Last Movie you Watched?

Comments

Isn't Kilmer having some health problems,
    Making him doubtful for the Top Gun sequel?
    Mathis1 wrote: »

Cancer i heard but he has either beaten it back or denied having it.
    barryt007 wrote: »

Cancer i heard but he has either beaten it back or denied having it.

He doesnt look good in this film,and its a new one.
  • edited June 2018 Posts: 19,339
    Well,just finished 'The Snowman' and i thoroughly enjoyed it,i dont see why it gets bad reviews.

The only thing i cant quite get is the point of Val Kilmer and Toby Jones in it.

Can anyone enlighten me about the point of their characters,did i miss something ?
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    chrisisall wrote: »
    Predator (1987). Non-PC macho junk. I love it.
    Great choice. I must get to that again, along with its sequels, in preparation for 2018's The Predator. The original is Arnie at his best. He was the only truly believable foe for the creature.
    The Snowman could have been the start of something big, there are numerous Harry Hole books but it wasnt to be.Fassbender has always said no to Bond, but given that he has had three potential franchises go tits up in the last year maybe he would now think twice. I'd love to see him as Bond
    cooperman2 wrote: »
    The Snowman could have been the start of something big, there are numerous Harry Hole books but it wasnt to be.Fassbender has always said no to Bond, but given that he has had three potential franchises go tits up in the last year maybe he would now think twice. I'd love to see him as Bond
    I found The Snowman to be a missed opportunity. Such potential, but ultimately it was quite flat despite having both Fassbender and Ferguson in it, and being set in a very scenic locale. All I could think of was Bond when I saw him in it though. That's been the case in a number of his performances over the years.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    bondjames wrote: »
    I found The Snowman to be a missed opportunity. Such potential, but ultimately it was quite flat despite having both Fassbender and Ferguson in it, and being set in a very scenic locale. All I could think of was Bond when I saw him in it though. That's been the case in a number of his performances over the years.

I think it started with X-Men: First Class.
  • edited June 2018 Posts: 235
    Recently just watched Under Siege 2 Dark Territory. One of my favorite movies.

Definitely. It really is a great scene which reeks of Bond.
    Mazouni wrote: »
    I really enjoy this one too, although I realize it's not too popular. I'm due a rewatch soon.

Definitely. It really is a great scene which reeks of Bond.
    I really enjoy this one too, although I realize it's not too popular. I'm due a rewatch soon.

I agree this movie is not very popular sadly. I'm a big fan of Seagal and Under Siege 2 was my first Seagal movie. After watching it I became a big fan of martial arts and Seagal.
    I follow Val on facebook, and he regularly posts fun selfie videos. I haven't seen The Snowman but checked his scene out on youtube. I'd say they definitely dubbed him.
    His voice is extremely raspy and unrecognizable.

BUT he is looking and sounding better every day!
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start

The better Under Siege.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Also prefer the second Under Siege.

The better Under Siege.
    A lot people prefer the first Under Siege over the second however, I think the second one is way better.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start

The better Under Siege.
    A lot people prefer the first Under Siege over the second however, I think the second one is way better.

The first is great, don't get me wrong, but the second is just getter in every way.

The better Under Siege.
    That has always been my impression as well. It's heartwarming to read these words of support for the 2nd film.

The better Under Siege.

The first is great, don't get me wrong, but the second is just getter in every way.

I agree. Seagal early films from the 90's were awesome. Sadly they are not done like they were 30 years ago.
    I follow Val on facebook, and he regularly posts fun selfie videos. I haven't seen The Snowman but checked his scene out on youtube. I'd say they definitely dubbed him.

Thats really good to hear ,i just wish i knew what the point of his and Toby Jones' characters were in 'The Snowman'...which i really enjoyed as a deep thriller.

The better Under Siege.
    That has always been my impression as well. It's heartwarming to read these words of support for the 2nd film.

I'm happy that people support the 2nd film over the first as well. I hope Seagal makes an Under Siege 3 soon.
    re: Under Seige. I watched the original not too long ago, and found it to be one of the better 'Die Hard on a ____' movies out there (in this case a battleship). However I haven't seen 2 since it was first released on VHS.... sounds like it's time to rewatch it if everyone likes it better than the first!

Literally all I remember from that movie is the white haired henchman spraying himself with mace to taunt someone, lol. And the quote from the bad guy, 'assumption is the mother of all f-ups.' Good advice!

Thats really good to hear ,i just wish i knew what the point of his and Toby Jones' characters were in 'The Snowman'...which i really enjoyed as a deep thriller.

I watched him in 'The Ghost and the Darkness' the other day and he was excellent in that film.
    And looked so good,on top form.
    Who here has seen Val in Island of Dr Moreau? I kind of want to see it just because of the wacky history behind it! Sounds like a beautiful trainwreck :))
    re: Under Seige. I watched the original not too long ago, and found it to be one of the better 'Die Hard on a ____' movies out there (in this case a battleship). However I haven't seen 2 since it was first released on VHS.... sounds like it's time to rewatch it if everyone likes it better than the first!

Literally all I remember from that movie is the white haired henchman spraying himself with mace to taunt someone, lol. And the quote from the bad guy, 'assumption is the mother of all f-ups.' Good advice!

There a lot good lines in Under Siege 2. My favorite quote from that movie is "Nobody Beats Me In The Kitchen"
    Who here has seen Val in Island of Dr Moreau? I kind of want to see it just because of the wacky history behind it! Sounds like a beautiful trainwreck :))

I havent seen it...its never appealed to me and is very rarely shown on TV !
    edited June 2018 Posts: 23,883
    Sicario 2: Day of the Soldado (2018)

Fantastic film. Not as action heavy as the trailers indicated (but still plenty of very, very brutal action set-pieces, mostly gunfights with a huge body count), but jesus was this film intense. From the opening scene to the very last moment, I was gripping my seat. Benicio Del Toro and Josh Brolin once again deliver insane machismo and charisma. The rest of the cast was very good too - special mention to Isabela Moner who plays the girl seen in the trailers, she was much better here than in last year's Transformers 5. Great soundtrack, the gorgeous cinematography of the previous film is present in this sequel too. The end very much indicates a Sicario 3 is coming - and I need it now!

If Sicario (2015) was a 10/10 for me, Sicario 2: Day of the Soldado is a solid 8.5/10.
    I was able to catch a late evening showing of this yesterday and must agree with @DaltonCraig007's review. My compliments to director Stefano Sollima for making a worthy sequel which just falls a bit short of its illustrious predecessor.

Isabela Moner is indeed superb here. I thought I would miss Emily Blunt in this one and I almost did, but Moner is just as good at providing some emotional heft imho. Josh Brolin's Matt is a serious hard ass, and his last scene is a great example of measured, coiled intensity. Del Toro again rules as Alejandro.

There's nothing quite as impactful as that brilliant border crossing scene in Sicario here, perhaps because we know what to expect this time, but there are still plenty of tense, suspenseful scenes that keep the viewer engrossed and on edge. Seeing the power of the US military (whether it's an airbase or a raid) in action is truly a sight to behold.

I can't wait to watch this one again and truth be told was a bit disappointed to leave the theatre as the late Johann Johannsson's sinister score played out over the final scene (the film is actually scored by Hildur Guonadottir, who does a great job although he does fall a bit short of Johannsson's brilliance imho). I've said this before but I think EON should seriously consider Dariusz Wolski for cinematography duties down the road. This guy is good.

It is a mess of a movie. And the Director was the veteran John Frankenheimar!
    He and Kilmer did not get on! The story goes that when Frankenheimar shouted "Cut!" After a scene He followed it up by saying "Now somebody get that S**t off my set!"
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    The Three Musketeers (2011)
    Brilliantly, silly over the top fun, basically it could be Kingsman in medieval Europe with a fantastic cast including
    Mads Mikkelsen , Christoph Waltz , Luke Evans , Matthew Macfadyen
    Well,just finished 'The Snowman' and i thoroughly enjoyed it,i dont see why it gets bad reviews.

The only thing i cant quite get is the point of Val Kilmer and Toby Jones in it.

Can anyone enlighten me about the point of their characters,did i miss something ?

This one has been lying on my shelf for a while now, and I haven't felt like watching it yet. Have the feeling it will be strange to watch all those foreign actors playing Norwegians. Don't think there are that many Norwegian actors in the film at all.

Have read a few Nesbø books, but never The Snowman, so I can't help you with the characters of Kilmer and Jones. Don't know if they're in the book, either. Shame the film wasn't a success, as there was a lot of 'could have been' with it. Think they were looking at the possibility of making it a series of films, and Martin Scorsese was at a point attached to direct.

It is a mess of a movie. And the Director was the veteran John Frankenheimar!
    He and Kilmer did not get on! The story goes that when Frankenheimar shouted "Cut!" After a scene He followed it up by saying "Now somebody get that S**t off my set!"

Is Val a bit of a diva then,Mathis ?