MGM says the next Bond within 3 years

Comments

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    @skyfail, I kind of see what you're talking about at least with regards to technology but I think SF got it right. Look at the scenes with Q when they're decrypting Silva's laptop, they're hardly using windows 95. As for QoS, I felt they took it too far. MI6 looked more like one of the decks from the starship enterprise than a government agency. Also, it was a breath of fresh air to not have Craig constantly doing stuff with his phone. In fact, the only time we see his phone is when he recieved a text message iirc.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited March 2013 Posts: 28,694
    doubleoego wrote:
    @skyfail, I kind of see what you're talking about at least with regards to technology but I think SF got it right. Look at the scenes with Q when they're decrypting Silva's laptop, they're hardly using windows 95. As for QoS, I felt they took it too far. MI6 looked more like one of the decks from the starship enterprise than a government agency. Also, it was a breath of fresh air to not have Craig constantly doing stuff with his phone. In fact, the only time we see his phone is when he recieved a text message iirc.

Same here, stupid phones. I also think it reinforced the "old ways" that Bond constantly uses and is referenced as in the film, i.e., using a non-electric razor, a throwing knife instead of a gun, the DB5 instead of a sports car, and etc.
    I will post this article in all 3 of the main bond 24 threads as I'm unsure which one it actually belongs in

http://metro.co.uk/2013/03/26/danny-boyle-says-no-to-bond-24-im-not-that-kind-of-director-3560833/

now before people say "what's the big deal we know Boyle doesn't want to do that" that isn't why I am posting the article

Boyle did hint that Bond bosses had been in touch to check if he was available.

He said: ‘They make enquires if you’re available and stuff like that, but I will be there when the next one opens.’

THAT is why I'm posting this EON is looking at directors and already making enquries as to wether they are available lending creadence to the fall 2014 release date
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Great find @Risico007. And of course, we don't know when they started making the enquiries so who knows, they might be close to making a deal soon [-O<
    Wondering who the director's going to be is exciting stuff. Come on EoN, you made over a billion dollars. Pay to get the best! Nationality be damned.
    I just think Gilroy was rush with legacy with a good script from Logan he can deliver a great film.
  • RC7RC7
    I have a feeling whoever is announced the fan community will be split. I don't see a unanimous favourite at the moment. I'd prefer an unknown quantity, just to add some more jeopardy to the situation. But then I'm a gambler.
  • RC7 wrote:
    I have a feeling whoever is announced the fan community will be split. I don't see a unanimous favourite at the moment. I'd prefer an unknown quantity, just to add some more jeopardy to the situation. But then I'm a gambler.

Something keeps telling me it's Rupert Wyatt or a relatively well known director but completely from left field.
    RC7 wrote:

Something keeps telling me it's Rupert Wyatt or a relatively well known director but completely from left field.

We'll know soon enough
  • @Risico007

Nice. He's do a great job.
    tomjcull wrote:
    @Risico007

Nice. He's do a great job.

Reffering to Gilroy?

if so then yes I believe he would.
  • Boyle
    tomjcull wrote:
    Boyle

Boyle won't direct Bond 24. or Bond 25 or any bond movie for that matter
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Risico007 wrote:
    tomjcull wrote:
    Boyle

I'm sure people said the same thing about Mendes. /:)
    Risico007 wrote:
    tomjcull wrote:
    Boyle

Boyle has turned down the producers offer a few days ago what more do you guys want lol

I'm not believing anything until an official announcement has been made. No matter how truthful Boyle may be with his non involvement, his words mean nothing until proven true. Actors and directors have denied many things only to turn out that they were bs'ing. So, at this point I'm not taking anything as gospel truth until there's any real, hard evidence to prove otherwise, such as, if Boyle signs on to direct another movie for instance.
    True I suppose everything is possible but untill otherwise noted Boyle has said no 100 times leave the poor man in peace lol

I have my "dream" Bond 24 other have theirs.
    Risico007 wrote:
    Risico007 wrote:
    tomjcull wrote:
    Boyle

Boyle has turned down the producers offer a few days ago what more do you guys want lol

I don't want anything, I couldn't care less if Boyle gets it. I am not one of the many praying it is him.
    Risico007 wrote:
    Risico007 wrote:
    tomjcull wrote:
    Boyle

I don't want anything, I couldn't care less if Boyle gets it. I am not one of the many praying it is him.

So who are you hoping for You know my dream director Tony Gilroy
    Risico007 wrote:
    Risico007 wrote:
    Risico007 wrote:
    tomjcull wrote:
    Boyle

So who are you hoping for You know my dream director Tony Gilroy

I'm not hoping for anyone.
  • edited March 2013 Posts: 3,494
    All I can think of is Naomie Harris and the Moneypenny gag on me (and others). Maybe Boyle's telling the truth. And then once upon a time Brooke Shields claimed she didn't smoke for an anti-tobacco commercial :-?

Peter Jackson's a big Bond fan.
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    Peter Jackson can kiss my arse.
    After Peter Jackson gets done with the Hobbit trilogy he will want a rest. He must be exhausted as it is.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    DCisared wrote:
    Peter Jackson can kiss my arse.

something personal between you, two? ;)

Seriously, I adored LOTR trilogy; they were brilliant and each one was lovely - so rare the sequels were also excellent. As a Bond movie, I don't know ... would he have the style/desire to NOT be epic length, to go for a great spy action film? I am unsure, yet I think he is very talented.
  • edited March 2013 Posts: 2,015
    Risico007 wrote:
    True I suppose everything is possible but untill otherwise noted Boyle has said no 100 times leave the poor man in peace lol

I have my "dream" Bond 24 other have theirs.

JJ Abrams said numerous times he wouldn't do Star Wars VII, including the few last weeks if not days before he was announced :)

I'm not saying Boyle is a very likely choice , and if he was chosen then the Bond would be probably quite different in scope (but well, the budget cut he'd like is the trend), but I'd say he should not be completely dismissed.

After Peter Jackson gets done with the Hobbit trilogy he will want a rest. He must be exhausted as it is.

HE wants to do a Doctor WHo episode and as payment he wants a golden Dalek, so I would not worry to much about mr. Jacksons need for rest.

I am surprised that Moffat & BBC have not jumped on him already.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    All I can think of is Naomie Harris and the Moneypenny gag on me (and others). Maybe Boyle's telling the truth. And then once upon a time Brooke Shields claimed she didn't smoke for an anti-tobacco commercial :-?

Peter Jackson's a big Bond fan.

From what I heard there was some Bond talk during the Desolation of Smaug preview this Sunday. I didn't watch it because I'll only buy The Hobbit when the extended edition is released, therefore I don't have a code. He has a collection of posters (including vintage ones) for every Bond film in his office corridor.
    I liked the LOTR trilogy very, very much however I found the first Hobbit film disappointing. He's still a talented director who is able to put in images what one can only imagine. I can find many problems with LOTR, many things I have he changed about it, but I can't deny he managed to keep the "spirit" of the books when it was very easy to make a huge mess out of them. Still, he's not someone I can see making a Bond film in the future.
  • edited March 2013 Posts: 908
    Risico007 wrote:
    I just think Gilroy was rush with legacy with a good script from Logan he can deliver a great film.

"a good script from Logan" - that would certainly be News indeed,since i haven't seen a decent Film penned by him (well exept Gladiator,but that's purely on an optical Basis ) but Hope springs eternal,they say.
    edited March 2013 Posts: 28,694
    Matt_Helm wrote:
    Risico007 wrote:

"a good script from Logan" - that would certainly be News indeed,since i haven't seen a decent Film penned by him (well exept Gladiator,but that's purely on an optical Basis ) but Hope springs eternal,they say.

Gee, thanks for that deep and insightful post.
    Wow even if you don't like Skyfall you can't deny that Logan has written some great scripts. Gladiator, Sweeny Todd, and Hugo are just some of which comes to mind. Don't let your (unjust) hatred for Skyfall blind you of Logan's talent