current tv shows u should watch thread

13»

Comments

• ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    edited September 2013 Posts: 4,043
    Hannibal, undoubtedly the biggest surprise of the year. When I originally heard about this I was skeptical but Bryan Fuller and co have produced a brilliant TV show.

By taking the idea of Will Graham relationship with Hannibal Lecter and expanding it while keeping the feel of Thomas Harris' creation as well as giving it whole new spin they've made me most excited about the continuation of a series. This certainly puts Dexter into perspective and shows how lame and formulaic it has become.

Breaking Bad's final season has been exemplary and episode 14 was simply devastating, no one could accuse Vince Gilligan of copping out with this and I've a feeling the last 2 episodes will continue to venture into the depths even further.
  • DiscoVolanteDiscoVolante Stockholm, Sweden
    Breaking Bad is a masterpiece. I began catching up from the very first episode (yes..) three-four weeks ago, and I'm now up-to-date :D

Perhaps I should have timed it so that the last episode was out there already, now I still have to wait like the rest of you.. :P
    Been seeing alot of advertisments about "The Blacklist". Have to say it has tweaked my interest? Just wondered if any people on here, particularly are American friends, have you seen the show and what is it like? Have to say i did not recognise James Spader!!! :O I knew i recognised the voice, but just did not realise it was him!
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Well I've really been meaning to watch the gangster drama Peaky Blinders on ITV1 on Thursdays, but I've yet to see it.
  • edited September 2013 Posts: 1,965
    Big Brother US
    The Walking Dead
    Law & Order SVU
    Survivor
    Family Guy
    The Amazing Race
    The Community
    Days Of Our Lives
  • Everything I watch seems to be ending, Fringe was brilliant, also just waiting to watch the last series of Burn Notice.

The Following was good but I kind of wish it had been a one season job instead of ongoing but will watch the second season anyway.

Homeland is another one I kind of feel should have only been one season, the second season was pretty good but a bit bonkers so will interested to see what they can come up with for season 3.

Anybody else watch any of these shows that got cancelled just as they were getting interesting:

Alcatraz
    Persons Unkown
    The Event
    FlashForward
    Has anyone out there got season 1-3 on dvd region 2 of Hawaii 5 o (the remake show)
    Willing to swap for csi season 1-6
    Watched the first season and wow, can not wait for the second season
    Also watching Walking dead season 3
  • retrokittyretrokitty The Couv
    I saw the premiere of Blacklist last night. I'm completely biased due to my deep and unreasonable love/lust for James Spader... but.... I loved it. It didn't grip me initially but I did get into the story and by about 15 minutes to the end, I completely loved it.
    I kind of like "Sleepy Hollow" it is really crazy stuff about Ichabod Crane re-awaken in the 21st century due to the return of the headless horseman. ANd then they have the guts to behead Clancy Brown in the first 10 minutes (Even the Highlander did not manage such a feat!).
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    edited September 2013 Posts: 7,854
    Under the Dome's a good series. Sadly, now I have to wait until next summer for season 2.

Agents of SHIELD.
  • Under the Dome's a good series. Sadly, now I have to wait until next summer for season 2.

Agents of SHIELD.

I decided to wait on Under the Dome, it looked like the kind of thing I would get into and then get cancelled but it seems to be doing pretty well so will check it out in the future.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Under the Dome's a good series. Sadly, now I have to wait until next summer for season 2.

Agents of SHIELD.

I decided to wait on Under the Dome, it looked like the kind of thing I would get into and then get cancelled but it seems to be doing pretty well so will check it out in the future.

Considering the mixed reviews the first season was getting (and indeed, somewhat deserving of), I'm a little surprised it didn't get cancelled.
  • Artemis81Artemis81 In Christmas Land
    Elementary
    Sherlock
    Holmes Makes it Right (home improvement show)

I don't watch much TV as I used to. I just don't have time for it. My sister tried to get me into Breaking Bad (which I heard is great), but the subject matter isn't really one I'm into.
  • retrokitty wrote:
    I saw the premiere of Blacklist last night. I'm completely biased due to my deep and unreasonable love/lust for James Spader... but.... I loved it. It didn't grip me initially but I did get into the story and by about 15 minutes to the end, I completely loved it.

I'm in the same boat as you, RetroKitty! There is something quite irresistible about Spader. Secretary! And Crash[/i!. And The Practice/Boston Legal! Alan Shore is one of television's most endearing jerks.

Current Shows I'm watching:

It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia
    Breaking Bad
    Mad Men
    Doctor Who
    Archer
    Bob's Burgers
    Game Of Thrones
    Downton Abbey
    Sherlock
    South Park
    Dexter (UGH. THAT ENDING THOUGH.)
    QI
    Venture Brothers

Probably more. I watch a lot of television.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I feel like I was the only person not watching it, so I started 'Breaking Bad' and I am absolutely in love with this show. I highly recommend it.
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    Breaking Bad and Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Anyone not watching Agents Of SHIELD better chomp on that cyanide crown now.
  • retrokittyretrokitty The Couv
    retrokitty wrote:
    Esprit wrote:
    I'm in the same boat as you, RetroKitty! There is something quite irresistible about Spader. Secretary! And Crash[/i!. And The Practice/Boston Legal! Alan Shore is one of television's most endearing jerks.

Oh yes... Alan Shore. I was talking about this with my receptionist yesterday and she didn't know who James Spader was. I listed off a few movies she might know as a 25-year-old...but nopes. Nada. So I showed her a google image search showing him through the years. All she said was, "I don't think he's good looking." Which then put me on a rant (ish) about it's not about looks but that je ne sais quoi. She didn't get that at all. :( Kids these days. :P
  • DiscoVolanteDiscoVolante Stockholm, Sweden
    Creasy47 wrote:
    I feel like I was the only person not watching it, so I started 'Breaking Bad' and I am absolutely in love with this show. I highly recommend it.
    Hehe same here, I felt alone. I'm very glad I decided to finally see it. Can't wait 'til the very last episode in a few days!
    Revolution's back, and getting weirder than ever before.
  • edited September 2013 Posts: 12,837
    I started watching Breaking Bad last year and I've been hooked ever since. When I finished series one I instantly bought the DVDs of series two, three and four, and I've been watching series five's episodes as they come out. I'm sad that it's nearly over but I can't wait to see how it ends.
    Esprit wrote:
    Breaking Bad
    Doctor Who
    Sherlock
    South Park

Love these. Oh and welcome to the forums :)
  • I really wonder,why "Strike Back" gets so little love on this forum. I find,that the last two years I'm looking more forward to this show than for just about anything coming to the cinemas ( sure,a new Bond film is always the exception,but you all know how the last one worked out for me). This show really Takes place in those exotic and/or savage "shit hits the fan" countries we constantly keep reading about in the headlines. Think Mumbai meets Nairobi attac blended with nuclear smuggling and plenty of spy stuff. Sure,the storylines have the usual logic gaps and plot holes, but in still acceptable doses compared to all the multi Million dollars productions coming to the silver screen these days ( obviously it's simply too much to ask the present day screen writers and producers to pay attention to what they are doing!). I also frankly admit,that about 90% of the sex scenes are shoehorned in with considerable force,but they seem getting less from season to season. Also,there is quite a difference in approach between the first "Brits only" season and the latter UK/US ones,but I find I like each in a different way. So in case you haven't seen it yet,give it a try. I highly recommend it and as some of you might have noticed, I tend to be quite critical.
  • retrokitty wrote:
    retrokitty wrote:
    Esprit wrote:

Oh yes... Alan Shore. I was talking about this with my receptionist yesterday and she didn't know who James Spader was. I listed off a few movies she might know as a 25-year-old...but nopes. Nada. So I showed her a google image search showing him through the years. All she said was, "I don't think he's good looking." Which then put me on a rant (ish) about it's not about looks but that je ne sais quoi. She didn't get that at all. :( Kids these days. :P

If it makes you feel better, I AM 25 and have seen plenty of Spader stuff.
  • I started watching Breaking Bad last year and I've been hooked ever since. When I finished series one I instantly bought the DVDs of series two, three and four, and I've been watching series five's episodes as they come out. I'm sad that it's nearly over but I can't wait to see how it ends.
    Esprit wrote:
    Breaking Bad
    Doctor Who
    Sherlock
    South Park

Love these. Oh and welcome to the forums :)

Thanks!
  • The Following...simply gripping...awesome a must watch as is The Bridge.
  • The Walking Dead
    Almost Human
    Archer
    Family Guy
    Breaking Bad
  • ForYourEyesOnlyForYourEyesOnly In the untained cradle of the heavens
    Let's bump this.

Better Call Saul and House of Cards are my top picks. Game of Thrones is also picking up again.

For horror, The Walking Dead is good but Penny Dreadful is unquestionably the best, in my opinion. Every person in the cast is amazing (members on this forum should be drawn to it, since both Eva Green and Timothy Dalton feature in the main cast), the effects are amazing, and the plot is amazing. All of that is then woven seamlessly into Victorian England, with just the right amount drawn from literature of the time (Frankenstein, Dorian Gray, Dracula etc.)

Too many on the comedy side for me to mention.