Yale Professor Skyfall Theory

124»

Comments

• Regardless, I think M does have a maternal relationship with Bond, but it doesn't cross over into the "substitute son" territory and all that. (...)
    Well, compare her reaction when James is killed, and when she meets the other James, Tiago. In which case does she seem more touched ? :)
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Regardless, I think M does have a maternal relationship with Bond, but it doesn't cross over into the "substitute son" territory and all that. (...)
    Well, compare her reaction when James is killed, and when she meets the other James, Tiago. In which case does she seem more touched ? :)

With Bond, in my opinion. When she sees Silva again she looks like she'd sooner have him killed right then and there if given the choice. I still don't know what you are trying to argue with these lines of questioning, but I'll play along all the same. ;)
    Interesting, first time I noticed Tiago and James are indeed the same name.
  • With Bond, in my opinion. When she sees Silva again she looks like she'd sooner have him killed right then and there if given the choice.
    Frankly, when I rewatched the scene to find some clues for the YPST (Yale Professor Skyfall Theory), I found M looked more responsive when Silva told her about the torture, that when she lost Ronson and Bond. But well here I guess it's in the eye of the beholder.

But so far, the best defence I can give for the original YPST are IMO : - Silva's using an anagram indeed in the movie (the name of his Youtube channel), so the anagram YPST clue is not as 100% silly as it seems, - and all the play Logan does with identities throughout the whole movie (I listed them above). It's even a bit too much when you think about it, even the MacGuffin deals with identities !

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    What was Silva's YouTube username?
  • Com'on it's in the trailer :)
    His username is "vials"
    Com'on it's in the trailer :)
    His username is "vials"

And that's supposed to be an anagram for what, exactly?
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    His username is "vials"

'Silva'

Unless you were being sarcastic and meant something else. But yes, 'vials' = 'silva.'
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    His username is "vials"

I'd probably pass on filling in that application to go on Countdown if I were you Brady.
    It's been a long day, gents. Take it easy on me. (:|