The Movie Rating Thread (The Bourne Identity)

2»

Comments

• Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I can't give this any more than 7.4/10. I don't find it as entertaining as it's sequels, or the series XIII.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I can't give this any more than 7.4/10. I don't find it as entertaining as it's sequels, or the series XIII.

So 'XIII' is good? I remember playing the cel-shaded game a loooong time ago and having a little interest when the show first came around.
    Most of all The Bourne Identity proved, that it was still feasible to approach the Spy Genre in a more realistic Way and make Money with it. For that alone we all should be very greatful!
    By the Way, i would rate it at about 7.5 ( and Supremacy at 9.0 - just for what it is, namely a gripping High Speed Spy Flic, which didn't Need a extreme Budget and -especially - no Computer generated effects. Just a straight Story and a believable Protagonist. Surely Mr. Mendes and Logan would snooze at such boring Details but there are still People out there,that appreciate these Things).
    While this movie is far away from its source namely the book by Ludlum it does update it the story to our times and does so in a very strong way. The movie did make Matt a actionhero and did so very convincingly.

While I do prefer Richard Chambelains Bourne Identity because it is far closer to the book this new version does rate well with me. 8/10
  • pachazopachazo Make Your Choice
    SaintMark wrote:
    The movie did make Matt a actionhero and did so very convincingly.

Yes, there were a lot of people (myself included) that had their doubts on whether or not he could pull this off. He did so in tremendous fashion.
    I'll give it a very solid and respectable 7/10.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited July 2013 Posts: 4,459
    The Bourne Identity 8/10. This is what i give the movie the last time i saw it in 2010. My first view whas in 2003 when i rent the movie, but then i give it a 6/10. I have consider to give 7/10 again like with the second and third view but i give it 1 correction point of the fact it is a movie from 2002. This correction point i give now more and more with movies consider to give 7 or 7.5 but if i have watch them earlier or earlier again possible have give 8 or 8.5. Because for example the cinematography like as in Goldeneye feels a bit dated. Not dated by choose (See for example Skyfall who from the start already feel dated.) but by the time who flyes. With Bourne sequels i also give a 0,5 or 1.0 correction point because i saw those not earlier 2011.
    Bourne Identity 9/10, I actually prefer this to the sequels, it feels like it could have been a cracking stand alone movie.
  • SuperheroSithSuperheroSith SE London
    9/10 TBI is brilliant