MGM says the next Bond within 3 years

Comments

• Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited March 2013 Posts: 13,350
    I wonder this too. I get a feeling someone may already be at work with Logan and the Bond team, we're just yet to find out. Logan must have a say in the director too, I hope EON get their first choice - for our sake. Bond 24 will have a quick turnaround, I hope it all comes together well. *Fingers crossed*
  • Strelik wrote:
    RC7 wrote:
    Are you kidding? P+W wrote SF. It's as simple as that. Logan added some flourishes but P+W wrote the movie. Where did you hear rumblings it was Logan's?
    In the forty-five minute Empire Online podcast for Skyfall, Purvis and Wade stated the Macau/Shanghai sequence was Mendes/Logan, including the Komodo dragons. All the references to Live and Let Die and Dr. No were Mendes/Logan. Moneypenny serving as a field agent rather than a desk-bound clerk was Mendes/Logan. The Aston Martin being equipped with an ejector seat and machine guns ala Goldfinger was Mendes/Logan, etc. And much more.

This makes me happy, since The Macau/Shanghai scenes are my favorite in the movie along with the court room scene. I didn't pick up on any Dr. No references in the movie though, although I haven't seen it since theaters, what was it?

• All he said was f***ing. It's not like he just posted a long rant where he just swore over and over.
    That is basically the equivalent of them, for sure. Anyway, I am all for getting the f word out of the threads when there are far better words (more eloquent in form) in our wonderful language to use in their place.

Personally, I think f**k can be a beautiful word :). But the point here is that it's not acceptable per Forum rules, so there is no justification for defending it's use here. My son will be joining in here when he turns 13 in August, and as a parent I would appreciate it if the members here considered this in the future.

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited March 2013 Posts: 28,694
    All he said was f***ing. It's not like he just posted a long rant where he just swore over and over.
    That is basically the equivalent of them, for sure. Anyway, I am all for getting the f word out of the threads when there are far better words (more eloquent in form) in our wonderful language to use in their place.

Personally, I think f**k can be a beautiful word :). But the point here is that it's not acceptable per Forum rules, so there is no justification for defending it's use here. My son will be joining in here when he turns 13 in August, and as a parent I would appreciate it if the members here considered this in the future.

Yes, this is exactly what I mean, and was thinking of you and how you said your son was joining when making my statement. Apparently all this so-called "real world experience" still can't give you a decent sense of etiquette when all this rude bickering goes on.

Anyway, it seems Bond 24 in 2014 is looking good. Nice to hear indeed.
    All he said was f***ing. It's not like he just posted a long rant where he just swore over and over.

No rude words allowed, I do think that one should be able to discuss without using cusswords, but the site is about a man that has a license to kill. Somewhat funny that I suppose.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    SaintMark wrote:

No rude words allowed, I do think that one should be able to discuss without using cusswords, but the site is about a man that has a license to kill. Somewhat funny that I suppose.

It is equally funny/ironic that critics get all worked up about an f-bomb or two in films yet they don't mind the violence that can occur all over the place.
    People like RC7 have an anger problem, that might need treatment obviously, but that doesn't mean, they should be allowed to live it up around here.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited March 2013 Posts: 13,894
    Germanlady wrote:
    People like RC7 have an anger problem, that might need treatment obviously, but that doesn't mean, they should be allowed to live it up around here.

And putting the boot in like that isn't any better.

Now, let's get this back on topic.
    Germanlady wrote:

And putting the boot in like that isn't any better.

Well, I think it is - or should be allowed. He has had this attidtude for a long time and should be adressed. Don't you think? Just because he is closer to your way of thinking doesn't mean, he has the right to insult and swear.

Now lets get back on topic.

• MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited March 2013 Posts: 13,894
    Germanlady wrote:
    Well, I think it is - or should be allowed. He has had this attidtude for a long time and should be adressed. Don't you think? Just because he is closer to your way of thinking doesn't mean, he has the right to insult and swear.

Now lets get back on topic.

My way of thinking? It's got nothing to do with any way of thinking.

The f-bomb from RC7 was brought to the attention of the moderating team, and was delt with accordingly. No, nobody has the right to insult, swear or make cheap digs. If you or any other member here are not happy, then alert a member of the mod team. Same procedure as with trolls, flag posts and/or pm a mod. We have lives off the forum, but we'll do our best to remove any offending posts as quickly as possible.
  • RC7RC7
    I won't be dropping any F-bombs anymore as it's against forum rules.

I could give numerous reasons for why a little levity would be good around here but I won't. A few people have made it their mission to vilify me, in a bid to have me kicked off the boards no doubt. I can't apologise for being forthright in some of my opinions, neither will I. I also won't hesitate taking people to task if I think they're talking nonsense. If people take this personally then there's not much I can do. But, like I said, I actually don't think many people have taken offence, it's a small band of people who take themselves far too seriously. So much so they don't realise a lot of what I say is in jest, mainly to counter the relentless tedium of their Stasi like policing of threads. I enjoy a heated debate sometimes and it worries me to see efforts to sterilise that by certain members, simply because they can't handle it when you suggest a very logical counter argument.

For the record, I've dealt out my fair share of digs and I've also received some angry, personal retorts. I've never done this in a malicious way, although I blame the Internet for it's inability to translate tone to someone who has never met you, and I have never flagged anyone, despite the personal insults. Mainly because I find it childish quite frankly. Aside from 'you know who' I've never seen the need to flag anybody.

I think I offer some valid subjectivity, if people would rather have a bunch of barely literate 'yes men' then so be it.
  • edited March 2013 Posts: 12,837
    Yeah I don't like flagging people. It's a bit like grassing somebody up to the teachers.

If it's @TouchMyButtons or somebody like that then yeah I'll flag those posts but if it's just somebody dropping one F bomb then I don't bother.

About the swearing: How come we can't drop F bombs (or even say things like piss, I've been told off for that), but I've seen lots of members say bloody and bollocks? I'm just confused on what the limits are for swearing?
    RC7 wrote:
    I think I offer some valid subjectivity, if people would rather have a bunch of barely literate 'yes men' then so be it.

Personally I like having people like you on the boards. If it wasn't for you and a few others then we'd barely have any debates on here and things would just be boring.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    I am all for debate, even strong debate.

I personally dislike swearing - but good point, @thelivingroyale about "bloody" and "bollocks" ... because I am American they hardly sound like bad swear words to me. But I do remember, decades ago, my English grandmother telling me not to say "bloody" , "It's a bad word!" I have no idea how it rates on a bad swearing words scale.

Sarcasm and jesting is difficult to come across correctly in just text. In person, I really enjoy sarcasm and teasing; just not really mean spirited or nasty, name calling discussion.

• What about Paul Greengrass?

From Bourne to Bond!
  • edited April 2013 Posts: 3,494
    tomjcull wrote:
    What about Paul Greengrass?

From Bourne to Bond!

Thanks for the thought of nausea. Besides, he's opened his mouth negatively about the franchise, so that ship has sailed.
  • Worth a shot :)

Who would you pick?
    tomjcull wrote:
    Worth a shot :)

Who would you pick?

The one, THEY choose.
  • That's no fun Germanlady!
    Gilroy
    0013 wrote:
    If the source is reliable, why 3 years!!??
    Good question why 3 years they do within 2 year. Aren't forgetting that Daniel Criag is almost in his late 40's. He never make after his forth.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Probably looking far to into it, but Chris Corbould was in Australia recently. He was interviewed on the radio, where they spoke about his many years working on the Bond films. And of course Skyfall.
    And his other work, notably his work with Christopher Nolan on the Batman movies and Inception.
    But other than to do a bit of PR work for the DVD/Bluray release of SF, I did wonder if he might also have been doing a little recce work on Australia as a possible location for Bond 24?
    It's been known to happen before, way before filming. Probably not, who knows. Just a thought.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Benny wrote:
    Probably looking far to into it, but Chris Corbould was in Australia recently. He was interviewed on the radio, where they spoke about his many years working on the Bond films. And of course Skyfall.
    And his other work, notably his work with Christopher Nolan on the Batman movies and Inception.
    But other than to do a bit of PR work for the DVD/Bluray release of SF, I did wonder if he might also have been doing a little recce work on Australia as a possible location for Bond 24?
    It's been known to happen before, way before filming. Probably not, who knows. Just a thought.

Yes, who knows? I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case to be honest.
    Nice find @Benny. In time, we'll know whether they found anything. :)
    The play is now officially confirmed and will end its run on January 4th. Until then, they could have done a lot of pre production and with him doing the play mostly in the eve apart from 1 day, he has the time to talk and think Bond.
    Production can begin in January then, great. :D

What date does the play begin, GL?
    I would be fine with Australia didn't Craig say he wanted Bond 24 to take place there?
    Risico007 wrote:
    I would be fine with Australia didn't Craig say he wanted Bond 24 to take place there?

I think it rather went something like he was asked - by an Australian - how about Australia and he was fine with the idea. ;)
    edited April 2013 Posts: 13,350
    I've searched and found that previews are from 1st October and the play opens on 3rd November at New York's Barrymore Theatre. That's nine weeks not counting breaks for Christmas.