current tv shows u should watch thread

Comments

• Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Can anybody tell me if Sherlock has been released on DVD in the US? I've been hearing so much damn good stuff about it, that I would really like to watch it now.

Yes, both series 1 and 2 are on DVD. I have yet to track down a Blu-ray copy of either on shelves, so maybe I will use my Amazon gift cards from the holidays on them. :-?

By the way, @Agent007391, how is Mars? ;)

A nice, balmy -56 degrees. But, hey, I finally grew a tree.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    With the advent of the net, online streaming services and good old fashioned piracy, we can now watch pretty much any show in the world.

So if u can recommend any current TV show in your country or region that members should watch.

The Following.

Just watched the first episode featuring a one time would be James bond, James Purefoy.

Verdict. A must see. Creepy, disturbing and insane. Great TV. Really can't wait until the next episode.

Just watched episode 1, and it's a very interesting premise. Despite being bloodthirsty it is a pretty interesting twist on the traditional serial killer story. I will keep watching although I have never been a fan of James Purefoy.
    I'm almost at the end of the second series of Breaking Bad. Really good stuff. Superbly acted by everyone. I just wish I'd discovered it earlier.
    Top Gear and Ripper Street for me! :-bd
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    Dryden wrote:
    Southland (the best US cop show ever)
    Suits
    The Big Bang Theory
    NCIS
    The Walking Dead

Despite being British I can't think of any home grown shows currently deserving of making the list!

Downton Abbey.
  • echo wrote:
    Dryden wrote:
    Suits
    The Big Bang Theory
    NCIS
    The Walking Dead

Despite being British I can't think of any home grown shows currently deserving of making the list!

Downton Abbey.

Nah. There is Luther, Sherlock, Doctor Who and a few more that deserve a mention though.
  • edited January 2013 Posts: 546
    1.NCIS
    2.NCIS LA
    3.Arrow
    4.Sherlock (BBC Network)
    5.Top Gear (BBC Network)
    6.Doctor Who?
    7.Ultimate Spider-Man (I know it's cutesy, but worth checking out)
    8.GL:The Animated Series
    9.Young Justice
    11.The Following
    12.King of the Nerds
    13.Anger Managment
    14.Archer
    15.Family Guy
    16.The Cleveland Show
    17.Ripper Street (BBC Network)
    18.House of Lies
    19.Dexter
    20.Spartacus
    21.The Hour (BBC Network)
    22.Couger Town
    23.The Big Bang Theory
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    edited January 2013 Posts: 5,991
    echo wrote:
    Dryden wrote:
    Suits
    The Big Bang Theory
    NCIS
    The Walking Dead

Downton Abbey.

Nah. There is Luther, Sherlock, Doctor Who and a few more that deserve a mention though.

The Emmys would disagree with you.
    Sherlock,
    NCIS
    Dr Who
    Top Gear

Thats about all the tv I watch
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    echo wrote:
    echo wrote:
    Dryden wrote:
    Suits
    The Big Bang Theory
    NCIS
    The Walking Dead

Downton Abbey.

The Emmys would disagree with you.

Haha, you just negated your own statement! =))
  • edited January 2013 Posts: 1,817
    Forget about current tv shows and just rewatch The Sopranos over and over!
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    0013 wrote:

But, then we have to deal with an ending that just cuts to black in mid sent-
    0013 wrote:

But, then we have to deal with an ending that just cuts to black in mid sent-

I don't mind the ending. It's a good one. Very "quantic".
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    Arrow
    Tosh.0
    Key & Peele
    It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
    Continuum
    Being Human (The U.S. version, I haven't seen the BBC one)
    Workaholics
    The Walking Dead
    Falling Skies
    The Americans (First episode aired last night, it was pretty good)
    I have been watching Downton Abbey and I have to admit that I was hooked.
    I liked this show and just finished watching the third season. I am looking forward to the fourth season later this year.
    With the advent of the net, online streaming services and good old fashioned piracy, we can now watch pretty much any show in the world.

So if u can recommend any current TV show in your country or region that members should watch.

The Following.

Just watched the first episode featuring a one time would be James bond, James Purefoy.

Verdict. A must see. Creepy, disturbing and insane. Great TV. Really can't wait until the next episode.

The show has me going but the last two episodes left me with scratching my head. Several scenes just did not work for me. Those cops were terribly stupid as was the bad guys. The girl is the only one with some real sense and a cool head.
  • I'm currently watching the Following and really enjoying it, there are some dumb characters especially police / FBI. Other two shows I love right now is Broadwalk Empire and firm family favourite Dr Who.
  • Outnumbered should be considered a classic British show. Wonderful writing.

I still enjoy it but I think the kids are getting a bit old for it now. I don't think it's in it's prime anymore and I'm worried the writers will drag it on to long.
  • hullcityfanhullcityfan Banned
    Anyone watch Little Britain I like comedies so I like Little Britain , Harry Enfield and Chums and Father Ted also crime programs.
  • I am astonished to find that no one has yet mentioned Person of Interest. Highly recommended!
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Is that the one with James Caviezel (oh I am spelling his name wrong)...?
  • Yes it is (and I'm not sure of the spelling of his name either.) He's a former black-ops agent now working with computer genius Michael Emerson (who you may remember as one of the more interesting characters in Lost.) There's government surveillance gone awry, corrupt police officers, different civilians in peril needing to be saved every week and all sorts of skullduggery. Big fun!
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Suits
    Scandal
    Mad men
    House of lies
    Luthor
    Ray Donavon
    Game of thrones (still can't get over the red wedding episode)

Dryden wrote:

Damn right!

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Has anyone watched 'Carnivale'? I've heard near perfect reviews and my girlfriend's brother-in-law gave it to me because he doesn't want it anymore, I'm just curious as to if it's worth a watch. I suppose I'm answering my own question here, but would love some more insight and opinions.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    There's too much awesome stuff on tv. Funny how years ago actors wanted to quit tv and get into movies exclusively now it's kind of abd sonewhat the other way round.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    I'd really like to hear some opinions about:

Ripper Street (2nd new season coming up)
    Mad Dogs (now finished, I think, after 3 seasons)

Please let me know; thanks!
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Mad Dogs has a fourth and final series next year but only two episodes.
  • Dr_Yes wrote:
    Dryden wrote:

Damn right!

How about the Shield?
  • edited March 2014 Posts: 12,837
    Breaking Bad is brilliant. It's nearly finished now, I started watching it about two years ago and I've been hooked ever since.
    Mad Dogs (now finished, I think, after 3 seasons)

Please let me know; thanks!

Mad Dogs has a brilliant first season, a great second season and a good third season (with a very disappointing final episode). Overall it's great and one of my favourite shows.

It's not completely finished, there is a two part special that'll air in January I think.