Martin Campbell - Appreciation Thread

15678911»

Comments

• talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Absolutely.
    https://savilleproductions.com/directors/feature-film-directors/martin-campbell/

i297Fe8.png

I don't know how I missed this, but Campbell recently directed an advertisement for Louis Vuitton featuring Lea Seydoux. Despite this somewhat surprising venture into the world of fashion, Campbell has not lost his touch for creating visually stunning content. The advert is gorgeously shot, showcasing Campbell's continued prowess behind the camera.

It's worth noting that Campbell is not slowing down, with two upcoming films slated for release this year. One of these features Daisy Ridley, while the other stars Eva Green.

Considering the prospect of Campbell returning to the James Bond series, there are both advantages and potential drawbacks. On the positive side, Campbell has proven himself capable of revitalising the franchise, having successfully directed two Bond films in the past. If armed with a strong script and paired with a skilled cinematographer like Eigil Bryld (known for his work on 'The Holdovers') who is shooting his film with Daisy Ridley, Campbell could potentially breathe new life into the series.

However, there are concerns about the choice being perceived as safe and somewhat predictable for a reboot. The director has already navigated the Bond universe twice before, and there might be a desire for a fresh and more exciting perspective from EON. Names like Denis Villeneuve and Christopher Nolan have been floated in discussions about the future of Bond, indicating a potential shift by EON towards directors known for their innovative approaches.

Despite some of his more recent films being a bit rubbish, Campbell's track record with Bond speaks for itself. If Eon Productions priorities reliability and a director with a proven ability to deliver engaging action sequences, Campbell could still be a compelling choice. While he may not bring the same level of excitement as a newcomer to the franchise, his experience and familiarity with the Bond world could make him a solid option if the primary goal is to get the film made efficiently.

In conclusion, Martin Campbell's potential return to the James Bond series offers dependability. Whether his appointment would be met with enthusiasm by fans, he is a safe bet. Plus, he's a company man and will listen to EON when it come to the big decisions.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Using the Tron Legacy score for that ad is a bit rubbish though: that's got to be the most overused repurposed score of recent years.
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    Lea is ridiculously beautiful in that advert, almost otherworldly. But I wish Madeline was more like that in SP and NTTD, at times Swann just seemed ordinary. Lea is gorgeous and a really talented actress, I wish Swann had been written differently for her.

I'd love Campbell back working on Bond, even if it was only to do the screentests for Bond #7 and maybe be a consultant on Bond 26. The man knows Bond
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited March 16 Posts: 4,442
    Clive Owen also get a part in Cleaner, he and Campbell working earlier together with Beyond Borders. Gary Powell (stunt coordinator of on first four Daniel Craig Bond movies) wil be second United directer (he did one elemtent for Skyfall and one element for Spectre the rest was done by Alexander Witt).

Cinematographer (DOP), Editor and composer are not confirmd yet. But mabey Meheux wil be dop again. But how amazing it wil be if there can get David Arnold as composer.

In The Netherlands and Belgium look like the movie will be released by Belga Home Video, that can mean good news for promotion to get better boxoffice and if that be good for Bluray also. Bluray with bonusmaterial and mabey 7.1 atmos and BD/4K release. There are studio who release Now You See Me 2, John Wick 2, 3, 4 and The Hunger Games movies for Lions Gate. The movie is made by same production company behind Paddington movies and Non Stop with Liam Neeson also released by them with bonusmaterial. But two times there releasing a Bluray with only a trailer and with The Courier (2020) there give it Searchers treatment (no extra's)..
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Though unlikely, I have not given up on the possibility of Campbell for a third launch of a Bond actor.
  • edited March 17 Posts: 703
    M_Balje wrote: »
    Clive Owen also get a part in Cleaner, he and Campbell working earlier together with Beyond Borders. Gary Powell (stunt coordinator of on first four Daniel Craig Bond movies) wil be second United directer (he did one elemtent for Skyfall and one element for Spectre the rest was done by Alexander Witt).

Cinematographer (DOP), Editor and composer are not confirmd yet. But mabey Meheux wil be dop again. But how amazing it wil be if there can get David Arnold as composer.

In The Netherlands and Belgium look like the movie will be released by Belga Home Video, that can mean good news for promotion to get better boxoffice and if that be good for Bluray also. Bluray with bonusmaterial and mabey 7.1 atmos and BD/4K release. There are studio who release Now You See Me 2, John Wick 2, 3, 4 and The Hunger Games movies for Lions Gate. The movie is made by same production company behind Paddington movies and Non Stop with Liam Neeson also released by them with bonusmaterial. But two times there releasing a Bluray with only a trailer and with The Courier (2020) there give it Searchers treatment (no extra's)..

I love Clive Owen but he is a box Office poison.
    Anyway, Campbell needs to make a Statham movie.It's funny that this hasn't happened yet.