yeah I liked him.
    I miss TouchMyButtons @Kerim too. He was/is a great lad with a respectable input. What worries me most is that we can't get in touch with him...

I would like to remind us of these threads too:
    http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/5252/mi6-lost-and-found/p1
  • edited November 2013 Posts: 2,483
    JamesPage wrote:
    Ta-Yu. The first poster on MI6 I ever got into a spat with.

Wow. Now THAT brings back memories.

Let's be thankful we can even remember that far back! And now that I mention it, today is my 9th anniversary on KTBEU/MI6. I joined right around noon on November 27, 2004, then went out to lunch with the Khantessa, my mom and dad.

PS--Another great member, indeed a goldmember, from olden tymes: M007RE.

I haven't seen @JobeGDG here in a while. He was quite knowledgeable and had some very good fan art here:

<url>http://mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/comment/3001</url>;
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    Since it's almost December I wonder where @St_George is?
    And now that I mention it, today is my 9th anniversary on KTBEU/MI6. I joined right around noon on November 27, 2004, then went out to lunch with the Khantessa, my mom and dad.

Congrats, @Perilagu_Khan. I noticed you immediately when I joined up a few months later. You always struck me as an effervescent member! :-)
    edited November 2013 Posts: 12,459
    I just want to mention some things that Kerim wrote that made me laugh out loud. When he was here, he was so amusing, witty, and charming. I miss him a lot. There are plenty of Kerim quotes to choose from, but here are two for today.

From Kerim back in January 2012 on "dirtiest moments in Bond films" thread; he wrote:

Kerim's Ten Dirtiest Moments: It's my definition of dirty.
    10. Timmy reaches up Pam's skirt to grab her weapon and is disappointed to find a tiny gun.
    9. Roger teaches us a valuable life lesson in not going off half cocked with a virgin.
    8. Danny's little finger has a mind of its own.
    7. Dink gets red in the cheeks for hearing all that guy talk.
    6. Roger gets cheeky with a sumo wrestler.
    5. Ruby Bartlett shows Bond how to draw numbers.
    4. Chew Me, well Chew You too!
    3. Dear Ms. O'Toole, If you're going to swim with the fishes, wear dark clothing.
    2. Complementing Bond as being another name for a clever language speaker wasn't very funny Samantha.
    And the #1 Kerim's Dirtiest Moment is.....
    1. Q explaining to M that Bond and Dr. Holly are making a second attempt to penetrate through the earth's atmosphere.
    And who could forget, Kerim's choice of picture for the March 2012 BlofeldCatCapCon? This is, I think, one of my very favorite pictures we have used, the responses were so ... crappy eloquent. white-cat-2-wallpapers.jpg
  • Sisillius. Hope something bad didn't happen to him. :(
  • DarthDimi wrote:
    And now that I mention it, today is my 9th anniversary on KTBEU/MI6. I joined right around noon on November 27, 2004, then went out to lunch with the Khantessa, my mom and dad.

Congrats, @Perilagu_Khan. I noticed you immediately when I joined up a few months later. You always struck me as an effervescent member! :-)

Effervescent? Well, that's one way of putting it!

;;)
  • Sisillius. Hope something bad didn't happen to him. :(

Yes, Sillers was one of the greats. Haven't heard from him in yonks.