Last Movie you Watched?

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @ClarkDevlin, don't apologize; it looked like garbage. I saw a few minutes total from clips and I couldn't help but laugh and shake my head at how awful the editing is. How that Megaton director gets any sort of work in Hollywood is beyond me. He did the second movie, too, which was utter garbage.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Thank you, @Creasy47. Not to mention, the awful choreography... Very awful choreography and staged "fights" at that...
    Ghostbusters, always fabulous.
    Thank you, @Creasy47. Not to mention, the awful choreography... Very awful choreography and staged "fights" at that...

Which is a shame because the first was damn good fun. They should've just had Pierre Morel return for the second, because he's yet to fail me with delivering some balls-to-the-wall thrills and entertainment in the action movies he has directed. He's got a movie called 'The Killer' releasing next year, so I'll be sure to check that out.

Instead, they went with Megaton, whose track record today stands at 'The Transporter 3,' 'Colombiana,' 'Taken 2,' and 'Taken 3,' which equates to 'A Massive Doo-Doo Stain In Hollywood.'
    @Creasy47, found the stuff. Not as bad as you made it sound like (at least what I found), but yes, questionable comments. My impression in both cases was that he didn't even quite understand what he was saying and hadn't thought it through. I'll keep on eye on him... ;)
    He should be thinking such topics through, though, since he's an A-list celebrity and those types of topics are pretty sensitive to a lot of people in the 21st Century. Sadly, being a celebrity keeps you under the spotlight 24/7, and no matter what you say or do, it'll always be scrutinized and judged.

I still don't really care for him, though. ;)
    He should be thinking such topics through, though, since he's an A-list celebrity and those types of topics are pretty sensitive to a lot of people in the 21st Century. Sadly, being a celebrity keeps you under the spotlight 24/7, and no matter what you say or do, it'll always be scrutinized and judged.

I still don't really care for him, though. ;)
    Yes, well, actors are just fallible human beings and the scrutiny is often ridiculous nowadays. I got to the original sources, and I don't know how much his words have been misrepresented in various other sources (that always happens, so I'm sure there's been plenty of that), but basically I meant that it wasn't all that bad since he didn't come off as racist or homophobic, just didn't quite seem to get the issues with what he said (even afterwards, considering what he said on Ellen, for instance).

Still doesn't suddenly make me a fan, either. ;)
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited October 2015 Posts: 23,883
    The Martian

Just watched it. Excellent film. Highly recommended. This is what Interstellar could have been but wasn't. Limited melodrama.....just good old fashioned geeky film making by the space master Ridley.

The cinematography is outstanding, as is the score, & Damon, Chastain, Ejiofor, Daniels and the rest of the great cast are also superb. It is a little nerdy at times, but really an inspiring film and well made.

Congratulations to all involved on making a complex & potentially boring story very interesting.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    A double feature with my mom. :)

The Equalizer.
    Loved every minute. It was badass and fun. The kind of action movies I've been missing. Just when we thought we had something guess, it blew us away. Great film, I recommend it to everyone.

The November Man.
    Finally got around to watching it with my mom this time. I saw it once and loved it. I still enjoy it. I hope it gets a sequel. Brosnan is the best. \m/
    edited October 2015 Posts: 15,423
    Murdock wrote: »

The Equalizer.
    Loved every minute. It was badass and fun. The kind of action movies I've been missing. Just when we thought we had something guess, it blew us away. Great film, I recommend it to everyone.

I did know it was going to be a very entertaining film and definitely a spectacular action flick per se. But, to cite the source material they were building on, it was nothing like The Equalizer, the television series which happened to be written especially for an upper-class British lead who wasn't a Black Ops operative but an MI-6 agent working for a department that gives the Commonwealth countries' government-driven intelligence agencies a collaboration on specific missions and assignments. The film shared little to nothing with the franchise that set the pillars, other than the name 'Robert McCall' and 'The Equalizer', and McCall was certainly not a worker in a small factory or whatsoever, but a problem solving investigator since the first day he resigned from his spy job. Also, what the film was heavily missing on was the characters of Control and Mickey Kostmayer. McCall would often need the aid of these two. I still think the film is great, though.

The Equalizer.

I did know it was going to be a very entertaining film and definitely a spectacular action flick per se. But, to cite the source material they were building on, it was nothing like The Equalizer, the television series which happened to be written especially for an upper-class British lead who wasn't a Black Ops operative but an MI-6 agent working for a department that gives the Commonwealth countries' government-driven intelligence agencies a collaboration on specific missions and assignments. The film shared little to nothing with the franchise that set the pillars, other than the name 'Robert McCall' and 'The Equalizer', and McCall was certainly not a worker in a small factory or whatsoever, but a problem solving investigator since the first day he resigned from his spy job. Also, what the film was heavily missing on was the characters of Control and Mickey Kostmayer. McCall would often need the aid of these two. I still think the film is great, though.

I did know it was based on a TV series but I never heard of it or knew anything about, but I do plan on seeking out the series and giving it a watch. I'm a sucker for vigilante movies and shows. :P

The Equalizer.

I did know it was based on a TV series but I never heard of it or knew anything about, but I do plan on seeking out the series and giving it a watch. I'm a sucker for vigilante movies and shows. :P

No matter how great you are, you can never be half as good as the original. ;)

EqualizerCompleteCollectionCover.JPG?itok=V3yv5_Hz

Besides, Edward Woodward, who also played the eponymous Callan in the series of the same name prior to The Equalizer was a man of extreme hard edge, but a very kind person, too. Somehow, I can see why they have wanted Denzel for the role. ;)
    I'm looking forward to it. :)
  • Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England

The Equalizer.

Besides, Edward Woodward, who also played the eponymous Callan in the series of the same name prior to The Equalizer was a man of extreme hard edge, but a very kind person, too. Somehow, I can see why they have wanted Denzel for the role. ;)

By saying eponymous you don't then need to say in the series of the same name! That's tautology my friend. :-)
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    I'm in the middle of Pixels right now, mostly because I want to see the badass Peter Dinklage I noticed in the trailer. Pretty cool and mindless fun, but Kevin James is the US President? I've come to accept a lot of OTT stuff over the years (especially from DAD), but this takes the cake.

The Equalizer.

By saying eponymous you don't then need to say in the series of the same name! That's tautology my friend. :-)
    I stand corrected, sir. It was an overreaction on my part. But, thank you for pointing it out for me, anyhow. :)
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"

The Equalizer.

I've got a brilliant idea, @Lancaster007! How about we make a thread called "Last Grammatical Mistake You Made," and do a poll. How many members forgot to include a subject in their sentence, how many typed "there" when they meant "their," "your" when they meant "you're" and "two" or "to" when they meant "too." Yes, I think I've hit upon something here. >:)

The Equalizer.

I've got a brilliant idea, @Lancaster007! How about we make a thread called "Last Grammatical Mistake You Made," and do a poll. How many members forgot to include a subject in their sentence, how many typed "there" when they meant "their," "your" when they meant "you're" and "two" or "to" when they meant "too." Yes, I think I've hit upon something here. >:)

Brilliant idea @0Brady, :-), just pointing out stuff, and I'd have thought that anyone who had the wherewithal to use a word like eponymous might actually know what it meant! Just saying! And anyway, The Equalizer and Callan are both brilliant shows.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"

The Equalizer.

Brilliant idea @0Brady, :-), just pointing out stuff, and I'd have thought that anyone who had the wherewithal to use a word like eponymous might actually know what it meant! Just saying! And anyway, The Equalizer and Callan are both brilliant shows.

Just pulling legs and whatnot; not much else fun to have on a Monday, after all.

I've never seen either programs being discussed, but I'm sure they're brilliantly fantastic, to make a tautological err of my own. ;)

And let's not forget "of" instead of "have". That one makes me as angry as Professor Henry Higgins, given that the two words have completely different meanings.

But yes, the original "Equalizer" was great, thanks mostly to Edward Woodward.

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    DRACULA UNTOLD

Not the best Dracula film. But original, some nice imagery and a decent story.

Luke Evans is melodramatic as usual, but Charles Dance is terrific as The Master Vampire.
    I r smarter then u too guys.

Also, I thought 'The Equalizer' with Washington wasn't too shabby.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    I r smarter then u too guys.

:))
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    2012br.jpg

Mitch's laconic charm and Russell's sass make them a very watchable pair. Their chemistry is nothing less than sizzling.

I won't post my Mitchum ranking, but I would put Macao near my top 10 (though not quite in it).

The Equalizer.

Before you make that thread, though, I think I'll need to be point out that grammar, spelling and semantics are not the same thing. :-B ;)
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    murphys_law_poster_01-392x600.jpg

Felt in the mood for a Charlie Bronson fix, and this was the next film in my pile. Enjoyable, but Death With 3 is still my favourite Charlie Bronson film.

Joan: "You go to hell."
    Jack Murphy: "Ladies first."
    Furious 7 Wow this film is dumb though a great deal of fun, must admit my eyes welled up at the end. Good send off for Paul Walker.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    I can't overcome my feelings for Paul Walker. I haven't watched Furious 7 yet.
    I probably will cry half the movie. Seriously. I so liked him and collected all his movies.

:(
    I can't overcome my feelings for Paul Walker. I haven't watched Furious 7 yet.
    I probably will cry half the movie. Seriously. I so liked him and collected all his movies.

:(
    The end is very tastefully done :)