It's 2028 - Your Recollections of the Last Fifteen Years of Bond

edited October 2013 in Trivia & Games Posts: 6,396
Just for fun, let's flash forward 15 years. What style of Bond film will we be watching, tough like Connery or more comedic like Moore? Who will be the 8th James Bond? Whatever happened to the 7th? Who will be in charge at EON? Will you be congratulating Sir Roger on his 101st birthday?

You can be as serious, inventive or as tongue in cheek as you like.

Comments

The critics were lining up to shoot him down but he proved every one of them wrong. Yes, Brooklyn Beckham IS James Bond. And having signed a new 14 film deal, we can be blessed with the knowledge that BB will be JB until he's 60. And of course having such a gifted mother as singer/songwriter really helps. Who among you can forget that glorious theme she belted out. Shirley Who? Adele Who? Yes, the woman formally known as Victoria Beckham (what a messy divorce that was!!) is the best vocalist ever to sing the title track for a Bond.
  • I'll indulge in a bit of pessimism and say that Bond 24 will have gone a bit too far with the introspection; they'll overcompensate in Bond 25 in their attempt to give Craig an over-the-top movie, and things will look bad.

My guesses for Bond #7 are either Henry Cavill (in case they feel like they need to get an established star, considering the laundry list of stars they got for Skyfall) or Oliver Jackson-Cohen (in case they keep the traditional model of a way lesser known actor. They'll take a more traditional and lighter route than Craig did, but still keep some of his 21st century darker take.

If I wanted to get really pessimistic, I'd say that he'd go belly up too, and the Bond series would once more be in dire straits, although he comes roaring back, as he always does.

Bond #8, if we are on him already, will be Matthew Lewis. He'd be the right age; he looks the part; he's not too big of a star; and he's got a built-in interest from old Harry Potter fanatics. Even if Bond #7 goes badly, he'll do fine.

MGW will have retired, and Barbara will be winding down her time there, and they'll be getting ready to hand the series on to MGW's kids.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited October 2013 Posts: 13,350
    This reminds me of the 'Create your own rumour' thread on the old forum. My favourie was:

"Roger Moore cast as Bond girl!" :))
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Here's mine:

From The New York Times May 23, 2028

".....Looking back on all the actors that played the famous thrill seeking secret agent one finds that the role was mostly played with style & panache (with of course the notable exceptions of Sean "slap her" Connery & Timothy "Hamlet" Dalton), though none before have ever reached the pinnacle of Bondian and thespian success that Justin Bieber has in only two movies as the notable superspy!
    "I knew I could do it." said Beiber at today's opening of his latest 007 adventure, "Kill Another Week."
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited October 2013 Posts: 12,459
    That last comment nearly killed me. ;) (Bieber = 'shudder!')

Here's mine for first try (I admit, I am expecting some flak from this):

Going back into cinema Bond history, we see how one thing led to another. Just as kids long to be different from their parents and production companies keep trying to "give the people what they want," it seems inevitable now that James Bond kept morphing into different styles and personas.

It all began with the panther stride and heady charisma of Sean Connery ... which then lightened up and blended into the smooth, charming and lightweight humor of Roger Moore *... which then found Bond doing a complete about face with the realistic, emotive, and finally revenge-fuelled Timothy Dalton (which left some people gasping in awe and some just depressed) ... which led to a grand time to be had by all in that handsome Irish charmer, Pierce Brosnan; but his last film was such a galling affair in spite of him that it led to a drastic change all around ... and so along came Daniel Craig - convincing us Bond looks just like this and busting heads, beating the crap out of bad guys single-handedly, running like a genuine athlete, realistically grounded but still with a twinkle in those serious blue eyes ... following Craig's final outing, which left Bond retiring from the service at last and skiing into the sunset with his new love, played by Jennifer Lawrence ... next it was a brave new world indeed as EON went with Liam Neeson playing an older James Bond - still kick ass and savvy, Liam infused his Bond in three films with tightly played seriousness nicely balanced with a dry wit and disarming smile for the ladies (and being the second Irishman to play Bond, Liam made sure that it was Guinness, not Heineken for the major product placement) ..., and now we come to another major change in that spy we all love, JamesBond:

Just announced today, Octbober 27, 2028, EON has turned the tables again - the new James Bond is the one and only Sam Afleck! Yes, the handsome 17 year old is the son of Ben "Batman" Afleck and the always lovely Jennifer Garner. EON announced that it was "rebooting everything" and starting with the Young Bond series, in order let Bond grow and "mature naturally, including showing his military service to his country before he became a 00." Sam has a 7 picture deal to start with. "It was not a tough choice," he explained. "Give up trying to ace my SATs to be James Bond? Who wouldn't?" he asked with a disarming smile and an ever-so-slightly cocked eyebrow. (Hmm... He might do just fine.) ;) We hear that he knocked 'em dead in his high school production of The Iceman Cometh, so we have high hopes for Sam's Bond. His proud mom reported that Sam's first reaction, as he got off the phone with EON, was to his parents, "How do you like them apples?! I'm the new James Bond!" Jennifer didn't get it right away, but Ben laughed his **s off. "That's my boy!" said Ben.

*By the way, that clawing sound is George Lazenby trying to tear his way into this thread. He just noticed that our list went from Connery straight to Moore. Sorry, George, but your turn as Bond was just a tiny speed bump in the road of Bond films. Luckily, it didn't derail the entire series. We know, we know: it never happened to the other fella. Sorry, chum.
    Very nice @4EverBonded. Thank you.

So to recap, we've had Brooklyn Beckham, Justin Bieber and Sam Affleck as 007. I hope to God EON aren't monitoring this thread! ;-)
    edited October 2013 Posts: 12,459
    Or if they are, let's pray they can recognize satire and sarcasm when they read it!
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Samuel001 wrote:
    This reminds me of the 'Create your own rumour' thread on the old forum. My favourie was:

"Roger Moore cast as Bond girl!" :))

Reminiscent of the magazine cover story title I saw with a friend in a villlage shop in 1994: "Sad George. Nobody loves him because he's a woman."
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited October 2013 Posts: 13,926
    James Bond to get serious again

Published on 25 October, 2028 at 1:43PM

Bond fans and Ian Fleming enthusiasts everywhere will be relieved after Eon announced they would be scaling back the over-the-top action and humour that has filled the last couple of films in the long-running James Bond series. The announcement came on Monday, when producers Michael G. Wilson and Barbara Broccoli attended the press conference for the twenty-ninth film, The Property of a Lady.

Commenting on the announcement, Wilson and Broccoli said, "Following the lukewarm response to the last two films, we're really excited to bring Bond back down to earth where he belongs."

It's no secret the latest actor to fill 007's shoes, Sean Brosnan, is eager to give a more serious portrayal of the English super-spy.

When asked about the opportunity, the 45 year-old said, "Oh yes, I'm definitely looking forward to it. No more invisible hovercars or holographic tsunamis. No more laser battles on Mars," he laughed. "Dad has given me his full blessings."

Bond 29 is set to open in U.K. theaters on October 23rd, 2029, followed a couple of weeks later by the film's premiere in U.S. theaters on November 6th, 2029. Filming on the big-budget project will get underway next week.

Source: The Daily Ramble

Your Comments
    RE: James Bond to get serious again
    Meh. Those 'serious' Bond films are dull and boring. Give me DAD any day.

<font size=1>Posted by badta5te at 23:04 on October 26</font> <font color=red size=1>Report This Post</font>
    About time they respected Flemmming and his creation. For the next film, I think they should reveal '007' is a code name. That would be a clever and interesting idea IMHO.

<font size=1>Posted by blas4me at 22:57 on October 26</font> <font color=red size=1>Report This Post</font>
    I wonder if eons decision to scale back the OTT nonsense was a response to the backlash they received for having Bond fight a giant squid in the last film? XD

<font size=1>Posted by knotakloo at 1:25 on October 25</font> <font color=red size=1>Report This Post</font>
  • edited October 2013 Posts: 6,396
    The 'comments' section is just genius @QBranch :))

Although I think you missed a trick with the "usernames". You should have included Touchmybuttons and Kristatos! ;-)
    It's tempting, but any publicity is good publicity, so stuff 'em. ;) I just went for usernames that reflected their comments.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    "Where the hell did my hair go?"
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    I shall have to sell the Aston I can't get in it anymore !.
    Mrcoggins wrote:

Having had the gene therapy I feel like a completely new man....

Shame the adaptive camoflague is on the blink again though!
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    Mrcoggins wrote:

Hey Willy nice breasts where did you get them!.
    Mrcoggins wrote:
    Mrcoggins wrote:

Hey Willy nice breasts where did you get them!.

I'll have you know those are Moobs and I've had them all my life ;-)
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited October 2013 Posts: 4,441
    8 March 2021. Fifty Shades of Grey star Jamie Dornan the 7th 007 ?

It been 4 years a go since Daniel Craig his fift and last James Bond movie The Hildebrand Rarity be released and since then it be long time secret who going to be 7th James Bond actor in the next year 60 anniversary franchise.

But now there is big news for the possible mabey not muh fans who are left after hell of James Bond ride. Barbara Broccoli stil be producer at Eon production anouched today that the new James Bond actor wil be anouched in the next 2-3 months. She and John Logan there lips are tide. There laugh a litle bit when we ask about Clive Owen, Daniel Radcliffe, Jamie Dornan and unknown 4th casting. But we think it going to be 40 years old English actor Jamie Dornan and the anouchment possible wil be on 1 May, his 39 birthday.

The 26th James Bond who don't have title yet wil be released December next and the new star wil shine behind the at this moment only confirmd actor Ben Wishaw.

This is how out we wrote 7 years a go when Jamie Dornan be remourd and today 26 December 2028 after almoost 20 years Eon anouched today new 20 anniversary 5 disc Bluray Limited 3D release of Quantum Of Solace on the day on the unexpted 4th Bond and last Bond movie from Jamie Dornan. This 5 disc limited edition wil also include digibook with 96 pages booklet about the difrence between TC and DC release and wil keep those 2 disc on the front page and bonus soundtrack with tracklist, bonus disc and dvd on the last 2 pages..

• Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    M_Balje wrote:
    Fifty Shades of Grey star Jamie Dornan the 7th 007 ?

Apparently, in 2021, I'm going to hang myself.
    IMO I think there series will end within 15 years. I dont see it going after Craig is done
    fjdinardo wrote:
    IMO I think there series will end within 15 years. I dont see it going after Craig is done
    These growing signs of impertinence begin to disturb me, Solitaire. [-(
    And we have people everywhere.
    Me thinks this series will live on.
    When audiences stop going to see Bond at the cinema, then the franchise will cease. Given the success of SF, I would suggest that we're a long way off from that happening.
    And we have people everywhere.

You know that's just hyperbole.