Who will become the Bond heir after Broccoli and Wilson leave?

1235»

Comments

• Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    TripAces wrote: »
    I would think that nothing Mendes or any scriptwriter wants would ever be put on screen without Babs and Michael giving it a thumbs up. Period. The buck stops with them--and thus, the blame starts with them on anything you might not like.

But there is such a thing called leverage. Without Mendes Craig would quit, so he had immense power BB/MGM. He said jump, they said how high.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    TripAces wrote: »
    I would think that nothing Mendes or any scriptwriter wants would ever be put on screen without Babs and Michael giving it a thumbs up. Period. The buck stops with them--and thus, the blame starts with them on anything you might not like.

But there is such a thing called leverage. Without Mendes Craig would quit, so he had immense power BB/MGM. He said jump, they said how high.

I agree with you both.

Babs and MGW are like George Lucas used to be - no decision gets greenlit without their approval.

The big mistake they made was in assuming that the spectacular success of SF was down entirely to Mendes hence they basically promised he could do whatever he wanted as long as he came back. They even held up production by an extra year just to accommodate him FFS.

And what did he bring to the table? A poncey tracking shot and f**k off massive explosion that cost more than Greece's interest payments.
  • edited June 2017 Posts: 377
    Disney
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    edited May 2016 Posts: 15,423
    Mack_Bolan wrote: »
    DISNEY! WE NEED YOU! WE NEED YOU! DISNEY! LISTEN TO US!

gdXad0m.gif

@DisneyBond007, you didn't have to make another account. ;)
    Isn't the big rumour at the moment that Wilson has retired?

He's been working on these movies now for nearly 40 years. He's done practically every role in the production process, so I think it would be apt if he stepped down. The general understanding is that his involvement with the Craig films has merely been symbolic. We all know that Babs is really in charge.

He was also said to have been ill during the production of Spectre and was rarely on set.

Personally, I think Babs will continue doing them by herself. Gregg Wilson will eventually produce them but I feel Babs will go it alone for a while.

Also, Barbara has a daughter, Angelica Zollo who is an aspiring filmmaker.

bond-broccoli_3484205k.jpg
  • SzonanaSzonana Mexico
    I hope Bond stays in the family with a third generation of Broccoli/ Wilson. No one would take care of James Bond better than them.

Bond should always stay as a family buisness
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Agreed!
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    +1 =D>
  • edited July 2016 Posts: 4,400
    error
    Szonana wrote: »
    I hope Bond stays in the family with a third generation of Broccoli/ Wilson. No one would take care of James Bond better than them.

Bond should always stay as a family buisness

100% truth :)
    Whatever the Broccoli/Wilson families' flaws, they view Bond as a personal property and care about his well-being, both out of self-interest and pride in a familial legacy. That will always be preferable to Bond being a corporate asset manipulated by executives who have plenty of other properties to choose from and no personal investment in OO7.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    I don't think Barbara will retire soon. The next leader probably hasn't even been born yet.
  • SzonanaSzonana Mexico
    Revelator wrote: »
    Whatever the Broccoli/Wilson families' flaws, they view Bond as a personal property and care about his well-being, both out of self-interest and pride in a familial legacy. That will always be preferable to Bond being a corporate asset manipulated by executives who have plenty of other properties to choose from and no personal investment in OO7.

Couldn't agree more. Like you said they have some flaws but at the end no one would care for Bond as much as they do, so I hope Barbara and Michael's children suns get interested on doing Bond.

• MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    Looks like a young Gregg Wilson standing next to Cubby in 1990.