Last Movie you Watched?

Comments

• LucknFateLucknFate 007 In New York
    Mallory wrote: »
    I am doing a Bad Boys rewatch ahead of the fourth one, and they're all on Netflix UK at the moment.

Really enjoyed the first one, the action is more limited but this is made up for with the buddy cop dynamic, worked really well and had a great score. The "Bay-isms" arent as pronounced in this one. Plus, it has Tchéky Karyo (of Goldeneye) as the villain, which is neat.

Conversely, really didnt enjoy Bad Boys II. Its the exact opposite in too much overblown action, a wafer thin plot, and this drowned out a lot of the buddy cop dynamic which I quite enjoy between Smith and Lawrence. The score wasn't as good and some of the editing choices gave me a bit of a headache. Plus it's way too long at 2hr 20. A disappointing follow up.

Looking forward to Bad Boys for Life, I havent seen it since the cinema but remember it being a better balance between the action and comedy bits.

I'm one to love BBII. I think it plays with the buddy cop dynamic by threatening to break them up, which is fun for me. Plus it's just so quotable, and some incredible CGI/effects work.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Mallory wrote: »
    I am doing a Bad Boys rewatch ahead of the fourth one, and they're all on Netflix UK at the moment.

Really enjoyed the first one, the action is more limited but this is made up for with the buddy cop dynamic, worked really well and had a great score. The "Bay-isms" arent as pronounced in this one. Plus, it has Tchéky Karyo (of Goldeneye) as the villain, which is neat.

Conversely, really didnt enjoy Bad Boys II. Its the exact opposite in too much overblown action, a wafer thin plot, and this drowned out a lot of the buddy cop dynamic which I quite enjoy between Smith and Lawrence. The score wasn't as good and some of the editing choices gave me a bit of a headache. Plus it's way too long at 2hr 20. A disappointing follow up.

Looking forward to Bad Boys for Life, I havent seen it since the cinema but remember it being a better balance between the action and comedy bits.

That's a shame, Bad Boys II is some damn good early '00s action. Bay strikes a perfect balance between grit and humor, intensity and charm. I didn't like the third one all that much but the first one is good for some laughs and a couple of solid action moments.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Bad Boys is a fine action flick. Bad Boys 2 is pretty cringe overall, with a couple cool scenes. I loved BB4Life.
    The action is the juice for me, which is why I dig II so much. The first is a bit lighter on this front but the immediate chemistry between Smith and Lawrence, along with the humor, makes it a worthy rewatch once or twice a decade.

The third one leaned too heavily into mediocre humor, an unnecessarily younger tag-along host of good guys, and those painful retcons to the past to craft a new storyline. I did get a really, really big laugh though out of Marcus being "called and summoned" to that gnarly head wound though. It was so ridiculously stupid but I had tears in my eyes from laughing at it.
  • DwayneDwayne New York City
    edited May 30 Posts: 2,712
    Gerard wrote: »

Second, it's really hard to get the DVDs that are missing from my Godzilla collection : They are either too expansive, or on sites that don't deliver to France (unless I missed a line. Funny thing, they deliver in French overseas territories). Let's hope I manage to find them someday.

If I may ask @Gerard, which titles are you missing?

Interestingly, for Godzilla's 70th anniversary, Toho is taking a page out of the EON playbook and re-releasing all of the films to theaters (between July and November) ..... in Japan only. Unlike the situation with Bond's 60th, however, many independent theaters here in the US seem to be scheduling various mini "Godzilla-thons" in the months ahead. I will post a partial list over on the Godzilla thread for US based fans of the series.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    mattjoes wrote: »
    Inquisition (1976)
    APIUysjKvtbVaic3DTCFId4RfwD_5GsS-iknlQlsEWMHpnDKjTVJmE0ThcEaql3ST3VLT23AjBEeb07yydzU0g=s1600
    A Spanish-Italian co production, was also a landmark for Señor Molina, as his first triple threat, and his directorial debut.

Chief Inquisitor Bernard de Fossey (Naschy) is travelling across plague ravaged Medieval France, with his two assistants, stopping at the village of Peryac. The three like indulging in good wholesome activities such as seeking out and destroying Witchcraft. The Mayor of Peryac put the three up at his home, leading to de Fossey falling for the Mayor's eldest daughter, Catherine. Catherine, meanwhile, is in love with Jean. When Jean is killed outside the village by bandits, Catherine suspects de Fossey, and makes a bargain with Satan to avenge Jean's murder. While paranoia grips the village, and people start turning on their loved ones, de Fossey, when he isn't torturing "confessions" out of innocents, struggles to carry out his work, when he is besotted with Catherine.

Several methods of torture are shown, all of which we heavily researched by Naschy, but only one caused me to wince. Even thinking about it now... oof. And as a welcome bonus, Julia Saly shows up playing Catherine's younger sister. Over the next few years, she would appear in a handful of Naschy's films.

See this if you liked: The Witchfinder General, Mark Of The Devil, or The Devils

1. Panic Beats (1983)
    2. Night Of The Werewolf (1981)
    3. Werewolf Shadow (1971)
    4. Human Beasts (1980)
    5. Horror Rises From The Tomb (1973)
    6. Crimson (1976)
    7. The Beast And The Magic Sword (1983)
    ***8. Inquisition (1976)***
    9. The Howl Of The Devil (1988)
    10. Night Of The Executioner (1992)
    11. Dr. Jekyll vs. The Werewolf (1972)
    12. Frankenstein's Bloody Terror (1968)
    13. Blue Eyes Of The Broken Doll (1973)
    14. Exorcismo (1975)
    15. Vengeance Of The Zombies (1973)
    16. Count Dracula's Great Love (1973)
    17. Hunchback Of The Morgue (1972)
    18. 7 Murders for Scotland Yard (1972)
    19. Fury Of The Wolfman (1970)

Sounds great. Made me think of Mark of the Devil (which admittedly I haven't seen either). One of these days I'll end up watching one of these Naschy movies for sure.

If EuroHorror is your thing, do it. Start with Night Of The Werewolf, if you like it, go from there.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited June 7 Posts: 4,489
    So far in 2024:

BD:

Red Sparrow (2018) 8/10
    How to Train Your Dragon (2010) 8/10
    Tomb Raider (2018) in 3D. 7.5/10. Disapointed a litle bit that for biggest part re-making plot of 2001 movie. Water swimming was amazing, but again there should done more with treasure hunt. But good enough for me stil wanted a sequel who sadley not happing and i already know that before watching.
    The Accountant (2016) 7/10
    Bad Times at the El Royale (2018) 8/10
    Secret in Their Eyes (2015) 7.5/10
    The Debt (2010) 8/10
    The Commuter (2018) 8/10
    ParaNorman (2012) in 3D 7/10
    Rango (2011) 7/10. Longer version of the movie.
    The Lorax (2012) in 3D. 8/10
    Whiplash (2014) 8/10
    The Jungle Book (2016) in 3D. 8/10. I enjoy it more then The Lion King 2019 who watched in cinema's back then. If there is complane then i get idea i missing more scene's with the snake.
    Bumblebee (2018) 8/10
    Black Mass (2015) 7/10
    How to Train Your Dragon 2 (2014) in 3D. 8/10. Live action version of this movie wil mabey even better, some scene's scream Avatar.
    Closed Circuit (2013) 6/10
    The Hunt (2020) 7/10

DVD:
    No Reservations (2007) 8/10
    The Good Shepherd (2006) 7/10

TV:
    The Last Duel (2021) 7/10
    See for Me (2021) 6.5/10
    211 (2018) 7/10
    Nerve (2016) 6.5/10
    Terminator: Dark Fate (2019) 7/10
    Den of Thieves (2018) 7/10
    Acts of Vengeance (2017) 7/10
    Wonder Woman (2017) Re-watch and i like it more this time. 7/10

Wonder Woman 1984 (2020) 7.5/10.

I enjoyed this a lot more then expect and even more then Tomb Raider 2018. In the beginning there show her young version again, what possible be filmed when there film the first movie. Nice remember as part of who she was, but that's it.

Also there don't explain how she end in 1984. But as 80's Dutch born it fun to see some Robocop/Total Recall moments. The movie takes time to build and this made movie mabey a bit to long. Under rated and misunderstand. Shame not going to be 3th movie.

Movie never get change in Dutch cinema's because of Corona and go straight to DVD and 4K. Bluray has bad audio so a very good reasen why i watch it on tv.

The Ice Road (2021) 7/10
    Snake Eyes: G.I. Joe Origins (2020) 6.5/10
    Sleepless (2017) 7/10
    The Hitman’s Bodyguard (2017) Re-watch 8/10
    Hitman’s Wife’s Bodyguard (2021) 7/10
    American Assassin (2017) 7/10
    A Monster Calls (2016) 7/10
    Bad Boys (1995) Re-watch 8/10. This movie remind me that we realy should get the credits back at start of movie's.
    A Ring by Spring (2014) 6/10
    Bad Boys II (2003) Re-watch, whyle iam not sjure i complete whole movie because camera style with dark blue filter (remember me filter of DAD/Tomb Raider 2) and flashy lights mixed with are very heavy. 7.5/10. Funny that name of 3th movie (will watch it soon..) and sort of title of 4th movie are credit on a paper in the movie.
    Rogue (2020) 7/10
    Last Knights (2015) 7/10

Total count of movie's so far in first 5 months of 2024: 41.

Jan: 6
    Feb: 9
    March: 4
    April: 8
    May: 14

BD: 18
    DVD: 2
    TV: 21
    If I may ask @Gerard, which titles are you missing?

Here they are, in order chronological :

Destroy all Monsters

Godzilla Vs. Hedorah

Godzilla Vs. Gigan

Godzilla 2000 : Millenium

Godzilla Vs. Megaguirus

Godzilla Against Mechagodzilla

Godzilla, Mothra And King Ghidorah: Giant Monsters All-Out Attack

Godzilla : Tokyo S.O.S.

According to the prices I've seen on Amazon, Godzilla Vs. Gigan might be the most difficult to get.

Now, I'll get on the Godzilla thread for some bit of good news.
    @Gerald. One result of Criterion acquiring the rights to the Showa era titles in 2019, is that the individual films haven't been available for purchase except on the secondary market for some time (i.e., out of print and expensive). Luckily in the US, at-least, those titles are fairly easy to find on various streaming services. I don't know, however, what the streaming options are in your area.

The Millenium era titles should be available. For example, the official US Godzilla store is selling "THE TOHO GODZILLA COLLECTION: VOLUME 2 DVD" - which contains all of those titles - for around $40.00 USD.

Trust me, you are not the first person, to face this issue! Mostly, it is due to the rather haphazard manner in which Toho has licensed these titles outside of Japan over the years. As a last resort, you could always import them from a Japanese retailer, but then you would have to contend with a lack of subtitles. There are work arounds for this, but they require some effort and/or additional expense. (I, and apparently many others, went this route for GODZILLA: MINUS ONE BTW).

The Wild and the Willing

What a shockingly great film! I love these off the wall, completely buried and lost to time films that I stumble across and wind up super impressed by. I wanted to dig into more of Ian McShane's film work, since Deadwood is my all-time favorite TV series and I even loved his quiet character study/assassin film American Star earlier this year, and started with this film, a lead role for him in his feature film debut. He's icy cool in it, with a bad attitude to boot, and has real camaraderie and friendship with the rest of the cast. Bonus points go to the baby-faced John Hurt in this too, who factors heavily into the finale. Really great time, and a great cast too.
  • rock223rock223 Isenburg
    Initiation
    Extraordinary motion picture. Leonardo DiCaprio was, as continuously, unimaginable. But Joseph Gordon-Levitt truly shone in his part.

Accept it or not, I had never seen a sci-fi thriller like Initiation some time recently. I completely adored it, and it instantly made me need to investigate more movies within the class! So I got a few DVDs and observed:

Christopher Nolan's:
    The Dim Knight Set of three
    Aka, Batman Starts, The Dim Knight, and The Dim Knight Rises. Astonishing movies! The narrating, the air, the characters, the performing artists. Everything. And unnecessary to say, Heath Ledger's Joker is completely notorious! All three are unquestionably on my beat movies list.

Interstellar
    Another showstopper by Christopher Nolan. Phenomenal! The visuals, the soundtrack by Hans Zimmer, and the thought-provoking plot are all exceptional.

Following on the list is Token, and after that a few classic sci-fi like Edge Runner. Can't hold up to see them.
    Quest for Fire (1981)
    Though coming out in a busy year, this film passed me by! Helmed by Jean-Jacques Annaud, with special language by Anthony Burgess and body language by Desmond Morris ( the 'making of' documentary is fascinating!) It tries valiantly to depict the life of man 80,000 years ago, and the desperate attempts to harvest and keep fire.
    Everett McGill ( a long way away from "old buddy' Killifer from LTK!) and the wonderful Ron (Hellboy) Perlman ( who didn't require much makeup to turn him into a neanderthal! 😂) are two of our leads who set out to recover the precious fire after losing it to rivals, they encounter sabre tooth ( well denture toothed!!) Tigers and woolly mammoths ( elephants in fur coats!) And some bizarre other Tribes, also picking up long the way, the lovely Rae Dawn Chong (Commando) who spends most of the movie in just body paint! I have to say I found it very entertaining, and quite intrigued the lengths the film makers go to be authentic!
    The Faculty (1998). I saw bits of the ending of the movie a long time ago when I was too young for it, and just now finally rediscovered it and watched it in full. This movie is like a hybrid of John Carpenter’s The Thing and Wes Craven’s Scream. It’s nostalgic-feeling for someone who grew up primarily on 90s and 00s culture as well. Had a lot of fun it! I can tell the actors all did as well.
    Still on a Godzilla binge here, this time with Godzilla Vs. MechaGodzilla II (not to be confused with Godzilla Vs. MechaGodzilla or Godzilla Against MechaGodzilla; not much imagination here).

s-l1200.webp

Pretty much a middle of the road Godzilla entry. Nice fights, and nice to see Rodan (the first japanese monster I saw way back when when I was a kid) back. But not much else, really.
    Opening Night

I think I feel comfortable now in considering Gena Rowlands to be the greatest actress I've ever had the pleasure of watching. This film is suffocating anxiety overload and she nails every single second of it. I didn't love it nearly as much as A Woman Under The Influence, but wow, is she one breathtaking performer. Her love and collaboration for and with Cassavetes is such a special bond we're likely to never see again.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Godzilla Minus One (2023)
    9f4ac1d5f3de501d510acb4c0608c21ab22901cf.gifv
    The rampage scenes didn't disappoint, but I was surprised at the human element.

Taxi (1998)
    Taxi-1998-Movie-Scene-17.jpg
    I had forgotten about how fun this film was.

Rise Of The Footsoldier: Vengeance (2023)
    RiseofFootsoldierVengeancePostTW2.jpg
    Craig Fairbrass beats seven shades of sherbet out of people, in between dropping c-bombs like they're going out of fashion (though to be fair, he's very credible at both). I am vaguely familiar with the story of Pat Tate, but I don't think he lived as long as his fictional counterpart.
    @MajorDSmythe
    How do you rank the French Taxi versus the American one? Personally, I think nothing beats the 1998 film.
    L'innocente

It dives into some soap opera extremes at times, which makes the darkness of the final half hour a little underwhelming, but it was delightful seeing our very own Giancarlo Giannini in his prime as an urbane womanizer torn between the two women in his life who simultaneously have prospects of their own due to his indecisive nature. Great costumes and sets and performances, even when the story is a little lacking.
    @DarthDimi I've never seen the remake, but I find Jimmy Fallon to be painfully unfunny. And... frankly, I would rather just avoid watching him in anything.

As a long time Godzilla fan (starting at age 7), I'm beyond thrilled about how well this film has been received. As I believe I mentioned over in the Godzilla thread, the narrative of GODZILLA: MINUS ONE really affected me. And as you alluded to, it was the human characters in the film that really got to me. Not since SKYFALL back in 2012, has my love for a film franchise been so totally reinforced.

If nothing else, it proves that just because a film franchise is old (and only Bond comes close), doesn't mean there aren't additional stories to be told. And, while several of the individual plot points in GODZILLA: MINUS ONE have been touched on in prior films, the manner in which Director/Screenwriter (and also VFX lead) Takashi Yamazaki constructed the story was no less than masterful IMO.

PS: If I read the news stories surrounding its' streaming release correctly, GODZILLA: MINUS ONE is the first film to hit #1 on Netflix and Apple at the same time.
    @DarthDimi I've never seen the remake, but I find Jimmy Fallon to be painfully unfunny. And... frankly, I would rather just avoid watching him in anything.

@MajorDSmythe
    I had forgotten about Fallon. Wow. Shows you what little impact that remake had on me. I have, to be honest, only seen the first French film, never its sequels. I distinctly remember being captivated by a very young Marion Cotillard. Perhaps I should give the sequels a try someday.
    Dwayne wrote: »

As a long time Godzilla fan (starting at age 7), I'm beyond thrilled about how well this film has been received. As I believe I mentioned over in the Godzilla thread, the narrative of GODZILLA: MINUS ONE really affected me. And as you alluded to, it was the human characters in the film that really got to me. Not since SKYFALL back in 2012, has my love for a film franchise been so totally reinforced.

If nothing else, it proves that just because a film franchise is old (and only Bond comes close), doesn't mean there aren't additional stories to be told. And, while several of the individual plot points in GODZILLA: MINUS ONE have been touched on in prior films, the manner in which Director/Screenwriter (and also VFX lead) Takashi Yamazaki constructed the story was no less than masterful IMO.

PS: If I read the news stories surrounding its' streaming release correctly, GODZILLA: MINUS ONE is the first film to hit #1 on Netflix and Apple at the same time.

Not being a Godzilla fan, though I have seen a handful of the films, a lot of that goes over my head. It's there's going to be another one in a similar vein, a sequel would be even better, then I would definitely keep an eye out for it.

Being a big fan of Yakuza 0, I couldn't hear the name Tachibana, and not suffer emotional flashbacks. :((
    DarthDimi wrote: »

@MajorDSmythe
    I had forgotten about Fallon. Wow. Shows you what little impact that remake had on me. I have, to be honest, only seen the first French film, never its sequels. I distinctly remember being captivated by a very young Marion Cotillard. Perhaps I should give the sequels a try someday.

I have seen the first two sequels, but not recently.
    edited June 5 Posts: 2,712
    As for a sequel @MajorDSmythe, there is no word at this point. For the record, Toho officials were quoted several months ago as stating that they would not "rush" into the next live-action Godzilla film. In fact, the director's next project has already been announced - and it will not be a Godzilla film.

The prior live-action movie from Toho - the excellent SHIN GODZILLA BTW - came out in July 2016, and given the ending, a sequel looked all but certain. Several years later, however, Toho announced that they had decided to go in another direction and would take their time. Of course, that opened things up for GODZILLA: MINUS ONE to happen. But that meant seven years between releases (and you thought EON was slow!). Of course, things could change, but I wouldn't bet the house on a sequel happening for a couple of years - at-least.

The situation is also complicated by Toho's agreement with WB/Legendary Pictures not to release competing Godzilla films.
    For a long time I've considered the 1970s to be the best decade in film history, and I thought it'd be a lot of fun to compile a personal Top 50 list and share it here! Of course, it was difficult to leave out many other great movies that I've seen and loved, but the point is to narrow it down to the absolute favorites. I might do a Top 50 list for the 1980s and 1990s later as well, as those are all my favorite eras of film together. Anyways, sorted by year, my Top 50 1970s films:

1. Five Easy Pieces (1970)
    2. Scrooge (1970)
    3. The French Connection (1971)
    4. Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory (1971)
    5. Duel (1971)
    6. The Devils (1971)
    7. A Clockwork Orange (1971)
    8. The Godfather (1972)
    9. Sisters (1972)
    10. The Sting (1973)
    11. The Wicker Man (1973)
    12. Live and Let Die (1973)
    13. Enter the Dragon (1973)
    14. Robin Hood (1973)
    15. Mean Streets (1973)
    16. The Exorcist (1973)
    17. Black Christmas (1974)
    18. Blazing Saddles (1974)
    19. The Conversation (1974)
    20. The Godfather Part II (1974)
    21. The Texas Chain Saw Massacre (1974)
    22. Chinatown (1974)
    23. Picnic at Hanging Rock (1975)
    24. One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975)
    25. Jaws (1975)
    26. The Rocky Horror Picture Show (1975)
    27. Barry Lyndon (1975)
    28. Tommy (1975)
    29. The Omen (1976)
    30. Obsession (1976)
    31. The Tenant (1976)
    32. Taxi Driver (1976)
    33. Assault on Precinct 13 (1976)
    34. Carrie (1976)
    35. Rocky (1976)
    36. Star Wars (1977)
    37. Suspiria (1977)
    38. The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh (1977)
    39. The Hills Have Eyes (1977)
    40. The Spy Who Loved Me (1977)
    41. Close Encounters of the Third Kind (1977)
    42. Eraserhead (1977)
    43. Halloween (1978)
    44. Superman (1978)
    45. Magic (1978)
    46. Lupin III: The Castle of Cagliostro (1979)
    47. Phantasm (1979)
    48. Real Life (1979)
    49. Alien (1979)
    50. Apocalypse Now (1979)
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    L'innocente

It dives into some soap opera extremes at times, which makes the darkness of the final half hour a little underwhelming, but it was delightful seeing our very own Giancarlo Giannini in his prime as an urbane womanizer torn between the two women in his life who simultaneously have prospects of their own due to his indecisive nature. Great costumes and sets and performances, even when the story is a little lacking.

I love this film! Perhaps the story isn't grounbreaking but the atmosphere and the acting more than make up for it in my book :)
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    @MajorDSmythe
    How do you rank the French Taxi versus the American one? Personally, I think nothing beats the 1998 film.

That's usually the case imo, and here as well. I quite like the original Taxi too. I think I saw the second one as well, though not sure.
    @GoldenGun, they really did. I was hoping to love it more than I did but I still had a very good time with it. I just felt the second act needed a little more oomph and weight to it.
  • mattjoesmattjoes TINY TIM
    edited June 6 Posts: 6,950
    FoxRox wrote: »
    For a long time I've considered the 1970s to be the best decade in film history, and I thought it'd be a lot of fun to compile a personal Top 50 list and share it here! Of course, it was difficult to leave out many other great movies that I've seen and loved, but the point is to narrow it down to the absolute favorites. I might do a Top 50 list for the 1980s and 1990s later as well, as those are all my favorite eras of film together. Anyways, sorted by year, my Top 50 1970s films:

2. Scrooge (1970)
    5. Duel (1971)
    6. The Devils (1971)
    8. The Godfather (1972)
    9. Sisters (1972)
    10. The Sting (1973)
    14. Robin Hood (1973)
    15. Mean Streets (1973)
    16. The Exorcist (1973)
    22. Chinatown (1974)
    25. Jaws (1975)
    27. Barry Lyndon (1975)
    28. Tommy (1975)
    29. The Omen (1976)
    30. Obsession (1976)
    31. The Tenant (1976)
    32. Taxi Driver (1976)
    34. Carrie (1976)
    35. Rocky (1976)
    36. Star Wars (1977)
    37. Suspiria (1977)
    42. Eraserhead (1977)
    43. Halloween (1978)
    44. Superman (1978)
    45. Magic (1978)
    47. Phantasm (1979)
    48. Real Life (1979)
    49. Alien (1979)

This is a cool list, with some terrific movies (Magic!), but it's more of a "top 1970s films from the United States" list than a "top 1970s films." Don't take this the wrong way; after all, we're all in a journey of discovery, myself included.

2. Scrooge (1970)
    5. Duel (1971)
    6. The Devils (1971)
    8. The Godfather (1972)
    9. Sisters (1972)
    10. The Sting (1973)
    14. Robin Hood (1973)
    15. Mean Streets (1973)
    16. The Exorcist (1973)
    22. Chinatown (1974)
    25. Jaws (1975)
    27. Barry Lyndon (1975)
    28. Tommy (1975)
    29. The Omen (1976)
    30. Obsession (1976)
    31. The Tenant (1976)
    32. Taxi Driver (1976)
    34. Carrie (1976)
    35. Rocky (1976)
    36. Star Wars (1977)
    37. Suspiria (1977)
    42. Eraserhead (1977)
    43. Halloween (1978)
    44. Superman (1978)
    45. Magic (1978)
    47. Phantasm (1979)
    48. Real Life (1979)
    49. Alien (1979)

This is a cool list, with some terrific movies (Magic!), but it's more of a "top 1970s films from the United States" list than a "top 1970s films." Don't take this the wrong way; after all, we're all in a journey of discovery, myself included.

What can I say, most of my consumption is from US / UK! Always exploring more anyhow.
  • mattjoesmattjoes TINY TIM

2. Scrooge (1970)
    5. Duel (1971)
    6. The Devils (1971)
    8. The Godfather (1972)
    9. Sisters (1972)
    10. The Sting (1973)
    14. Robin Hood (1973)
    15. Mean Streets (1973)
    16. The Exorcist (1973)
    22. Chinatown (1974)
    25. Jaws (1975)
    27. Barry Lyndon (1975)
    28. Tommy (1975)
    29. The Omen (1976)
    30. Obsession (1976)
    31. The Tenant (1976)
    32. Taxi Driver (1976)
    34. Carrie (1976)
    35. Rocky (1976)
    36. Star Wars (1977)
    37. Suspiria (1977)
    42. Eraserhead (1977)
    43. Halloween (1978)
    44. Superman (1978)
    45. Magic (1978)
    47. Phantasm (1979)
    48. Real Life (1979)
    49. Alien (1979)

What can I say, most of my consumption is from US / UK! Always exploring more anyhow.

Mine too. I'm been consciously trying to break out of that pattern. I like the crime genre, which naturally leads to French movies.
    Bad Boys: Ride or Die

I don't think this series will ever be as brilliant as that second installment was for me but this one was a slight improvement over its predecessor, and for that, I'm grateful. It has a few hilarious moments that were outrageous (Marcus' negotiating over some, erm, oral favors in the club was too funny), a particular scene with Reggie that's worth the viewing alone, and most surprisingly, I thought having a fearless Marcus as essentially the lead character here was a nice change of pace. I could still do without the new AMMO squadmates, and this one injects even more half-baked and underdeveloped characters into the mix, all of whom have the most predictable fates and twist-oriented arcs imaginable, but all in all, it was enjoyable.