Do you Think they will bring back Dame Judi Dench

Comments

• Its feasible, she played M in the Brosnan era. I see the Brosnan M as a completely different character. Personally i don't like Dench as M, and think Fienes will be excellent as the new M. Though hypothetically if the next Bond movie was another mini reboot with a new bond. Dench could easily be M, a completely different M.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Dench's M in the Brosnan era is indeed a different M she played in the Craig era. However, Dench is done with Bond and will not be coming back to the series.
  • THEBond007THEBond007 Banned
    I just think use the picture thing just because everyone know she died in Skyfall soo it would be good to have one. Or they could show James going to her grave.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    THEBond007 wrote:
    I just think use the picture thing just because everyone know she died in Skyfall soo it would be good to have one. Or they could show James going to her grave.

In what way would a Bond film benefit from that?

Obviously Judy Dench's Bond career is over. They didn't go to such dramatic lengths in SF only to see her mysteriously pop up again in the nearby future.

Sincerely, no.

Well im not saying that. I'm just saying he goes to the grave for like a minute or 2 just to see.

Sincerely, Yes.
    edited February 2013 Posts: 23,449
    Again though, how could a Bond film possibly benefit from that? Why waste 2 minutes with Bond visiting M's grave? What's the point? Her story is finished! It's not like she and Bond were lovers or even married. They didn't show Bond visiting Quarrel's grave, or Della's grave, or many of the dead Bond girls' grave (besides Tracy) or even Vesper's grave! So, again, what's the point of visiting a dead M's grave?

Why are you so into returning to Dench's M, @THEBond007? She was a good element of the Bond chapter 1995 - 2012, but even the Llewelyn Q was never referred to again but through a single line in DAD.
    Ok well they didn't do it to the other M's but why not change it. The changed the whole formual for Skyfall. It' time for a little change look where it got Skyfall.
  • RC7RC7
    Given how quick he got over her death, I doubt he'll be hitting the cemetery anytime soon.
    DarthDimi wrote:
    Again though, how could a Bond film possibly benefit from that? Why waste 2 minutes with Bond visiting M's grave? What's the point? Her story is finished! It's not like she and Bond were lovers or even married. They didn't show Bond visiting Quarrel's grave, or Della's grave, or many of the dead Bond girls' grave (besides Tracy) or even Vesper's grave! So, again, what's the point of visiting a dead M's grave?

Why are you so into returning to Dench's M, @THEBond007? She was a good element of the Bond chapter 1995 - 2012, but even the Llewelyn Q was never referred to again but through a single line in DAD.

Now visiting Vesper's grave... THAT would be a great idea!
    edited February 2013 Posts: 91
    See guess @DarthDemi doesn't know anything. and Btw []

Mod edit: offensive language removed.
    THEBond007 wrote:
    Ok well they didn't do it to the other M's but why not change it. The changed the whole formual for Skyfall. It' time for a little change look where it got Skyfall.

I agree they might always change something but still you avoid my main question. Why, as in to what point would you have the camera focus to Judy Dench's passed away M?

THEBond007 wrote:
    See guess @DarthDemi doesn't know anything. and Btw []

Right. *sigh*
    Good thing I'm in the right mood today. :-)
    Well because M was the real Bond Girl
  • THEBond007 wrote:

Come on, M is not a Bond girl, she was Bond's boss. Bond gets over people's deaths, it all part of keeping him sane and being able to function. He has not time for sentiment. He learned the hard way over Vesper.
    THEBond007 wrote:

Come on, M is not a Bond girl, she was Bond's boss. Bond gets over people's deaths, it all part of keeping him sane and being able to function. He has not time for sentiment. He learned the hard way over Vesper.

Indeed, as we find demonstrated here:

M: "I assume you have no regrets."
    Bond: "I don't. What about you?"
    M: "Of course not, it would be unprofessional."

No you guys don't understand you are thinking to realistically you have to just think about this M was like the mom of the mi6
    No offense, mate but I think it's you who's not really thinking things through.
  • edited February 2013 Posts: 12,837
    We've finally got rid of her and you want her back?! :P

Anyway I disliked her character towards the end anyway (I wouldn't have minded if she'd stopped after the Brosnan flicks), although I did like her a bit more in SF than in the other Craig films.

And even if I did want her to return she couldn't because, well, she's dead.
    All i want it in the next Bond movie put a picture in M's office then take it down after and never use it again.
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die

You say that like it's a bad thing :P
    X3MSonicX wrote:

Hahaha :)) Something you wana say
  • edited February 2013 Posts: 7,653
    X3MSonicX wrote:

She could turn out to be the Head of Quantom all along which would give DC's 007 another chance to be come deeply depressive and thereby he can show his acting skills once again. ;)

In all honesty, she had her ride and delivered splendily now it is time for other folks to get assaulted by the opinions of fanboys. :D

• NO!
    Well, since they brought back Maud Adams as a different character, I guess they could do so with Ms Dench. But only in a cameo, with her not saying anything, kind of like Maud Adams 3rd Bond movie, AVTAK. Maybe they could have Daniel Craig searching rooms in a hotel for a villain, only to barge in during a private moment between Dame Judith and Sir Roger, with the later raising an eyebrow for the interruption.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I doubt Judi Dench will come back as anything other than a (possible) flashback. That's about it.
    edited February 2013 Posts: 11,139
    Ellis wrote:
    Well, since they brought back Maud Adams as a different character, I guess they could do so with Ms Dench. But only in a cameo, with her not saying anything, kind of like Maud Adams 3rd Bond movie, AVTAK. Maybe they could have Daniel Craig searching rooms in a hotel for a villain, only to barge in during a private moment between Dame Judith and Sir Roger, with the later raising an eyebrow for the interruption.

clint_ew.gif
    I doubt Judi Dench will come back as anything other than a (possible) flashback. That's about it.

That would be pretty cool having a flash back but Bond did get over her pretty quick. SO it would have to be something more then just that.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    THEBond007 wrote:

That would be pretty cool having a flash back but Bond did get over her pretty quick. SO it would have to be something more then just that.

Bond got over her quick? Where do you get that idea?
    THEBond007 wrote:

Flash backs are seldom cool. Unless your talking about nonlinear narrative, but then it's not really a flash back, it's narrative.
    THEBond007 wrote:

Well you don't see him leaving MI6 or crying in Mallories office do you no.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    THEBond007 wrote:

I guess he is speaking of Bond holding M as she dies, and then immediately cutting to Bond on the roof, where it is shown that he didn't attend her will reading.

Bond did his crying when she passed, @THEBond007. I'm not sure why he would end his role as an MI-6 agent or cry on Mallory's shoulder later on. That makes no sense whatsoever.
This discussion has been closed.