Andmcit - film poster mock ups

Comments

• LicencedToKilt69007LicencedToKilt69007 Belgium, Wallonia
    Beautiful as always, @andmcit

Carver has got a...GoldenEye !
  • edited September 2013 Posts: 1,068
    Thank you for your compliment @LicencedToKilt69007 - that is high praise indeed, it is appreciated.

I am aware these are a lot busier in content that many I have seen on fan art threads although I grew up with the amazing montage artworks of LALD, MWTGG and TSWLM etc. The newer DC style is more stripped back and moody and I intend trying this theme approach for the older films after I have a completed my first set.

It just feels much harder choosing just one element than the multiple ones I'm trying here so far!!

PS: regarding your user iD - I've ALWAYS heard Gladys Night say "kilt" too
    - I thought it was just me, but every time I now find myself listening out for it! :|
    ForYourEyesOnly3.jpg
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    andmcit wrote:
    ForYourEyesOnly3.jpg

What a great 100th post @Andmcit. :D

Pleased you like it @Murdock. :D

I'm having a great time with all the reading up of the 100's of threads here but am actually surprised to reach 100 posts already! I profess I don't have the level of deep knowledge most here evidently posses despite always having been a big fan of the Bond series.
  • edited February 2015 Posts: 1,068
    Just dusting off the cobwebs I've left here!

I had a first to last (Sean to DC) version of this before so I've decided to fill the 4 'in-betweens': :D

all6Bonds2.jpg
  • edited July 2014 Posts: 1,068
    A matching contrast!

6Bondgirls2.jpg

I'm finding it quite challenging to find a decent resolution image of UA and this one is a bit blotchy but her smouldering looks in this particular one from the original set do mark it out as quite special...
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Just had a good look through this whole thread. I am impressed, @Andmcit.
    Pleased you like these @Thunderfinger

Im still planning to try and complete a matching first series and then look at a full series of more minimal landscape versions! I'll be as interested as anyone to see how this works out myself!!!
    Ok, so Bond has flown a jet pack and a micro helicopter, why not a micro heli-jet!? Now for something completely different: :D

Burjjetbike3C-1.jpg
    Love these posters, especially the DN and FRWL efforts. Sean looks awesome in both.
    Like the one above too. Its the kind of busy, escapist Bond artwork that the Craig films are begging for.
    All of your posters are real good, I think. Great fun to look at for a Bond fan!
    I know these are busy and not to everyone's tastes so to hear you like my artworks really makes it all worthwhile, thank you! I personally like the FRWL layout and colours best too though TLD isn't far behind.

I have a very nice A1 Landscape TLD foyer poster on my wall and it's fair to say it heavily influences me when I think of Bond posters!

I draw freehand (not very often these days unfortunately!) using coloured pencil but always fancied the idea of a watercoloured painting along the lines of the OHMSS layouts I've explored.

When I've fully felt out what works best I feel I will give this a go! It is too easy to lazily rely on artworks existing purely as a digital document on my Mac though!!
  • edited August 2014 Posts: 1,068
    How about a bit of a wild plot scenario here - imagine a futuristic jet military helicopter (yes OK, done before as per GE :| ) being used in a terror attack on the Hyper rich / A+list VIP guests Dubai Grand Prix F1 night race where Bond, as is his way, is trying to spoil an evil plot and in doing so creates more havoc 'borrowing' the race Safety Car!?

It's one hell of a 'Police Car' and the Safety Car job description of the super tricked out AMG Merc has a date with Bond written all over it!! The chaos of it going freestyle on the race circuit in the hyper lit night race with the wild surrounding architecture could make quite a visual feast even if I'm not capturing it fully here!!

Burjsafetycar4.jpg

I can picture DC carving through everything whilst shooting out the open gullwing door (it's good enough for Jeremy Clarkson with action not quips in mind). I see a chase that could climax at the 7 star Burj Al Arab hotel to stop imminent catastrophe and save that sultry brunette but they may not take too kindly to the place blowing up mind (even if only on HD!). Yes it's probably nearly 90 miles away but hey, the AMG's a fast car with a 200mph top speed and it IS Bond driving with a tinsy bit of film artistic licence even if there is a bit of aggro along the way... :D

It'd be a mash up of pretty intense iconic elements but I'm sure Merc wouldn't mind the product placement (or Bernie kerching $ Ecclestone going for a Bond / F1 connection). Would make for one hell of an action sequence like CR's Airport scene! If F1 cars weren't so wimpy fragile I did wonder about Bond driving one of these out of the circuit onto the open road!!?

Maybe I am crazy but no, I haven't been tripping out on anything more than CR playing in the background as I meddle on my Mac!
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    That poster is very nicely done. I love the coloring, and I never would've thought of a creative way to make '007' out of 'Risico,' so good work. Talking about a racing sequence gets me thinking of past talk of Bond taking part in a F1 race somehow. Perhaps it's something friendly after meeting the villain - such as the horse training in AVTAK - and 007 has to race the main villain and his henchmen, as the latter try to run him off the road and stop him with rigged portions of the race. Of course, Bond succeeds and plays it off nicely.
  • edited August 2014 Posts: 1,068
    If you haven't seen these already, some updates I have which were posted on the other fan posters thread:

DCwallpaper4-1.jpg

DCwallpaper4.jpg

DCwallpaper2.jpg

Keepcalm.jpg

and a nearly new one :P

Burjaston2.jpg
    And a few more recent to add here from the spectre thread: :D

bond-craig-spectre.jpg

bond-craig-spectre2.jpg

Spectresnowportrait2.jpg

Spectresnowportrait1.jpg

Spectregroupportrait1.jpg

DB10AlpsBondclassicpose2.jpg

Spectresoloportrait1.jpg
    Some new ones to add:

015-daniel-craig-portrait2.jpg

Spectre%20solo%20portrait%202B.jpg

Spectre%20solo%20portrait%201B.jpg

spectre%20ice%202.jpg
    spectre%20ice%203.jpg
    andmcit wrote: »
    Spectre%20solo%20portrait%202B.jpg

Spectre%20solo%20portrait%201B.jpg
    Haha, these are great! GQ for Men reveals the terrible truth behind Spectre, the artist formerly known as D. Craig, now giving vocal performances in front of thousands of screaming teenagers, when he´s not hosting his kooking programme!

:)) :))
    Parody%20GQ%20Bond2.jpg
    spectre%20aston2.jpg

Spectre%20Lea-Seydoux%20amp%20Craig3.jpg

DC-Aston-DB10-Alps%202_1.jpg

Daniel-Craig-Lea.jpg

big%20dress.jpg

Blood%20bond.jpg

Unfinished%20business%203.jpg
    Some more great additions here!
    Thank you @RogueAgent - I appreciate your comment. Some new additions:

monica-bellucci-spectre2.jpg

spectre-teaser-explosion-poster.jpg

Parody%20GQ%20Bond3.jpg

spectre%20ice.jpg

monica-bellucci-spectre3.jpg
    Roger.jpg

Daniel.jpg

Sean.jpg

Vector%20DanielCraig%20Roma3.jpg

Vector%20Spectre%20Roma1.jpg

spectre-funeral-poster.jpg

Spectre%20DB10%20alights.jpg
  • edited March 2015 Posts: 1,068
    Update of some recent posters: :D

Hinx.jpg

Spectre%20epic%20poster%20new%20cut.jpg

Spectre%20epic%20poster3%20new%20cut.jpg

when%20in%20Rome%202.jpg

Moonraker%20shuttle%20poster.jpg

Moonraker%20shuttle%20poster2.jpg

and another variation on a theme:

Moonraker%20shuttle%20poster3.jpg
    More updates! :D

I started out with this:

Plainer%20spectre%20poster12.jpg

and ended up with this!

LALD%20spectre%20poster.jpg

A different kind of teaser:

Respect%20Teaser%201.jpg

teaser%20spectre%20poster6.jpg

and a variation:

teaser%20spectre%20poster5.jpg

teaser%20spectre%20poster1.jpg

teaser%20spectre%20poster3.jpg

Spectre%20in%20the-living-daylights%20style%202.jpg

march%20spectre%20poster15.jpg

Ghostly%20DanielC%202.jpg

march%20spectre%20poster6%20copy.jpg

march%20spectre%20poster4%20copy.jpg

Parody%20GQ%20Bond4.jpg
  • edited September 2015 Posts: 1,068
    Some random retouching on a couple of Bond images:

Spectre teaser without the film titles:

march%20spectre%20poster2_1.jpg

Vesper and Yusef:

Quantum-of-Solace-Vesper-Yusef.jpg
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Simply amazing work, these posters are just fantastic ! =D>
    Thank you for taking a look and giving your thoughts, I'm pleased you like them @DrGorner. I haven't viewed many of these for months myself and like the creepy DotD red gunbarrel face one where I was trying for a more abstract edgier look to capture the Bond's demons. :D
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    EON should hire you as a poster designer. I love the TLD SPECTREIFYED one. I think a lot of these are better than what we got.