Eulogy to old MI6

12346»

Comments

• retrokittyretrokitty The Couv
    So no pics allowed or just reams of them?
    Quoting retrokitty: So no pics allowed or just reams of them?
    Or maybe only pictures of hunks are allowed.
    I don't know who Bartleby is, but it's clear he/she was a teen in the last 70s... "hunks"? hahahahahahahahah

:P
    @retrokitty I'm embarrassed. Let me see. Dreamboats? Is that any better? I don't think that's any better.
  • well... i'm gonna miss it... though i didn't always have much to say (that was interesting to anyone besides myself), the old forum was hard to stay away from, and i enjoyed checking in multiple times a day even if all i did was find out nobody replied to anything i'd said...

i was there for about 7 years, and 7 is a number that often represents that something is complete, so i guess that's fitting... i'll look in here for a while to see if i can get the hang of it, but my initial thought is that maybe my time here is just complete... other forums i participate at are changing drastically, too, so maybe it's just that the era of the classic forum is dying, and i really hate that, but i can't do anything about it...

on the bright side, i was able to find my Elvis Film Festival thread in the archives and copy all that to Word (took 190 pages, and all i saved were the reviews and lists - no discussion about them!)... i put a lot of time and love into that thread, so i'm glad i got to save it...

i put a lot of time and love into threads all over MI6forums, but i don't know what's really worth saving... i can't copy/paste everything... you can't just "delete" my memories, either, thankfully, but life sure won't be the same without that old forum...

RIP
    Not sure Iike this new MI6, don't like facebook or any of its cronies. Not sure if MI6 in this style will be visited by me that often now. 8->
    Really missing the Mi6 Forums now. Not happy about this at all, considering leaving for good. Anyone with me? That doesn't mean I'm some fake Bond fan or whatever, but this has really annoyed me. Would have been nice to get some kind of warning.
  • I think a few people are being a bit melodramatic about this whole affair. Yes, I can see that it might at first be upsetting to some that all their posts from the past have gone, but ultimately it's just the Internet.

The interface, it's a little less showy or perhaps visually impressive than before, but that's not what the forum is about. As long as we have people here willing to discuss then it will remain a great forum. Another benefit is that because we are starting from scratch we now have a lot more to discuss without being told the thread is a duplicate of one last posted in in 2007.

Rocky start? Yes. Doomed forever more? No.
  • j7wildj7wild Suspended
    Quoting Tubes:
    Quoting j7wild:
    so how do I post pictures of babes?

You don't. Ever.
    Guess there's no point living if you can't feel alive!!

>:p
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    I think the MI6 team are handling the change pretty horribly. For one, they don't warn anyone about a change. And, when someone complains, they say 'Don't post if you don't like it', even if said member has been on MI6 for nearly a decade and made 10 000+ posts.
    When it came to the internet - MI6 was my home.

Add being a little drunk to my sentimental nature and years of memories - its a sad day.
  • i forgot this morning that hte site had moved, so i went to the old link... and it took me to CB.n!
    So now the archive is down? That was too much of a teaser. yeesh

And how do I get to where I left off in a thread. It used to give me the chance to go to the last post at least. I thought the upgrade would give us the option to go to the last viewed post (many forums have that).

And where is the "new posts" "your posts" buttons. That was a great feature.

This really is a less user-friendly set up. It took me no time to learn the old one - and the three other forums I used to frequent. This is like an embellished facebook chat.

• edited March 2011 Posts: 886
    TBH, I an not a member of Facebook and have no idea what all this is about.
    I miss the old MI6 and this new layout is, to me, not user-friendly.
    I do miss the old haunt terribly. :-<
    On the old site, I could take a quick glance and know what's what on there and who posted etc etc.
    I'm completely lost here. Not a change that I felt was for the better on the whole. Sorry Mods.
    Rant over.

• DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Quoting danslittlefinger: TBH, I an not a member of Facebook and have no idea what all this is about.

I miss the old MI6 and this new layout is, to me, not user-friendly.

I do miss the old haunt terribly. :-<

On the old site, I could take a quick glance and know what's what on there and who posted etc etc.

I'm completely lost here. Not a change that I felt was for the better on the whole. Sorry Mods.

Rant over.
    Let me assure you, DLF, that I got lost here too when I first visited the new forum. But I seem to be finding my way around bit by bit now. You'll uncover some nice tricks as you try and I'm sure you'll get this place sorted out in no time.
This discussion has been closed.