Last Movie you Watched?

Comments

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    edited August 2015 Posts: 45,489
    FANTASTIC FOUR

Real happy to see the FF back on the big screen. I do however understand the criticism and lack of success.( There were only four other people in the theatre.)

Some great moments and ideas, but also slightly boring at times and a few cringeworthy scenes and lines as well.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    @Thunderfinger

Have seen it as well, this remake/reboot simply came to soon. It's not even 10 years ago that Silver Surfer was in the theatre.
    Personally I liked the first Fantastic 4 quite well, but then who can argue with Jessica Alba ;) Furthermore I'm a fan of Michael Chiklis. The Shield is one of the greatest TV Shows ever. Add Ioan Gruffudd and Chris Evans and you have a stellar cast.
    Compared with those 4 the new 4 are really lame. Even tough I found Teller fantastic in Whiplash.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Even the director has bad mouthed the new fantastic four. :))
    Ragnorak.

Foreign Language film. SFX for the creature was a little disappointing as it just looked like a giant rubber snake. ;))

Lone Ranger.

Surprised how much i enjoyed this and thought the interaction between Hammer and Depp was brilliant.

Reasonable Doubt.

Sam Jackson and Dominic Cooper start in this thriller. Although i quite enjoyed the film i did come away from this film more than convinced that Cooper would not make a good Bond.

Escape Plan

Sly and Arnie in this prision break movie. These two make me laugh when they are together. I hope if they do Expendables 4 that him and Stallone have more banter between them.

Sabotage.

Never heard of this Arnie movie, have to say it was probably the most gory/violent Arnie picture i have ever seen. Excellent watch!

Collection.

Feel good movie with a Sly cameo. He should not have bothered and would not bother with it again.

Insurgent.

Enjoyable follow up to Divergent, looking forward to part 3 next year!
    Honeymoon (2014)

Honeymoon_film_poster.jpg

I had heard of the movie before and when I saw it pop up on Netflix I jumped on it. It's a low budget Indie flick but stars Rose Leslie (Ygritte on Game of Thrones) & Harry Treadaway (Dr. Victor Frankenstein on Penny Dreadful).
    This movie starts out verrrrry slow, which is fine, don't get me wrong. At first my girlfriend was watching it with me and when she had to go to work she said 'please save this for me'. So I did.
    The next day we picked right up where we left off- gradually my girlfriend starts painting and I sit there thinking the scary stuff has to start soon. Then I pause it and notice that the movie is 3/4 over!!!

On the one hand I appreciated the slow reveal in the beginning; it never makes it clear if this will be a slasher/monster movie, a ghost movie, a killer virus movie, etc.
    If the movie picked up waaaay earlier it might have been a different story.
    The movie tries to be mysterious but ends up just being boring-- the creepy stuff literally happens in the last 15 minutes and by then we didn't even care.

Major bore.
    1 out of 10 :(

Did anyone else see this? Did you have similar thoughts?
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    Sabotage.

Never heard of this Arnie movie, have to say it was probably the most gory/violent Arnie picture i have ever seen. Excellent watch!
    I loved it too- too bad it didn't perform well... between it, and now Terminator Genesys (all movies I love BTW) I fear we may be close to losing Arnold in movies :(
    @RogueAgent, it isnt "Ragnorak". Never heard of Ragnarok? It will be the title of the third Thor movie as well.
    I don't believe Arnie will go anywhere but stay with us for some time in movies.

He is not the big box office star anymore, but I don't believe he wants that at all.

Movies like The Last Stand, Escape Plan and Sabotage are a perfect fit for him and they didn't do that bad, respectively sell very well as DVD/Blu-ray/Downloads.

And I absolutely recommend watching Maggie which now has been released on Blu-ray/Download.
    Never seen a more riveting performance from Arnie.

And don't forget the Expendables movies. He's a big part of that franchise too.
    Is he still doing King Conan? Anyone knows?
    Yes Conan is in planning
    Triplets as well again with DeVito.
    Yes Conan is in planning
    Great news.
    Awful news.
    Yes Conan is in planning
    Great news.
    Awful news.

ha, ha =))

spot-on!!

and I can make this awful news much more awful....

....continue reading at your own risk!! :-&
    Triplets starrs Arnie, Danny and EDDIE MURPHY
  • edited August 2015 Posts: 4,813
    Yeah I'm all for King Conan, but couldn't give a shit about Triplets. I mean, unless they seriously pull ALL the stops and make the movie hilarious. But I doubt it.

But speaking of Arnold sequels, I haven't seen it on this board yet so I may as well share:
    Kindergarten Cop 2 is being released soon.... starring DOLPH LUNDGREN 8-}

Anyone who's seen me mention Dolph on these boards knows I love the guy. This could be comedy gold if they play it right!

I'm sitting here picturing 'Expendables' Dolph in a classroom setting and giggling to myself

lundgren.jpeg

"Don't talk to me, cockroach...."

Plus Dolph-- at least in my opinion-- makes for a suitable Arnold substitute (I always thought he'd make an intimidating Terminator) and is a full 10 years younger. The fact is, a sequel with Arnold is just no longer feasible and as a direct to video release, this is the perfect take it or leave it scenario. I'll take it!

I'm anxious to see a trailer but this sounds worth checking out.
    @Master_Dahark

I always like Lundgren quite a lot and I'm glad he is in the Expendables franchise.

imo Rocky has hurt Dolph's career very much because he played that epitome of a villain in it and after that no studio would cast him anymore as something different that a mean villain.

He is underrated really.
    Is he still doing King Conan? Anyone knows?
    Yes Conan is in planning
    Conan the Barbarian came out in 1982- Destroyer came out in 1984.
    I figure it will be at least 2016 before King Conan (or 'Legend of', whatever they end up calling it) comes out
    The last news I heard was that it will be a direct sequel to 'Barbarian' and ignore 'Destroyer', which is fine with me. The question is, will it hopefully have the same tone as the first film? I'd love to have the same music and feel, but 30+ years later I doubt we'll get it.
    Also, what will the story be? I know he's still buff as hell, but it would be laughable to see him running and swinging that sword like he used to (at least in Terminator Genesys his age didn't matter). Maybe the tone of the movie should be different- like Unforgiven, just as an example.

Since he first movie we've been teased with this image:

king-conan-137150.jpg

It's obviously 35 year old Arnold with a fake beard, but I don't think they're trying to portray Conan as 'old' in that pic. Maybe the best time to make a King Conan movie should have been more like 1995, give or take.

But on the other hand, I came across this awesome photoshop:

1b0dc147b4b3ee6ac4c410e77a0b1df4.jpg

I can't tell the future, but it seems to me that this movie could be great, or it could be very bad. I certainly hope they tread lightly and put their heart and soul into it.

Most importantly: Will Arnold punch that pesky camel again?

conan.gif
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    Insidious and Babadook. Both decent with their fair share of chills.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator

'Insidious' is one of the scariest movies I've ever seen. 'The Babadook' wasn't the scariest, but it had its moments and the entire atmosphere and ambiance of it was so creepy. Those nighttime bedroom scenes had me freaking out.
    James Earl Jones should definitely return.
    Creasy47 wrote: »

'Insidious' is one of the scariest movies I've ever seen. 'The Babadook' wasn't the scariest, but it had its moments and the entire atmosphere and ambiance of it was so creepy. Those nighttime bedroom scenes had me freaking out.

Sounds exactlyblike my experience of them. Insidious definitely had the more scares. Good to see some decent chillers being made.

Sounds exactlyblike my experience of them. Insidious definitely had the more scares. Good to see some decent chillers being made.

Same. Horror is a very unique taste and genre - what scares the hell out of me may do nothing for someone else - so I'm always on the prowl for the next movie looking to scare me as much as possible, but sadly, those types of entries are few and far between these days. Even when one does manage to come along, it's hyped so highly that it ends up being a bit of a disappointment for me (like 'It Follows').

Same. Horror is a very unique taste and genre - what scares the hell out of me may do nothing for someone else - so I'm always on the prowl for the next movie looking to scare me as much as possible, but sadly, those types of entries are few and far between these days. Even when one does manage to come along, it's hyped so highly that it ends up being a bit of a disappointment for me (like 'It Follows').

Not seen that yet. One I've been meaning to see but never got around to. Maybe I'll wait a little. So many horror movies are released that are just so alike. Movies that rely on gore do nothing for me, if I'm watching horror I wanna be scared.
    That's all I look for in horrors: scares. I'm all for something unique, and I'll sit down with something gory or random if I'm in the mood for it, but overall, if I'm truly excited for a new horror movie, it's because I expect it to scare me.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited August 2015 Posts: 23,883
    Runaway (1984)

Based on a Michael Crichton novel of the same name, it stars Tom Selleck as a widower cop with vertigo, Cynthia Rhodes as his rookie partner, Gene Simmons (of KISS) as the baddie, and Kirstie Alley as his squeeze.

It's basically set in the near future, where robots are ubiquitous. Some malfunction (called runaways) and there is a police division tasked with shutting them down (which Selleck works for). Then there is the first 'robotic homicide'. Upon discovery, it seems that someone (Simmons) has found a way to override a robot's safety features and direct it to attack humans, including with tracking features for robotic style bullets.

This has always been a guilty pleasure of mine. I saw it first many years back on a crappy VHS copy as a kid, and it scared the living crap out of me, particularly Simmons. He hams it up like crazy in this one, almost Jarvier Bardem/Silva style. Tom Selleck is pretty good as the cop tracking him. I had a huge crush on Cynthia Rhodes when I first saw it and Kirstie Alley looks really great here (before she put on the poundage).

It's kind of cheesy in that 80's sci-fi fashion, with bad special effects and synth score (a great one by Jerry Goldsmith by the way) and it hasn't dated all that well, but the overblown performance by Simmons is worth the watch. Additionally, I like the concept of robots going wild.....similar to iRobot.

Recommended, but be prepared for the cheese.
    R-0011_Runaway_one_sheet_movie_poster_l.jpg
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    bondjames wrote: »
    Runaway 1984
    Recommended, but be prepared for the cheese.
    It's cheddar for me. Mmmmm.
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    I've actually been watching tons of movies. I've finished the Harry Potter franchise, then I've watched Maze Runner, Hunger Games (only the first one by now); also I've re-watched Avengers 2 and TND recently.
    And last sunday I've watched Mad Max: Fury Road. Damn, one hell of a damn great movie. I loved it.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited August 2015 Posts: 23,883
    X3MSonicX wrote: »
    I've actually been watching tons of movies. I've finished the Harry Potter franchise, then I've watched Maze Runner, Hunger Games (only the first one by now); also I've re-watched Avengers 2 and TND recently.
    And last sunday I've watched Mad Max: Fury Road. Damn, one hell of a damn great movie. I loved it.

I agree on Mad Max: Fury Road. One of the year's best. Amazing visuals in that film.

I've only seen the first Hunger Games as well (and just this year for the first time). I enjoyed it quite a lot, to my surprise, and want to take in the remaining two before the new one is released later this year.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    edited August 2015 Posts: 4,116
    I saw MI:RN today. It was okay.. major déjà vu to almost every Craig Bond, TND, and even MI:2.

Will give them this..they aren't afraid of the MI theme ..used when appropriate. Something I know Newman won't.

They also make no apologies for silly gadgets ...and they seemed to use all the BMW's Bond passed on...

Also and woo hoo ..for once the CIA was not portrayed as the most evil agency in the world. MI6 and CIA took equal billing lol...

Lastly the leading lady was to die for.. almost literally. The villain and the head of MI6 looked like brothers ...kinda weird.

...oh and the popcorn needed salt. Otherwise I had fun.

Movie umm 6 out of 10. They may have cheated off Bond but they added a lot of hearts and happy faces which made it too giddy to hate.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    mcdonbb wrote: »
    Also and woo hoo ..for once the CIA was not portrayed as the most evil agency in the world.
    Not seeing this garbage then!
    [-(

Heh, just messin' with ya bro. :))
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    edited August 2015 Posts: 4,116
    Lol @chrisisall .
    bondjames wrote: »
    Runaway (1984)

Based on a Michael Crichton novel of the same name, it stars Tom Selleck as a widower cop with vertigo, Cynthia Rhodes as his rookie partner, Gene Simmons (of KISS) as the baddie, and Kirstie Alley as his squeeze.

There's no source novel, this is a Crichton for film original ... like WESTWORLD or LOOKER in that way.

Definitely has its moments, guilty pleasure for sure.