Eulogy to old MI6

Comments

• DiscoVolanteDiscoVolante Stockholm, Sweden
    @Lazenby.
    @collister
    @AgentFae

Quite like this function though. If it works? :P (and sorry, just using you three as test persons)
    "Page Not Found", Disco. He's probably hiding after all this. ;-)
  • I believe my last post was in that totally-secret-section-of-the-forum-we-weren't-meant-to-mention-in-front-of-the-plebs. Something about the inevitable update I 'spose.
  • TubesTubes The Hebrew Hammer
    edited March 2011 Posts: 158
    Last post on Old MI6
    Quoting TheWhiteTuxedo:

I don't blame the studio for SERENITY not getting a big audience.

But I agree with MP on the reviews. I find the postive reviews of the prequels quite mystifying. Especially how people thought ROTS was any better than AOTC, much less those who said it bested the first film.
    Damn, I've lost my EPIC post about TAKEN.
    So was mine. ;-)

and Disco, I didnt get an alert or anything, so I dont know if its working. :/

On another note - while the archive's there, the PMs are gone. I had some special ones I'd kept for years.
    My last post:

"My junk is dry."

Okay. I lied. I made that up.
    @DiscoVolante ... has it worked?
    Don't even know if it is worth looking through all of that to mind the important messages. Not at 2 a.m. Hopefully it will be there tomorrow. Oh well. Whatever.

Still handled poorly.
    And how do I post pictures? @James Page
  • j7wildj7wild Suspended
    whose idea was to kill the other forum in a single stroke?

it looks like we went backward in time and technology!!

b-(

so all those long discussion about movies that are coming out and some of them have their own thread (Super 8, The Dark Knight), all that is now for nothing.

I think whoever decide to kill the old forum should had transferred the newest and most popular threads over here first.
    So the forum/message boards are completely gone? And replaced with THIS?
  • Apparently, I was the last person to ever post on the old site.

Really, you couldn't have gotten anyone better. ;)

So right now I'm listening to this:

Kinda fits my mood as we venture into unknown territory.
    Looking back - my last non-secretive post was trashing a suggestion of Fieldsman. I'll always have that to remember.

BTW - whats with these new winks?
    =D> <my girlfriend after sex.
    No I didn't get a notification either :P Hm, but it takes you to your profile, at least that's something ;)
  • edited March 2011 Posts: 92
    @TheWhiteTuxedo - how do we post pictures?

edit: sorry Fae, just using you as a test person again ;)
    /Disco
    It is good that we can access the archives for a limited time. It is too bad my profile will only let me get to page one of my old posts. Not very helpful...
    In preferences, check "Notify me when people mention me in comments." and it should work. I guess. Try me!

@DiscoVolante
    Does anybody know how to save an old thread? I would love to save the entirety of my personal fan art thread with everybody's comments.
    They have the archives back up. I guess you can run over and screencap it and save it. But it is a mess. All the boards are merged into one. And my profile only lets me access page one of my old posts.

Therefore, it is basically finding a needle in a haystack
    @Gobi-1, I'm not too sure about that :/ Your thread is true legacy and should be saved somehow
  • Looks too blog-ish in my book. I love the company and the moderators here, so I'll be sticking around, but this is not what I'd hoped... it may grow on me, but we'll see.

I kinda miss the location and "rank" under the usernames. They give this all a bit of personality, you know? I thought the 00 Agent thing was a nice way to reward longstanding contributors. Now it's like posting on Rotten Tomatoes or something. :/

Ah well, again it's always been about the quality of the posters here for me. I still appreciate the community we have, and will surely be sticking around to support MI6 in the tumultuous times of reinvention that have come upon us.
  • Agreed -- at least the 00 status paid off by having our names and accounts ready for us here?
  • I suppose that is some consolation, Sykes.

It's a brave new world now...
  • retrokittyretrokitty The Couv
    Quoting TheWhiteTuxedo: Highlight the text.
    Oh wow...thanks....

I see someone has taken the time already to remove the curse words... :(
    @DiscoVolante - you sure like experimenting with me ... ;-)

Sorry ... a post like that needed to be made.
    Notice would've been nice, but I suppose they're at least being responsive.
  • edited March 2011 Posts: 202
    Removed by a moderator
    We don't want any trailer hopping, film making baldies getting angry.
This discussion has been closed.