Please bring back the 'husband and wife' from the tube in Bond 24!

13»

Comments

• RC7RC7
    thedove wrote:
    Besides they delivered the dialogue really well!

They didn't though, did they? It was delivered with the panache of a slug traversing some moss. I'm happy for people to say it amused them but you can't say it was delivered well, because quite clearly it wasn't.

• QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    I have no issue with the couple returning *provided they don't have speaking roles*. If they absolutely must return, I would put them in a car chase scene:

The couple step out to cross the road just as Bond speeds past. They jump backwards to safety. Looking in Bond's direction, the couple then go to cross the road again, when the villains speed past in hot pursuit of Bond. They jerk back again. The camera cuts to the couple's shocked faces.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    QBranch wrote:
    I have no issue with the couple returning *provided they don't have speaking roles*. If they absolutely must return,

They really really don't have to you know. I don't think Daniel Craig has told EON he will walk if this pair don't get a part.
    QBranch wrote:
    I would put them in a car chase scene:

The couple step out to cross the road just as Bond speeds past. They jump backwards to safety. Looking in Bond's direction, the couple then go to cross the road again, when the villains speed past in hot pursuit of Bond. They jerk back again. The camera cuts to the couple's shocked faces.

Cue painfully poor forest of oak delivery from the guy: 'they're in a hurry to get somewhere'. Hilarity ensues.

Yes, but the lines did add some fun to it. I think you are exaggerating my initial remarks. Because I do agree that the couple was hilarious hehe. Bring them back ;-).

Don't try and row back from your ridiculous position now that you are twisting in the wind like a Tory politician. Here's a quote from your initial post:
    Let's dedicate this topic to this fantastic British couple and let's hope EON brings the couple back.

And lets not forget the grovelling 'please' in the title. You started this nonsense - at least be man enough to see it through to the bitter end.

Man, calm down. This is a forum.....not the managment board of EON Productions #:-S
  • 00Hero00Hero Banned
    This is my opinoin no its terrible why would they bring them back next you will be asking for Bond break in to there house during supper and pretend to be there son so he can escape the bad guy no its terible theres lots of ways to develop Bonds character sadly this is not 1 of them agree with @wizard this thread is pathetic.
    edited July 2013 Posts: 9,117
    00Hero wrote:
    This is my opinoin no its terrible why would they bring them back next you will be asking for Bond break in to there house during supper and pretend to be there son so he can escape the bad guy no its terible theres lots of ways to develop Bonds character sadly this is not 1 of them agree with @wizard this thread is pathetic.

Rare these days for a new poster to show such discerning taste. Well done Sir.
    I know this is a long shot, but maybe they could have their own spin-off tv show. In every episode, they witness a Bond-like character performing unbelievable stunts during their travels, kind of like Victor did. Each episode could homage a Bond film.

I'm seriously joking, btw.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    00Hero wrote:

Rare these days for a new poster to show such discerning taste. Well done Sir.

I wouldn't get too excited Wiz /:)

Concerning the matter being discussed, I would say why do it again? It's not like it was the most brilliant gag in the series. And I agree that the delivery of the joke by Craig just a few seconds after completely ecliples these two. They had their place in SF, it was fun, let's move on shall we?
    QBranch wrote:
    I know this is a long shot, but maybe they could have their own spin-off tv show. In every episode, they witness a Bond-like character performing unbelievable stunts during their travels, kind of like Victor did. Each episode could homage a Bond film.

No tell me you are serious! This has potential!

DN - After Mr Jones eats the cyanide: 'he's keen not to be interrogated' (nb- they might have to black up for this one in order to pass as a Jamaican couple)
    FRWL - As Mr Benz runs for the Orient Express: 'he's keen to catch that train'.
    GF - As the army attack Fort Knox: 'they're keen to make a withdrawal' (don't ask me how they dodge the nerve gas - I'm riffing here)
    TB - As Bond swings Fiona into the bullet: 'he's keen not to get shot'.
    YOLT - As Bond and the ninjas all flee the volcano: 'they're keen not to be incinerated by molten lava' (would need Japanese make up a la Connery to pass as an Ama couple).
    OHMSS - As Tracy takes a bullet in the head: 'Shes keen not to go on honeymoon.'
    DAF - As the elephant wins the jackpot and Blofeld walks past in drag: 'EON are keen to piss a over Flemings grave and not give us a suitable follow up to OHMSS'.
    LALD - As JW gives chase: 'he's keen to muscle in on our territory as the light relief.'
    TMWTGG - As JW shows up once again: 'he's keen to show that despite the comedy sidekick to Bond being an awful idea at least Clifton James is a good actor and is genuinely funny in the role.'
    TSWLM - As the Lotus comes out of the sea: 'Victor Tourjansky who was something like the 2nd AD on the Sardinian unit is keen to show that even he has better comic timing than us.'
    MR - As the Bondola traverses St Marks Sq: 'That pigeon is keen to show that even he has more screen presence'.
    FYEO - As Bond puts the guy through the flower shop window: 'the Wizard is keen to alienate everyone here by persuing this increasingly unfunny and laboured post through all 23 films plus CR67 and NSNA.'

I bow out here people before I am banned but if anyone else would like to take the mantle for other films or other scenes from films already mentioned be my guest.

Perhaps we could start a petition to EON for this couple to be digitally inserted into every Bond film for a 'The Hilarious Tube Couple Special Edition' box set?

*Sigh* I'm regretting this already.
    Perhaps we could start a petition to EON for this couple to be digitally inserted into every Bond film for a 'The Hilarious Tube Couple Special Edition' box set?
    In the words of Kara Milovy- "But who would pay?"
  • 00Hero00Hero Banned
    edited July 2013 Posts: 121
    Yorgi of course ie douche bags with more money then sense.
    QBranch wrote:

DN - After Mr Jones eats the cyanide: 'he's keen not to be interrogated' (nb- they might have to black up for this one in order to pass as a Jamaican couple)
    FRWL - As Mr Benz runs for the Orient Express: 'he's keen to catch that train'.
    GF - As the army attack Fort Knox: 'they're keen to make a withdrawal' (don't ask me how they dodge the nerve gas - I'm riffing here)
    TB - As Bond swings Fiona into the bullet: 'he's keen not get shot'.
    YOLT - As Bond and the ninjas all feel the volcano: 'they're keen not to be incinerated by molten lava' (would need Japanese make up a la Connery to pass as an Ama couple).
    OHMSS - As Tracy takes a bullet in the head: 'Shes keen not to go on honeymoon.'
    DAF - As the elephant wins the jackpot and Blofeld walks past in drag: 'EON are keen to piss a over Flemings grave and not give us a suitable follow up to OHMSS'.
    LALD - As JW gives chase: 'he's keen to muscle in on our territory as the light relief.'
    TMWTGG - As JW shows up once again: 'he's keen to show that despite the comedy sidekick to Bond being an awful idea at least Clifton James is a good actor and is genuinely funny in the role.'
    TSWLM - As the Lotus comes out of the sea: 'Victor Tourjansky who was something like the 2nd AD on the Sardinian unit is keen to show that even he has better comic timing than us.'
    MR - As the Bondola traverses St Marks Sq: 'That pigeon is keen to show that even he has more screen presence'.
    FYEO - As Bond puts the guy through the flower shop window: 'the Wizard is keen to alienate everyone here by persuing this increasingly unfunny and laboured post through all 23 films plus CR67 and NSNA.'

I bow out here people before I am banned but if anyone else would like to take the mantle for other films or other scenes from films already mentioned be my guest.

:-)) =D>
    @wizard

Thats the funniest thing I've ever read here - particularly the Tracy one, i can just picture it.

Back to original question. The couple were funny in Skyfall. But why oh why should we be made to suspend disbelief in future films by bringing them back in a cameo role. It deifies sense and the whole direction of the Craig era.

So, no. Its a terrible idea.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    Bring back Penelope Smallbone!
    Bond 24--The Couple Returns. "Oh, look, it's that couple again. Isn't that funny? So clever. I do hope they'll show up again and again. They're such a pleasant diversion from the rest of the film." Maybe they can have their own spinoff films.

It's enough that Wilson has cameos in the films. Let's get back to what all the best Bond films have been--straight forward action adventures, not light comedies and parodies.

Ludovico wrote:
    I thought it was a funny line and a funny joke.

The quality of the line is not the issue here. It is that this couple were so utterly hilarious they have to be brought back for B24.

I don't mind the odd one liner if they are funny but Gustav's delusion that somehow this guy's Chaplin-esque comic timing is what made the scene is utterly preposterous. You could literally get anyone to say that line and it would've got just the same response. The idea that this bloke is the Olivier of one liners is completely insane.

Oh sure, it should be a one off. On a side note, I would LOVE to have such cameo in a Bond movie.
    echo wrote:

Apart from maybe Gustav anyone clamouring for the return of Small-Fawcett? Thought not.
    echo wrote:

Apart from maybe Gustav anyone clamouring for the return of Small-Fawcett? Thought not.

Nah, your suggestions are way more hilarious hehe :P.

• 00Hero00Hero Banned
    Yes bring back husband and wife while were at it bring back trench jaws drunk guy etc you lot are mad for wanting it imo lets have it shown the husband and wife in the tub are vespers parents.