SPECTRE Bonds girls; Seydoux, Bellucci, Sigman, plus rumoured

Comments

• EndCredit007EndCredit007 EGYPT
    jake24 wrote: »
    She was 32.
    that was a big mistake of me i discovered just after i hit the post button so i edit it ..
    so sorry
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Ah, no worries.
    The cover of GQ Italia in August will feature Monica Bellucci as James Bond Lady:
    [img][/img]238619monicabelluccicovergq.jpg
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    That's probably the worst picture of MB that I've seen not that she does that much for me anyway.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    *right clicks and saves*
  • Lio007 wrote: »
    The cover of GQ Italia in August will feature Monica Bellucci as James Bond Lady:

Is that picture from 2015??? That photo seriously looks like it could have been taken 15 or more years ago, circa her Matrix Reloaded days.

Also, @Mrcoggins: Are you out of your Vulcan mind??? ;)
    Lio007 wrote: »

Whenever this picture was taken? She looks delicious!!! :x
    Still tough to know the accurate shooting date. Pictures are from Bettina Rheims (Paris). Here are the HQ pix (cover and main pages):
    [img][/img]580940GQItalia1.jpg
    [img][/img]853056GQItalia2.jpg
    [img][/img]416273GQItalia3.jpg
    [img][/img]591772GQItalia4.jpg
    tumblr_lvdmbtQtii1r0svzd.gif
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    tumblr_lncfztFIud1qcag1ao1_400.gif
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    I am never leaving this page again.

drooling_homer_785344_answer_4_xlarge.gif
    Is that picture from 2015??? That photo seriously looks like it could have been taken 15 or more years ago, circa her Matrix Reloaded days.

It seems all pictures were taken in 2015. Here's the cover after cleaning:
    [img][/img]343768GQItalia5.jpg
    She is so ridiculously sexy.
  • edited July 2015 Posts: 4,400
    The character I'm finding most interesting in 'Spectre' at the moment is Madeline Swann.

I think Seydoux is a great actress and something of a throwback to the French New Wave cinema of the 60s. She looks like the sort of actress Godard would have cast.

More interestingly about Madeline is that it has been confirmed that she is Mr. White's daughter in the new synopsis (https://www.mi6-hq.com/sections/articles/bond-24-20150722-trailer-1?t=&s=&id=03933). It's unusual for the Bond movies to cross-reference themselves so much and it's intriguing that White's family history is going to play such a significant role in the new film. Especially considering many of us thought Jesper Christensen had been written out of the series.

What do we make of this? I think it's a nice nod for us fans but could prove polarising for casual viewers who won't be able to recall the significance of a bit-part character from two films nearly 10 years ago.

However, the synopsis does reference that being the daughter of an assassin, Swann understands Bond in ways others could not. I think this is really revealing and interesting as Madeline will able to decipher Bond as a character and understand what is going on beneath his cold exterior (not unlike Vesper) better than most. Also, it emerged in Empire's set report that Madeline is a doctor of psychiatry; this idea seems like catnip for Mendes as he has further opportunities to directly put Bond on the couch and probe further into his character. We already got a taste of this in the trailer during the train sequence. I really hope the Swann/Bond dynamic is properly fleshed out.

Furthermore, much has been made of the OHMSS overtones throughout the production of SP to the song's inclusion in the trailer and the initial poster evoking that film's final shot. But Madeline is strongly resembling Tracy, at least in a conceptional sense. They are both daughters of prominent crime figures and both look set to fall in love with 007. Also it should be mentioned that Seydoux does resemble Fleming's description of Tracy opposed to Diana Rigg's interpretation of the character.

Finally, the train sequence from the trailer obviously harkens back to FRWL/GF/CR. But for me the big reference there is Hitchcock. Hitch was obsessed with trains, often describing train travel as exotic and mysterious. Mendes made no bones during an interview with Mark Kermode on the Culture Show that Hitchcock's 'North By Northwest' was a huge influence on SF (it's one of the reasons why Bond wears a grey suit to emulate Cary Grant in the film's opening). There are definite Eva Marie Saint/Cary Grant vibes coming from Lea Seydoux and Daniel Craig in that moment.

North-by-Northwest-005.jpg

Also look at the similarity in the shot of Swann and Bond kissing in 'Spectre' and this shot from 'North By Northwest'.

North_by_Northwest_movie_trailer_screenshot_(23).jpg
  • StanKobraStanKobra Serbia
    Great post!
    To be fair how else are you going to film 2 people kissing in an enclosed compartment on a train?

That being said, NBNW's train scene is a masterclass of artful seduction and the closest the Bond series has come to capturing that interplay was in CR. Homages to Hitchcock's work is always welcome and Seydoux being in SP is a casting coup because she's an incredibly talented actress and she has a golden age beauty and sensuality to her that is omnipresent whenever she's in frame.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited July 2015 Posts: 23,883
    I'm with all recent comments regarding Seydoux. She looks better than I imagined. They were smart to withhold her from the earlier trailers, to create maximum impact later.

Even if SP is junk (which I'm sure it won't be), I'm already a fan of this film because she's in it.

Agree on the Hitchcock throwbacks as well. One can't go wrong by imitating the master. Grant/Saint on the train is the stuff of legend. I've always found trains in films quite romantic personally so I'm glad they have a scene like that here.
    Somebody got faster than me with the Madeleine/Tracy connection.
    6ae0b4975580d2131093b14019abae9d.gif
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    doubleoego wrote: »
    6ae0b4975580d2131093b14019abae9d.gif
    tumblr_n13qm3C7sE1tp3h29o1_500.gif

:D
    Lea is wearing black panties under that dress
  • chipstickschipsticks NOT on TheDanielCraigForum where they think know Daniel Craig personally and Léa and Monica are ugly
    Lea is wearing black panties under that dress

say what now?
    :-B
    Trust me, I just know...

Especially when it comes to these sorts of things.
  • chipstickschipsticks NOT on TheDanielCraigForum where they think know Daniel Craig personally and Léa and Monica are ugly
    Trust me, I just know...

Especially when it comes to these sorts of things.

care to share?
    A man's got to have his secrets ;)
    In Dec 2014 I posted wondering if Monica Bellucci was playing Tracy. It was my first ever post (and last until now I think) and It has of course been proven to be entirely wrong. At the heart of the suggestion was my love of OHMSS and the unmistakable bullet hole in a windscreen motif that is Spectre's poster. With the trailer's use of the OHMSS soundtrack, I'd like to once again think that there is something in the suggestion that Madeleine Swann is indeed a more serious love interest than most. As per Pierce2Daniel comments above. I don't think anyone is Tracy, I'm just hoping they are channeling all that was good about developing that sort of Bond woman.
    Thanks to http://the007dossier.com, we got these wonderful prints from the "SPECTRE"-girls from Loaded Magazine:

Loaded-March-2015-007-goddess-special_Page_009.jpg
    Loaded-March-2015-007-goddess-special_Page_058.jpg
    Loaded-March-2015-007-goddess-special_Page_059.jpg
    Loaded-March-2015-007-goddess-special_Page_060.jpg
    Loaded-March-2015-007-goddess-special_Page_061.jpg
    Loaded-March-2015-007-goddess-special_Page_062.jpg
    Loaded-March-2015-007-goddess-special_Page_063.jpg
    Loaded-March-2015-007-goddess-special_Page_064.jpg
    Loaded-March-2015-007-goddess-special_Page_065.jpg
    Loaded-March-2015-007-goddess-special_Page_068.jpg
    Loaded-March-2015-007-goddess-special_Page_069.jpg
    Loaded-March-2015-007-goddess-special_Page_070.jpg
    Loaded-March-2015-007-goddess-special_Page_071.jpg
    Here's the HQ picture:
    [img][/img]228071BellucciMC.jpg
  • leas_moleleas_mole love is the promise of suffering
    Vanity Fair France September 2015 issue

11947472_478680258974874_3836712878095744651_n.jpg?oh=24f2cd54effb5659802abc0d27a5cc1a&oe=5682C1E8

also bonus out-take photo from the US Vogue photoshoot

10949006_1602237050040502_2053555644_n.jpg