Last Bond Movie You Watched

Comments

Birdleson wrote: »
    I also have switched up and put LTK above (far above) TLD over the past few years. I have been watching THE LIVING DAYLIGHTS sporadically throughout the day on my laptop (these digital copies have come in more handy than I expected) and I certainly do have a great time with the bulk of it. It certainly gets somewhat inconsistent in the middle, but it's the last 40 minutes that just slog along for me. I may move it up a notch or two.

For me, TLD ends once Bond is drugged by Kara.

Agree.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    The Airport sequence and the Mujahedin bit was off for me, too. But, I loved the raid on Whitaker's house.
    Just watched the fantastic DR NO again. Great film.
    Must be close to 400 times that i've watched it.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    The Airport sequence and the Mujahedin bit was off for me, too. But, I loved the raid on Whitaker's house.

See I can easily pick it up then or I usually do right after the plane takes off and the Necros fight that follows..
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited May 2016 Posts: 23,883
    I don't mind it up to the bit in Kamran Shah's quarters, because I always crack up at the response to "I work for the British Government" & like the prison break.

After that it's all downhill for me, and rapidly. Explosions galore with no real direction. I much prefer theLTK tanker finale.
    I assumed that they don't know to speak English nor understand, that's why their laughter at Bond's "I work for the British government" didn't make sense to me that much.
    @ClarkDevlin, I saw it as cynical laughter.

Similar to "England, The Empire, Mi6" from Silva in SF.

A sort of mocking laughter. Hence Shah's look at them, sort of suggesting 'Cool it. That's enough now'. A neat moment.
    Yes, a mocking laughter is what they were aiming at. Perhaps Bond would've insulted them with an unconscious remark and they'd still laugh without understanding. :))
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    Tim shoulda said.

"Keep laughing at me and I'll beat The Living Daylights" out of you."
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    edited May 2016 Posts: 8,189
    001 wrote: »

Woah!

I can't believe there are people out there who have seen it more times than me! ^:)^

The first and still the best Bond film IMO. B-)
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    I wish I had the time to re-watch my favourite movies countless times. But there is so much great stuff out there and time is limited.
    I might have seen GoldenEye a good 50 times I think, The Living Daylights probably even more.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Tonight, a double feature of TLD and LTK.

I do very much enjoy Timothy Dalton. However, I keep reading, on an almost daily basis, @chrisisall, @MajorDSmythe and @DarthDimi saying that Dalton is the 'best ever Bond by a huge margin'.

Within the end of TLD's PTS, I'm like 'Ok, this Dalton guy is quite good'. After Koskov's defection 'Jesus christ, this dude's a legend'. By the half way point of TLD, I can't get enough of Tim Dalton. As soon as the end credits start, I go 'gimme LTK now!!!'. Half way through LTK, 'Brosnan who? Craig who? Neeson who? Statham who? Connery who? Dalton is the true british badass!' When I reach the end of the 4 hours runtime of both films, it dawns on me why @DarthDimi, @Major and @chrisisall sing Dalton's praise all the time.

What an absolute legend! Sure, Moore is my favorite Bond, but I'll be damned if I don't enjoy Dalton being a total, utter, and absolute beast as James Bond 007. I just love the guy, and if I didn't have to sleep I would rewatch both his outings right away!

So, in conclusion: Long live Timothy Friggin Dalton!

fb14c3c0bcd545a9ed5b11f99a278afe.jpg
    Hey! I'm praising him too all the time :))

Dalton is not only my favourite Bond but definitely the best as well.

I wish they could clone him and make new movies with him.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited May 2016 Posts: 40,613
    That picture of Dalton is one of my favorites of the Bond actors. He looks nothing but 1,000% cool.
    edited May 2016 Posts: 8,189
    Dalton is definitely the best Bond by far, but the films he was in always hang around the number 10 spot on my list. He is undoubtedly the best thing about them. License To Kill is #9 for me at the moment, almost purely because of Dalton. That's the best Bond performance ever if you ask me. If you remove Dalton, LTK is rather pedestrian.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I've always been a fan of LTK, and I've really, really loved TLD the last few times I've watched it.
    Both TLD and LTK are in my Top 10.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    I've always been a fan of LTK, and I've really, really loved TLD the last few times I've watched it.
    Dalton & Barry make TLD what it is IMHO.
    With LTK, the movie had no Barry safety net, and Dalton was on his own. And he STILL made it work.

Woah!

I can't believe there are people out there who have seen it more times than me! ^:)^

Truly the best Bond film like you said Mendes4Lyfe and my favourite movie ever made, and i've seen all the top films to compare them to DR NO.

How many times do you think you've seen it Mendes4Lyfe?

Since getting the disk versions sometimes i watch it 3-4 times a week. It's so rewatchable isn't it ?

LALD

Just finished out my Guy Hamilton tribute with LALD. First time watching this one since my pre-SP Bondathon.

I had a blast and really enjoyed it this time. Moore's debut is a confident one, and he maintains a serious (for him) demenour throughout. He's pretty good in the fights here, and even runs pretty well in Kananga's HQ (similar to what I used to see in him in the Saint). I love Seymour as Solitaire, and Kotto is great as both Kanaga & Big - he's chilling in both roles imho.

The standouts for me this time were Martin's incredible score and the fact that I noticed there is next to no green screen in this film, thankfully. Nearly all the stunts are done for real. Moore is actually in the boat driving it during the Louisiana chase, which he didn't do in MR if I'm not mistaken (I noticed green screen during the boat chase in that film), and the crocodile scene is excellent for the same reasons - one can almost smell the bayou, it's so realistic. I've always enjoyed that boat chase, and it remains a highlight for me - such amazing stuntwork throughout.

The only negative for me is the exploding Kananga.

LALD remains just outside the top 10 at #11 for me, sandwiched between LTK & FYEO.
    Holding off on my marathon for a bit; hard when thinking of all the greatness of this series. I'll take Birdleson's advice on every actor's first then second then so on. Will be spoiled early with the likes of DN, OHMSS, LALD, GE, and CR!

Woah!

Truly the best Bond film like you said Mendes4Lyfe and my favourite movie ever made, and i've seen all the top films to compare them to DR NO.

Since getting the disk versions sometimes i watch it 3-4 times a week. It's so rewatchable isn't it ?

I probably watch it once or twice a month currently. There was a period where I would watch it every week, It's in the top 5 most rewatchable films in the series, easy. I'm probably closing in on 100 watches, which is a lot considering I only truely fell in love with the film a few years ago. Ever since then it has never fallen from my #1 spot, and never will. The film just comes so close to perfection that I don't think another Bond film could ever overtake it.

Woah!

I probably watch it once or twice a month currently. There was a period where I would watch it every week, It's in the top 5 most rewatchable films in the series, easy. I'm probably closing in on 100 watches, which is a lot considering I only truely fell in love with the film a few years ago. Ever since then it has never fallen from my #1 spot, and never will. The film just comes so close to perfection that I don't think another Bond film could ever overtake it.

I agree somewhat when you say the film just comes so close to perfection because i think it is perfection. :)
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    edited May 2016 Posts: 11,139
    I'm watching the latest season of Penny Dreadful and it's so crazy how in shape and credibly young Dalton looks. He could technically still be in the role or left the role relatively recently.

nUwuILdHL_pvw71AKOMVOQksVF8@500x313.jpg

4_FULL1-900x1200.jpg

• MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited May 2016 Posts: 13,912
    Tonight, a double feature of TLD and LTK.

I do very much enjoy Timothy Dalton. However, I keep reading, on an almost daily basis, @chrisisall, @MajorDSmythe and @DarthDimi saying that Dalton is the 'best ever Bond by a huge margin'.

Within the end of TLD's PTS, I'm like 'Ok, this Dalton guy is quite good'. After Koskov's defection 'Jesus christ, this dude's a legend'. By the half way point of TLD, I can't get enough of Tim Dalton. As soon as the end credits start, I go 'gimme LTK now!!!'. Half way through LTK, 'Brosnan who? Craig who? Neeson who? Statham who? Connery who? Dalton is the true british badass!' When I reach the end of the 4 hours runtime of both films, it dawns on me why @DarthDimi, @Major and @chrisisall sing Dalton's praise all the time.

What an absolute legend! Sure, Moore is my favorite Bond, but I'll be damned if I don't enjoy Dalton being a total, utter, and absolute beast as James Bond 007. I just love the guy, and if I didn't have to sleep I would rewatch both his outings right away!

So, in conclusion: Long live Timothy Friggin Dalton!

fb14c3c0bcd545a9ed5b11f99a278afe.jpg

That's a good photo. Look at all those damns, that he isn't going to give.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    doubleoego wrote: »
    I'm watching the latest season of Penny Dreadful and it's so crazy how in shape and credibly young Dalton looks. He could technically still be in the role or left the role relatively recently.

nUwuILdHL_pvw71AKOMVOQksVF8@500x313.jpg

4_FULL1-900x1200.jpg
    I posted a similar comment in another topic. I would go see a film featuring Dalton, as a mature Bond coming out of retirement to finish some unfinished business, in a New York minute. It would be a great project for the time between films in the present universe.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    @doubleoego Tim Dalton and Chadwick Boseman must be related. ;)
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Die Another Day.

There's a lot to love in this entry, including David Arnold's brilliant score.
    jake24 wrote: »
    Die Another Day.

Welcome to the club. :D
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    jake24 wrote: »
    Die Another Day.

Welcome to the nuthouse. :D