Star Wars (1977 - present)

Comments

• Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Despite flaws that it may have in regards to the fact that it does mimic some elements of A New Hope, The Force Awakens is still better than Attack of the Clones and Phantom Menace combined, probably on par with Revenge of the Sith. Even if all you want to do is hate it for the mere fact of existing (which seems to be the case), I'd suggest seeing it at least once in your life.
  • I was hyped for Force Awakens and its a well constructed film that I watch now and again, though I must confess I am not that bothered about Rogue One though if I have the time I will watch it. Rogue One I feel can't and won't offer many surprises, we all know the outcome... Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised by it, low expectations is never a bad thing admittedly visually it looks good.

• Crikey!

Crikey!

:)) Was not expecting that!
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited December 2016 Posts: 15,696
    10 days left now until 'Rogue One', very excited for this.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    That last clip sold me.
  • edited December 2016 Posts: 3,333
    How can you have a spoiler for R-1 when everyone and his dog knows the outcome?

I'll take these Hollywood celebrity attended premiere feedbacks with the skepticism it deserves, especially as The Force Awakens got such glowing early reviews. Interestingly, someone likened the movie to the Dirty Dozen, which is exactly my thoughts when I saw Suicide Squad. I just wondering what other classic war movies has R-1 borrowed from? My point is, E.M. Nathanson should get a writing credit as he should've done for Suicide Squad.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    edited December 2016 Posts: 11,139
    Frosty_1.jpg
    Frosty_2.jpg
    Frosty_3.jpg
    Frosty_4.jpg
    Frosty_5.jpg
    Frosty_6.jpg

Chris_Hardwick.jpg

Kyle_Newman.jpg

Scott_Mantz.jpg

Germain_Lussier.jpg

Scott_Mantz_1.jpg

Grae_Drake.jpg

John Campea ✔ @johncampea Star Wars Rogue One is AWESOME!!!

Peter_Sciretta_1.jpg
    Peter_Sciretta_2.jpg
    Peter_Sciretta_3.jpg

Breznican_1.jpg
    Breznican_2.jpg
    Breznican_3.jpg
    Breznican_4.jpg
    Breznican_5.jpg
    Breznican_6.jpg
    Breznican_7.jpg

Amy_Ratcliffe.jpg

Terri_Schwartz_1.jpg
    Terri_Schwartz_2.jpg
    Terri_Schwartz_3.jpg

Chris_Taylor_1.jpg
    Chris_Taylor_2.jpg
    Chris_Taylor_3.jpg

Mayimbe.jpg

Sean_Gerber.jpg

This film is tracking an opening weekend of $190 million domestic.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Not that I have any worries about the reception this film will have, pretty much ANY early Twitter reviews for films are almost always positive. Same thing happened with 'Suicide Squad' and BvS, and we all know how those turned out. Of course, I'm not comparing this to either of those, nor do I have any doubts that this will get incredible reviews and $1 billion plus, but still.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    I'm seeing this on wednesday. Can't wait!
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Next weekend for me.
  • I'll watch this for Vaders moment of pure horror alone, UK release date is 15th got fours days off at end of week nice one.
    Seeing this on Thursday!
    Tomorrow 11 am
    Leaving in about an hour for the film.
    Seen it!
    Don't keep us in suspense. How was it?
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Reviews here are glowing.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Seeing it this weekend. Can't wait.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    I agree, great reactions so far.
  • Will watch it 1pm Friday, the final act is supposed to be awesome can't wait.
    Finally got back, I double billed it with 'Manchester by the Sea' which also came out here today. 'Rogue One' is god damn epic, that final act with the huge epic battle was fantastic. No spoilers for the ending but I almost punched the air in celebration. Not a lot of screentime for Vader but he was extremely chilling. Big standout for Donnie Yen being a proper badass, and the K2 robot who was hilarious and super badass too. I may see this shit again next week, it's that good.
    It tied nicely to ANH. So well actually, that I had to watch the first Star Wars movie right after it.

There was this one character from ANH I wasn't expecting;
    What surprised me was that Tarkin was in this, and he was portrayed by Peter Cushing. Well, by pretty real looking cgi recreation of the actor

It was more original than TFA. It was it's own thing and not a re-telling of any previous Star Wars movie. It was also the darkest, imho.

I agree with @SharkBait, 'Force Awakens' maybe was more fun and more awesome to see Harrison Ford and other old-timers back, but boy did 'Rogue One' pack a huge punch. Super badass film. For Donnie Yen alone I would rewatch this film tomorrow. And that huge battle for the climax was totally epic.
    Excellent feedback. I'll be catching this tomorrow.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Great to hear the comments so far! I'm watching it on Friday - already have my tickets bought.