Some Bond music for you fans

edited October 2013 in Music Posts: 56
Hello guys,

my name is Yannick Zenhäusern. I`m a movie and game music composer from Switzerland, also known as GoldenZen.
Bond music has always been a part of my work from the very start 12 years ago. Needless to say I`m a big fan of that franchise :)
I`d like to share some material with you:
--
I`ve done rescores of some "the world is not enough" scenes:
Opening:

Baku&Kazakhstan:

Caviar factory:

--
I`ve also been involved with GoldenEye: Source, a GoldenEye mod for computer for a few years:
runway:

--
And here`s some more:
Bond, James Bond theme teaser:

--
If you want more, go check my homepage www.yanzen-solutions.ch.

All the best,

Yannick

Comments

• MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Welcome to MI6 GoldenZen. Your music has been a favorite of mine since you became a GE: Source Composer. :)
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Wow, I love your rendition of the Bond theme.
  • thanks a lot guys for the feedback and the welcome :)
  • edited September 2013 Posts: 3,494
    Anything you could do to rescore all the GE scenes would be welcomed. I hate the film soundtrack and wish Serra would have written it in Bondian style to begin with. He's long said that he made a mistake doing it his way and I couldn't agree more. The only official soundtrack I don't have and never want- and I'm a composer/musician myself!
  • Well to be honest I was one of those guys who loved Serra's soundtrack. The hybrid between Serras soundtrack and more contemporary music can be heard in GoldenEye: Source soundtrack.
    Greets, Yannick
    Don't worry @GoldenZen. Members like @Creasy47 and myself love the GoldenEye soundtrack. Great work merging Serra's style with music from GE64.
  • Thanks Wes, I stand to my love for his stuff :)
    Since it is what really brought me to music...
    Most welcome Yannick. Same here. GoldenEye was my first introduction to Bond and the opening Gunbarrel Music forever changed my life. :) I recently found out the synth that makes that sounds in the gunbarrel is actually a sample from the Goldfinger gunbarrel put through some filters to make it into more of a Techno Orchestral Hit.
  • Oh wow interesting. I`ve figured out the sonar-sound, the hummms and some other stuff but I didn`t know about that one. You mean the sound that sounds like the "synth-trumpet"?
  • edited September 2013 Posts: 56
    :D Oh yes absolutely, it is that one. As lazy as this idea is it`s also that genius!
    Yes me and a friend figured out what it was when I was trying to emulate it for some of my GE 64 inspired music remixes and my friend said it sounded like a Jazzy song slowed down. And since Goldfinger's soundtrack is Jazzy, it made perfect sense. :)
  • And here we go with a little teaser:

Fantastic. I can't wait for this soundtrack release. :D
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Murdock wrote:
    Fantastic. I can't wait for this soundtrack release. :D

I concur!
  • Wow. Hairs. Standing. Up. On. Back. Of. Neck.

That's fantastic :-)
  • :D thank you very much guys. I`m always suprised again how much difference mastering does anyway...
    When can we expect the release of the Newest GE: Source Soundtrack?
  • Loving the "New Equipment" theme. What software / synth do you use for the orchestrals (assuming that you don't have access to an orchestra) as the strings and brass sound great.
  • Hi Presto - thanks for the flowers :)
    I use a mixture of various VSTs - depending on what I need. For deep, full and rich sound I often use Symphobia 1 (Projectsam). For fast arrangements and fast pieces this stuff tends to be to slow and to sluggish. So I sometimes also layer some samples of Symphonic Orchestra Gold (Eastwest) on top of that. These samples are very fast, have a hard attack but sound to empty on their own, they have no richness. So it`s a always a mixture that also varies from piece to piece, which I think always gives the right and best sound to each track.
    Cheers
  • and by the way: To have a solid, natural and authentic sound is what I spend most of my time with. Since this is so important and it`s what makes your music credible or not. Unfortunately not a lot of freelance-composers do that which makes their music scream "midi"...
  • Thanks for the info. I must admit I do try to avoid sequencing anything where I can - everything on our Bond medley (http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/7837/bond-music-covers#Item_1) was played live. The strings and brass are all from my Juno Stage, but I'm beginning to explore more virtual instruments. The intro to Skyfall was my first VI, played on Synthogy's American Concert Steinway, but I'm really interested in looking into more orchestrals, particularly strings .