Last Bond Movie You Watched

Comments

SJK91 wrote: »
    Die Another Day

This is one difficult film to like.

It's a bad film...but I think it's possible to have fun laughing at it. Brosnan himself did after all.
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    BAIN123 wrote: »
    Die Another Day

It's a bad film...but I think it's possible to have fun laughing at it. Brosnan himself did after all.

I know it's huge problems, and most of the movie are also pretty bad. But there are some parts that I can watch just for the giggles you know. Sure, the PTS and the last 40 minutes are incredibly bad but I can still enjoy the bit in Cuba and London. So because of those parts I do actually hold it higher than both TND and TWINE.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    edited July 2014 Posts: 17,691
    BAIN123 wrote: »
    I think it's possible to have fun laughing at it.

3 or 4 Martinis make it a MUCH better film. :)>-
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    DAD will always have cringeworthy moments, but I have no problem sitting down and watching it for the scenes I love: the PTS, Cuba, the sword-fighting scene, the Bond vs. Zao ice chase, etc.
    I like the cat fight. =D>
    chrisisall wrote: »

I find it marred by shoddy editing and horrible dialogue.
    Die Another Day

This the greatest review on the site.
    Creasy47 wrote: »

I find it marred by shoddy editing and horrible dialogue.

But Miranda looks so good....
    Oh, absolutely. That's indisputable! Same with Jinx, though: no matter how poorly-structured, terribly written, and horribly displayed her character is, she looks stunning in that bikini.
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    It's atleast better directed than TWINE..

Note: Tamahori isn't a better director per se, his directing is just more inventive and stylish than Apteds poorly executed and unevenly paced work.
    Miranda is so hot she makes up for Jinx's atrocities.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Pikelets are best when hot.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Just watched FYEO again. I love the flick, but once again I cannot stress how strongly I HATE this soundtrack. Aside from the cool Bond theme during the Neptune descent, it makes the GE soundtrack seem absolutely stellar!!! I instantly felt like putting on LALD.
    Or OP or TMWTGG.

Yes! the Bill Conti score makes the film almost unwatchable; fortunately the other elements are so strong.

The Bill Conti score is one of the best non-Barry scores in the series.
    edited July 2014 Posts: 17,691
    Ha ha, everyone's a comedian!

Just finished DAD, and I have to say it was Brosnan's MR. Lots of fun, but NOT a proper Bond flick. Was the director smoking too much weed?
    Sadly, this might be my last viewing of it. Brosnan & Pike are the only highlights IMO.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited July 2014 Posts: 28,694
    Ha ha, everyone's a comedian!

Just finished DAD, and I have to say it was Brosnan's MR. Lots of fun, but NOT a proper Bond flick. Was the director smoking too much weed?
    Sadly, this might be my last viewing of it. Brosnan & Pike are the only highlights IMO.

So this is an exception to the "so bad it's good" rule?
    So this is an exception to the "so bad it's good" rule?
    I guess so.
  • Pajan005Pajan005 Stockholm, Sweden
    Watched The World is Not Enough last week. Sad to see Desmond go, but at least he did it in style. Best line in the film has to go to Q's final words.
  • edited July 2014 Posts: 2,491
    Goldfinger.

I watched DN and FRWL before this to complete a mini-bondathon.

GF is Bond classic. For me this is what Bond is all about. From begining to end top notch Bond movie.

DN is good movie for first in the franchise altough it might have the weakest ending part in the entire franchise.

FRWL is overrated. Too slow for me. The first quarter/even half of the movie is good but the main things I wanted are not there. (don't ask me what are those things because if I saw them I would have known. Now I just feel that FRWL lacks something)

GF: I still can't believe that we are not worshiping GF around here. Sure GF has flaws but Bond movies should have little (!) flaws that make them perfect. Great villain,henchman, spy elements, action, hand to hand combat, believable (sorta...) plot, hot bond girl, one-liners, humour, badassness,thriling moments, iconic elements....what else can you ask from a Bond movie ? For me the perfect (Bond) movies are the ones where the hero is not all perfect. And in this one Bond is held as hostage (sorta) so he looks like he is put in the corner but that is also sorta part of his plan so he still is our hero we know and love.

The ending might have been better (which is one of the complaints I've heard about the movie) but I like it the way it is. The Bond-Oddjob fight is epic, and altough the "Let's pretend we are asleep" plan is not the most climatic thing in the series it gets the job done.

Oh and I almost forgot: an ASTON MARTIN DB5 with slight modifications .It can't get more Bondian than that.

This is bon(d)afide Bond movie.

P.S. Excuse me for my overly fanboyish review of this movie.

edit: I almost forgot about the golf scene.I love when movies can make the dullest moments exciting.
    Just for comparation I love the excitement and thrill in the Black Swan. Like when you've seen an exciting sex scene that keeps you on the end of your seat ? Black Swan did it. When you've seen an exciting golf scene that keeps you on the end of your seat ? Goldfinger does it.
    I was being serious about Conti's score.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    I like the way the theme song is woven in at times during FYEO. I just dislike the disco parts.

:-O
  • pachazopachazo Make Your Choice
    "dragonsky wrote:
    GF: I still can't believe that we are not worshiping GF around here.
    I think that is part of the disconnect. This idea that we must worship Goldfinger has caused some Bond fans to rebel against the general consensus. Some of us will always have a rebellious nature and not want to conform with the popular opinion. I think it's underrated around these parts but not the Be All End All Bond Film.
    pachazo wrote: »
    I think it's underrated around these parts but not the Be All End All Bond Film.
    Agreed. I saw it recently, and I thoroughly enjoyed it.
    Still, I like DN & TB much better.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited July 2014 Posts: 13,954
    I love it too- including Rage :)>-
  • pachazopachazo Make Your Choice
    Agreed. I saw it recently, and I thoroughly enjoyed it.
    Still, I like DN & TB much better.
    Dr. No is exquisite.
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    Love, love, love Conti's score. On par with some of Barry's efforts.
    Love, love, love Conti's score. On par with some of Barry's efforts.
    Must contact the Mods, the glitches here are clearly causing the posts like this one to make no sense...

:)) JK, man! hee hee
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Next up in the Benny's Blu-Ray Bondathon , we come to From Russia With Love.
    This has always been a firm favourite of mine. Though it can feel slow in parts, it is never boring. Terence Young takes an increased budget that he had on Dr.No and pulls out all the stops for this, the second film in the series. The sets are bigger, the locations more exotic and expansive. Connery is at his best in the film. Even more confident than before, but adding a little more humour to the role. The chemistry between all the cast is possibly the best of the series. I can honestly think of no weak link.
    So many great sequences in this film. The meeting aboard Blofelds yacht with Kronsteen, where the plan is revealed. Bond and Tatiana meet for the first time in his hotel, the gypsy camp, Bond getting the technical information regarding the Lektor, and M listening to the tape, rather embarrassingly later, the attack by helicopter while Bond is on foot and of course the epic trip aboard the Orient Express.
    DN was a great debut, but everything is FRWL feels bigger. Terence Young was certainly the right man to begin the Bond series, and with these first two films you can see that.
    From Russia With Love is a film I find hard to fault, and will no doubt remain near the top of my ranking for the foreseeable future.

Benny's Blu-Ray ranking:

1. From Russia With Love
    2, Doctor No.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    I'm on something of a role here peeps. Three Bond films in the space of a week! Maybe not for some of you, but for me this is quite impressive. But I digress.
    Next up in my Blu-Ray Bondathon is....Goldfinger.
    Now for some reason this film slipped down my ranking. At last check it was sitting in 14th spot. But I'm sure it's not going to stay that low after this Bondathon is complete. I thoroughly enjoyed the third film in the series. From the classic PTS to the stunning finale inside Fort Know, Goldfinger is a superb Bond film. Once again Sean Connery is fantastic in the role. He's not quite bored in the role just yet, and continues to play the part well. He's clearly having fun in this film. The character is a little more playful than he had been. A little more humour is brought in, and to be honest it works fine. New director Guy Hamilton gives us a Bond film to remember. Sadly his later efforts would never hit this high again.
    The cast is for the most part very good. Gert Frobe is wonderful as the all loving Gold magnate. His desire to win, no matter the cost is well played. He cheats, he schemes, and he's quite mad you know.
    I have to say I'm fine with Honor Blackman as Pussy Galore, but wonder if the character could've been better written. She simply has very little to do. After a romp in the hay she switches teams (Quite literally as well) and that's it. You would think it's not that easy. She stood to make a fortune. Now...nothing!
    The film zips along at a quick pace, with many memorable scenes. The aforementioned PTS, the death of Jill Masterson, a wonderful M briefing where Bond shows for the first time a little anger toward his boss. The Q scene and the introduction to the DB5, the golf match. Quite possibly the best Bond/Villain game of the series. At least one of them.
    The Swiss alps and the DB5 chase, the laser table, the attack on Fort Knox and the fight to the death with Oddjob. All the way to the fight with Goldfinger aboard the jet.
    It's not a perfect film, but before you can dwell on a scene or goof, you're already onto the next scene.
    Goldfinger has often been credited as being one of the best films of the series. And after my most recent viewing, I can see why. The transition to Blu-ray brings all the colour and picture quality back to life. This was especially evident during the location work. And in the cathedral of gold in Fort Knox. Stunning.

Benny's Blu-Ray ranking:

1. From Russia With Love
    2. Goldfinger
    3. Doctor No