Appreciation of MI6 community.

edited August 2013 in General Discussion Posts: 6,432
Been on here over 18 months, thoroughly enjoy this site. Very good level of respect from fellow members. Observed that there is the odd blip and think the moderators do a sterling job. This thread is very much about positive reenforcement, and saying thankyou for bringing like minded people together who have love for a forever enduring literal and cinematic character.

Comments

• chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    edited August 2013 Posts: 17,696
    I'll throw in my praise as well. I enjoy most of the posters here immensely, Dimi & Sir Henry especially. This is more fun than an agent should be allowed to have. ;)
    chrisisall wrote:
    I'll throw in my praise as well. I enjoy most of the posters here immensely, Dimi & Sir Henry especially. This is more fun than an agent should be allowed to have. ;)

An agent is only as good as the team that supports him. :-) This site like the great Bond movies pardon the metaphor, surpasses the sum of its parts.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Agreed. =D>
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited August 2013 Posts: 17,860
    Yes, I'll throw my top hat into the ring too and say that MI6 Community is the best James Bond forum on the net by a country mile. I've been on all of the major Bond forums at one time or another but none of them can hold a candle to MI6 Community. Well done to the mods and members for making MI6 Community the great place that it is. I gladly give MI6 Community promotion on my blog and Twitter, not that it needs that, but it is my small way of saying thanks to the MI6 HQ Staff and their site and if in so doing I guide a few new people here, then it will be worth it.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    We have had some stick about the format/layout in the past, but I think the essance of a good forum is the people who take part. It's good having a community who want to talk Bond rather than pander to their own individual egos (which any forum is in danger of resorting to).

Thanks for the kind words. :-)
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    I agree with @NicNac: the kind words are much appreciated. And for the record, the Community has some of the greatest members the world of internet fora has ever seen. Thumbs up!
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited August 2013 Posts: 13,350
    Nice to see the support for this great forum is still here. Long may it continue with it's much valued members. I have no doubt this is one of many threads on the subject.

I wonder about those who complain about the layout. It's really not that bad.
    I've never been as productive on a forum, as much of a contributor, as I am on here. Fantastic people, amazing levels of discussion, and great memories all in one. Cheers to MI6C.
    Samuel001 wrote:
    Nice to see the support for this great forum is still here. Long may it continue with it's much valued members. I have no doubt this is one of many threads on the subject.

I wonder about those who complain about the layout. It's really not that bad.

They do complain about the MI6 Community layout over at Bond and Beyond (BAB) but that just smacks of sour grapes. That site split away from MI6 Community when it changed to this new design in March 2011 or so, I believe. I think the site is by far the most modern-looking and best designed from a social networking tie-in point of view. It's really very well organised in my view and whoever designed it did a great job.
    edited August 2013 Posts: 13,350
    Let's not get started on the split. Needless to say, I know all about it. It's all in our archives. It just goes to show, some people don't value the people they're with as much as one would like to think.

Good to have you with us at least, @Dragonpol as well as everyone else.
  • I joined when they'd already changed the forum (visited the main site before that though), so it never really bothered me. I don't have any troubles with the layout, especially since they fixed the search bar.

Anyway I really enjoy it on here too. It is a great site.
  • edited August 2013 Posts: 6,396
    Yes, am enjoying the forum ever since I joined back in July. I was a member of the old forums many many years ago but I have to say this is an improvement. Continue to 'Keep The British End Up' guys :-)
  • DarthDimi wrote:
    I agree with @NicNac: the kind words are much appreciated. And for the record, the Community has some of the greatest members the world of internet fora has ever seen. Thumbs up!

Thanks @chrisisall and I heartily second every thought Dimi has expressed here.
    I knew we had another one of these but look who it was started by. Quite funny really.

http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/4338/mi6-appreciation
  • Samuel001 wrote:
    I knew we had another one of these but look who it was started by. Quite funny really.

How true that is :)) We had a case a week or two ago where the equally infamous in these parts Buttons, perhaps the same person, suggested MR would be more enjoyable while tripping on psychedelics some time before one of my fellow originals suggested much the same thing. We still have a few people around here equally as annoying, so hopefully this observation doesn't encourage them TOO much :))

• edited August 2013 Posts: 6,432
    Samuel001 wrote:

How true that is :)) We had a case a week or two ago where the equally infamous in these parts Buttons, perhaps the same person, suggested MR would be more enjoyable while tripping on psychedelics some time before one of my fellow originals suggested much the same thing. We still have a few people around here equally as annoying, so hopefully this observation doesn't encourage them TOO much :))

Its a real shame that we often take this line of thinking, though totally understandable. I do it myself when online, i am old fashioned always prefered seeing the face of the person i speak to. No offence taken and my sentiment toward the site is genuine.
    Samuel001 wrote:

Yes, how ironic it was he who posted that!
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    This is one duplicate thread I won't close. ;-)

Hey, you are among friends here. ;-) (No, I won't do the bad poster thing.)
    DarthDimi wrote:

Thankyou :-)
    I check into this site almost daily, much to the amusement of my better half and kids! However the opportunity to have a light hearted chat on Bond as well as a whole host of other topics is a nice way to wind down after a busy day! Nice one to all on here! :-bd
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    I love you guys!!! And gals!!!

Nuff said. This is part of my world. :-bd
    edited August 2013 Posts: 17,860
    DarthDimi wrote:

Hey DD, you forgot the "chap" on the end of that now infamous line there!
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I really enjoy and appreciate all of you guys. Thank you for constantly contributing to what has to be the best James Bond forum online. I'd really love getting to meet some of you in person one day. Keep up the great work, everyone!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Well, most of the praise has already been dealt here, but I might as well toss my two cents into the old hat.

I have been a member here for over two years now (joining post-update), and have enjoyed myself immensely. We have had bumpy trials in the past, but we face those everywhere we go in life, and we are only stronger for having faced them head on. This site has become a regular part of my day: every time I get up (if I do sleep), one of the first things I do is open up my laptop and check the home page for new posts. It truly feels a bit like home now, and I have become friends with a lot of the members on here, even going so far as to ask a few for personal advice at times; and that means a lot because I don't open up that easy. We not only discuss Bond here, but also a wider range of topics that let us get outside of the discourse surrounding 007 and have a conversation about other areas of our worlds. It keeps things fresh and always interesting when we get to know each other better beyond the avatars and keyboards, something I enjoy seeing. Hell, if I even wanted to search for film, video game, or book news, this is the first place I would come, and 9 times out of 10 someone has posted a link to a piece of information I was searching for. But, the forum wouldn't be anything without our great moderators who are able to push through and manage the site day in and day out, though they have their own lives to worry about as well. And the many members with whom I relish speaking with create a welcoming and enlightening environment to not only share our thoughts on Bond, but to learn something new each time we click on a thread. So, to put it in layman's terms, thank you to everyone here at the good ol' HMS MI6C! :)