Batman

Comments

I thought it was going to be called The DaredevilSuperbatman

20120721150349hollywoodland.png

landscape-1458604625-fotorcreated.jpg

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    That s right Ben has been three super heroes.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    edited October 2016 Posts: 16,331
    William Shatner is voicing Two-Face in Batman return of the caped crusaders's sequel! Batman vs Two-Face. (Sorry for my original error)
    gallery-1475853775-two-face-dc-artwork.jpg

http://www.digitalspy.com/movies/batman/news/a810341/star-treks-william-shatner-will-play-two-face-in-a-new-batman-movie/
    Murdock wrote: »
    Perfect casting.
    He looks like a young Shatner in that pic. I mean the perfect half does.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Shatner will be so proud you called that half "perfect".
    Using that pic as inspiration, I made this mockup of Shatner if he actually was Two-Face on the Original Adam West Batman show.

zQdP7ih.jpg
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited October 2016 Posts: 28,694
    Brilliant, @Murdock! Spitting image of that animated design, my friend. :)

I can just hear Shatner now, in his overacting way...

"I've....uncovered a truth, Batman. In a world of...utter, utter chaos...it is the coin that rules all. Fairness, above all....is the only solution to a world teetering on the brink of....disaster."

Hopefully they let Shatner shout at Adam's Batman in the same manner he shouted "KHANNNN!" all those years ago. ;)
    Thanks Brady. I'm certainly excited. And I'm glad Return of the Caped Crusaders isn't going to be a one off movie either. It's nice to get more classic Batman. :)
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    It's certainly nice to get more light-hearted stuff with Batman that connects with days of old and the classic TV show, which has it's place with all the rest. I like that it's fun and doesn't take itself so seriously. In this world, that is needed from time to time, and it's great to see so much of the original cast returning.
    Agreed. The world needs some more lighthearted fun over endless amounts of dark and gritty films. There is room for both.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    I can't WAIT for the new West/Ward/Newmar animated movie!!! Nov. 1st I will GET IT!
    edited October 2016 Posts: 23,559
    I've tried to put together a list of all the animated films that have ever featured Batman, omitting the LEGO stuff. I ordered the films alphabetically. Always wanting to make sure, I'd love to have you guys check it out and tell me if I'm missing a film here.

Batman & Mr.Freeze : SubZero
    Batman : The Dark Knight Returns Pt. 1
    Batman : The Dark Knight Returns Pt. 2
    Batman : Under the Red Hood
    Batman : Year One
    Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker
    Batman Unlimited: Animal Instincts
    Batman Unlimited: Mechs vs Mutants
    Batman Unlimited: Monster Mayhem
    Batman vs Robin
    Batman: Assault on Arkham
    Batman: Bad Blood
    Batman: Gotham Knight
    Batman: Mask of the Phantasm
    Batman: Return of the Caped Crusaders
    Batman: The Killing Joke
    JLA Adventures: Trapped in Time
    Justice League vs Teen Titans
    Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths
    Justice League: Doom
    Justice League: Gods and Monsters
    Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox
    Justice League: The New Frontier
    Justice League: Throne of Atlantis
    Justice League: War
    Mystery of the Batwoman
    Son of Batman
    Superman / Batman Apocalypse
    Superman / Batman Public Enemies
    The Batman / Superman Movie: World's Finest
    The Batman vs Dracula

EDIT
    Ordered by year and including the live action ones:
    1966 Batman
    1989 Batman
    1992 Batman Returns
    1993 Batman: Mask of the Phantasm
    1995 Batman Forever
    1997 The Batman / Superman Movie: World's Finest
    1997 Batman & Robin
    1998 Batman & Mr.Freeze : SubZero
    2000 Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker
    2003 Mystery of the Batwoman
    2005 The Batman vs Dracula
    2005 Batman Begins
    2008 Batman: Gotham Knight
    2008 Justice League: The New Frontier
    2008 The Dark Knight
    2009 Superman / Batman Public Enemies
    2010 Batman : Under the Red Hood
    2010 Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths
    2010 Superman / Batman Apocalypse
    2011 Batman : Year One
    2012 Batman : The Dark Knight Returns Pt. 1
    2012 Justice League: Doom
    2012 The Dark Knight Rises
    2013 Batman : The Dark Knight Returns Pt. 2
    2013 Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox
    2014 Batman: Assault on Arkham
    2014 JLA Adventures: Trapped in Time
    2014 Justice League: War
    2014 Son of Batman
    2015 Batman Unlimited: Animal Instincts
    2015 Batman Unlimited: Monster Mayhem
    2015 Batman vs Robin
    2015 Justice League: Gods and Monsters
    2015 Justice League: Throne of Atlantis
    2016 Batman Unlimited: Mechs vs Mutants
    2016 Batman: Bad Blood
    2016 Batman: Return of the Caped Crusaders
    2016 Batman: The Killing Joke
    2016 Justice League vs Teen Titans
    2016 Batman v Superman: Dawn Of Justice
    2016 Suicide Squad

These should be all the WB movies which feature Batman in some shape or form, not including the LEGO film. Is this list complete?
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    edited October 2016 Posts: 9,020
    Looks good @DarthDimi

Furthermore he appears in the animated TV-Shows Teen Titans Go and Young Justice, besides his 6 solo shows.

BUT

you forgot the best of them all!!

from 1972
    full.jpg
    The upcoming Batman/Harley Quinn film:

I don't know how to feel about this one. It's great to see them trying to do a similar animation to the last season of Batman: The Animated Series, just as it's great to hear Kevin as Batman with his original Robin from 1992, but the story doesn't really engage me in the way I'd hoped. The very stiff and dull animation that marks so many WB animations also returns, when it could've been an opportunity for the visuals to match the more noir-like Fleischer style that BTAS had before its last minute redesign with the emphasis on angles and minimalist design. I really don't enjoy this style, but at least in the show it was polished. Here it's very stiff and wonky, and things feel off.

I like the idea of returning to the roots of DC animated with the show that basically birthed the division in 1992, but this wasn't the route I'd enjoy seeing. I'd love to see modern films that were done to match the exact style of the early 90s designs, where the animation felt more polished and atmospheric and where the scripts, like the show, told very mature crime tales with an emphasis on Batman being a detective. Kevin Conroy would also have to voice Batman, no other choice could be made. WB seem to be making a lot of more adult films lately, so why not use the show that many call the greatest animated series of all time (including myself) to give it a rebirth with even more mature story lines than were possible in the 90s?
    That is kids stuff.
    I'm not sure I agree. Bruce Timm obviously likes to keep Harley close to the original design of the character which he and Paul Dini are responsible for. I for one don't mind a bit of 'goofy' Harl in the tradition of the old animated series. Furthermore, I think the fan love that still exists for that jewel of the 90s is precisely what set Timm and others on this path. Either way, my enthusiasm isn't the least bit damaged by this trailer. :) It's playful, even a little sexy. I'm in for it.
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    I'm not sure I agree. Bruce Timm obviously likes to keep Harley close to the original design of the character which he and Paul Dini are responsible for. I for one don't mind a bit of 'goofy' Harl in the tradition of the old animated series. Furthermore, I think the fan love that still exists for that jewel of the 90s is precisely what set Timm and others on this path. Either way, my enthusiasm isn't the least bit damaged by this trailer. :) It's playful, even a little sexy. I'm in for it.

I think Timm is a bit too focused on the sex these days, and maybe that's always been his thing judging by his character designs. I just think these projects work better with Dini at the head, as he was the heart of the team and always has been. With Dini on board, The Killing Joke's first half wouldn't have gone through.
    That I agree with, @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7! Dini wouldn't have gone for the sex in such a straight up fashion. A bit like Bond: sexy without sex--well, a little less than Bond even. Just sexy. Concerning The Killing Joke, I think
    Batgirl riding Batman

was a huge mistake. I got a little aroused, but angry at the same time. ;-)
    edited April 2017 Posts: 28,694
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    That I agree with, @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7! Dini wouldn't have gone for the sex in such a straight up fashion. A bit like Bond: sexy without sex--well, a little less than Bond even. Just sexy. Concerning The Killing Joke, I think
    Batgirl riding Batman

was a huge mistake. I got a little aroused, but angry at the same time. ;-)

It's just a very creepy idea, really, and something Batman would never do. Not only because it's the super young daughter of his good friend who he shares a massive age gap with, but also because he's trained himself to be disciplined and in control of carnal desires that would fog his mind. It's such an un-Batman thing to do, in every way.

And the way Barbara was written was horrid. She's characterized as a lovesick puppy that fawns over Batman and only does the job to get in his pants, when the real Batgirl actually liked helping. Then, the moment Barbara feels upset about what happened, she quits the job and just moves on, choosing her own problems over that of the entire city. Even when she was shot and crippled, our Batgirl still got back up and decided to help. She didn't crawl into a corner and mope like this one did, complaining about a problem she created for herself (Batman certainly didn't initiate what we saw).

So I can see why The Killing Joke left a bad taste for so many. Timm and co. took a Joker story and made it a Batgirl one, and not even a good one at that that really disgraced who she was at a fundamental level and made her eye candy on top of it. It's sometimes a test to see who's being more misogynistic or degrading at times, the animators and writers, or the actual characters picking on Barbara for her body and gender in the film itself. All the other stuff the team failed to realized successfully, including the final dialogue between Batman that comes off as wooden and tensionless, just sank the whole thing further.

I really like Timm; he's one of my biggest art inspirations and he has some good work to his name. But he's not a storyteller in the league that Paul Dini is.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited May 2017 Posts: 4,446
    When people think Warner/ Nolan will start with there new trilogy/The dark knight returns.

Sugestion for actor if Bale not whant to return

Jonathan Howard. English.

http://m.imdb.com/name/nm1401022/

s-l500.jpg

After i watched Dark Knight Rises i get idea we wil get Nolan his Batman Returns, Batman & Robin and Batman Forever. Possible Batman returns and Batman & Robin in one movie, another movie in between (to bring the joker back ?) and end with his Batman Forever.

Batman Returns = The Dark Knight Returns
    Batman & Robin = alternate / new alternatief ??
    Batman Forever = Dark Knight Forever

2022: 30 years after Batman Returns.
    2026: Because there dont give a dam about Batman & Robin and there can let us wait another 4 years for no reasen like time between TDK and TDKR.
    2030: 35 years after Batman Forever / 25 years after Batman Begins / 15 years after TDKR.
    I think Balje has access to a different Batman universe than I. ;-)

Anyway, here's something I stumbled upon that I find rather interesting:
    barry-allen-damn-it-barry.jpg
    two articles I want to share

http://www.cbr.com/batman-15-versions-way-cooler-than-bruce-wayne/

http://screenrant.com/batman-quits-comic-watchmen/

now I know many here don't read comics but I do enjoy seeing others besides Bruce Wayne as Batman Jim Gordon as Batman was poorly written but a cool idea Dick as batman was fantasic I enjoy Batman beyond and I might pick up Forever Evil just to see Bane as Batman

so if Bruce is retireing yet again who should be Batman next?

I can think of a few potentials to get the ball rolling

1. Dick Grayson (again) I think he could be a really cool Batman and I enjoyed him as batman last time

2. Jim Gordon (again) as said if it was better written I could see Jim doing a good job

3. Alfred: because why not let him have a turn lol

Apart from the obvious 3 I could go with either Tim Drake or Jason Todd for a turn.
    I have not read those stories, but it sounds like an awful idea.
    No matter how open-minded I always try to be, I'd never be able to be completely cool with a non-Bruce Wayne Batman.
    Only time a none Bruce Batman worked was Thomas Wayne as Batman in Flashpoint
    They did something similar with Spiderman. Have not read that either, but again: Awful idea.
    edited May 2017 Posts: 28,694
    This is why I despise modern comics, among many reasons. Always the endless cycle of the same ideas.

It's either, "This hero doesn't want to be a hero any more, who will fill their place?" or the most common, "In an act of sacrifice, this hero will die in the next issue!" Always followed up a couple of months or a year later with the reveal that, "The hero wasn't really dead all along!"

The Batman I want to see is Bruce Wayne. Because he's Batman.
    I am ok with it as a one-off alternative what if-story. Other than that , it is the same as seeing Tanner/Kinnear as the new Agent 007. Just dreadful.