Lost but now found! The Unreleased Bond Music Thread!

Comments

• mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    Link updated.
    Sorry for so many posts in a row. The last one for now. @vzok:

Download link: https://mega.nz/#!oUxw2KLA!JozaCNPLPk-NJTB8uzCcQ5Qk_-kzu6kJO8MpxRwt5DY
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    @mattjoes, is it possible to get the track from FYEO where Bond finds Luigi dead in his lotus?
    Murdock wrote: »
    @mattjoes, is it possible to get the track from FYEO where Bond finds Luigi dead in his lotus?

Yes, that's what I meant, I forgot to upload that track the first time around, but I have reuploaded the RAR file and included it this time. Check the new link on the post in the previous page. Alas, the video will have to remain the same.
    mattjoes wrote: »

Yes, that's what I meant, I forgot to upload that track the first time around, but I have reuploaded the RAR file and included it this time. Check the new link on the post in the previous page. Alas, the video will have to remain the same.

I re downloaded it but still can't seem to find it. What's the track called?

How odd. It's called The Dove-Into Greece. I did download the new file myself to make sure everything was alright. Maybe it's some delay in updating the server.

I've uploaded it separately just in case. Link: https://mega.nz/#!cZQGBQDa!BoSWjIYZTU8RN1aOX8G2SwiTV7S6O1RPPuoTMYjDdWg

How odd. It's called The Dove-Into Greece. I did download the new file myself to make sure everything was alright. Maybe it's some delay in updating the server.

I've uploaded it separately just in case. Link: https://mega.nz/#!cZQGBQDa!BoSWjIYZTU8RN1aOX8G2SwiTV7S6O1RPPuoTMYjDdWg

Could be. But now I have it! Thank you very much. :)
    Sorry for so many posts in a row. The last one for now. @vzok:

Download link: https://mega.nz/#!oUxw2KLA!JozaCNPLPk-NJTB8uzCcQ5Qk_-kzu6kJO8MpxRwt5DY

latest?cb=20140813070037

Thank you! Thank you!

This was an interesting cue to transcribe, since it's so faintly heard in the film. Interesting harmonies.

In the film, the cue fades out before ending. For the sake of musical flow, I have added the most simple, most Barryesque ending I could think of. Nonetheless, I provide a download link for a "purist" version, which fades out just like in the film.

Download link (full version): https://mega.nz/#!kAoTjIKR!cl4ZFQKGTktPrICKIsybIL6i_xGuqcdBL8f1YQz41FU

Download link ("purist" version): https://mega.nz/#!dUozCSyI!B1FBArYVezWBsE8RbUeKy21Xgz_j7Lrv5nGUZ6m9TKU
    Now you are spoiling us @mattjoes
    That's fantastic @mattjoes, what soundfonts did you use?
  • edited October 2019 Posts: 17,293
    Thanks for sharing these @mattjoes! I've been looking for the Albania track from FYEO for quite some time.
    Thanks for sharing these @mattjoes! I've been looking for the Albania track from FYEO for quite some time.

Whereabouts does that track feature in FYEO?
    vzok wrote: »

Just as Bond, Columbo and Columbo's men are about to raid the warehouse. It's a very short track, but also one of my favourites from the score.

Just as Bond, Columbo and Columbo's men are about to raid the warehouse. It's a very short track, but also one of my favourites from the score.

Thanks
    edited October 2019 Posts: 6,730
    Thank you all.

what soundfonts did you use?
    This was made using two libraries: Spitfire Symphonic Brass (for the subtle horns featured in the piece) and Spitfire Symphonic Strings (for everything else).

I love the strings/woodwinds in that piece. Very evocative of the James Bond theme.

Thanks

No problem!

I love the strings/woodwinds in that piece. Very evocative of the James Bond theme.

I love those too. I also like the - what can you call it - "mysterious" start of the track. Fits the scene perfectly.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    You're all doing the Lord's work in this thread, folks. Thank you so very much.
    Hum, did somebody know if the "religious" music of the speach of prof. Joe Butcher (LTK) is findable somewhere ?
    Hum, did somebody know if the "religious" music of the speach of prof. Joe Butcher (LTK) is findable somewhere ?

Is it this one?

• mtmmtm United Kingdom
    'Korean Caddy' would make a great ringtone :)
    mtm wrote: »
    'Korean Caddy' would make a great ringtone :)

Then, when you answered the phone, you could go "AH-AH!".
    @mattjoes - thanks for more Goldfinger goodness.
    Wow! I really should visit back more often! all my christmases have come at once :)

Thank you so much @mattjoes and others.
    Time to get building that Goldfinger ultimate playlist.

John Barry's pulls his own tongue in cheek move with 'The best place in town' cue. Admittedly I didn't make the connection until later years lol. The 4 bonks...I mean honks sounded more subtle in your version, less oomph than I thought it had but I was streaming from youtube at the time. Its just a memorable bit to me for that reason.

I also noticed you streamed some re-recorded versions of DAF, WHATTITW & Try....where did they appear from?

RE. That DAF end title snippet - The original special edition DVD had french/german and spanish mono tracks in some countries. Long shot but I wonder if that would be the original dub?

@mattjoes - thanks for more Goldfinger goodness.
    You're welcome, @vzok!

@grunther:
    grunther wrote: »
    John Barry's pulls his own tongue in cheek move with 'The best place in town' cue. Admittedly I didn't make the connection until later years lol. The 4 bonks...I mean honks sounded more subtle in your version, less oomph than I thought it had but I was streaming from youtube at the time. Its just a memorable bit to me for that reason.
    Haha, you've got a point there regarding the muted bass trombone! It's like with the muted trumpet in DAF's Plenty, Then Tiffany, which someone said sounded like kisses.

The reason for a relative lack of oomph in my version might be that I had to apply some dynamic EQ, to try and imitate the "shape" of the trombone notes as played in the original, and in the process I reduced some of the treble frequencies.

I also noticed you streamed some re-recorded versions of DAF, WHATTITW & Try....where did they appear from?
    The version of Try first appeared in the 1970 album Ready When You Are, J.B. The other two were originally released as B-sides of certain singles, I believe. They were released under the Polydor label, with which John Barry signed in the early seventies. These re-arrangements were all done by Barry, of course, and DAF and WHATTITW were given the "Persuaders" treatment-- all synths and European string instruments. They have been included in some Barry compilation albums since, such as this one and this one.

There are several Barry pieces that were arranged (or re-arranged) in that distinctive Persuaders style. DAF, WHATTITW, This Way Mary (from Mary Queen of Scots), Orson Welles' Great Mysteries, Play It Again (from The Tamarind Seed), The Adventurer and of course The Persuaders.

RE. That DAF end title snippet - The original special edition DVD had french/german and spanish mono tracks in some countries. Long shot but I wonder if that would be the original dub?
    Unfortunately, no. I own the special edition DVD, and it doesn't include the original dub. I even doubt it's ever been included on a home video release. It was probably done for TV broadcasts.
  • edited November 2019 Posts: 17,293
    The version of Try first appeared in the 1970 album Ready When You Are, J.B. The other two were originally released as B-sides of certain singles, I believe. They were released under the Polydor label, with which John Barry signed in the early seventies.
    That late? I have a couple Polydor vinyl singles (both blue vinyl) from the early 60's where John Barry & His Orchestra appear.

Edit: Never mind, it was Parlophone not Polydor!
    The version of Try first appeared in the 1970 album Ready When You Are, J.B. The other two were originally released as B-sides of certain singles, I believe. They were released under the Polydor label, with which John Barry signed in the early seventies.
    That late? I have a couple Polydor vinyl singles (both blue vinyl) from the early 60's where John Barry & His Orchestra appear.

Edit: Never mind, it was Parlophone not Polydor!

Oh, okay!