Comments

• edited January 2013 Posts: 12,837
    002 wrote:
    Oh christ he's back again.

Account no 4 and counting.

Who?

@sexpoinage/ @TouchMyButtons / @Dressed_To_Kill/ @Dressed_2_kill
  • michallo_wmichallo_w Szczecin, Poland
    Ubisoft is a mediocre company these days. Splinter Cell conviction was a disgrace to the original titles. Ha! Splinter Cell Conviction shouldn't even have had the words splinter cell in the title. The gameplay was just a generic rip off of any mainstream 3rd person action adventure title.

And that was great about SCC - it wasn't hardcore stealth action games as previous one and I also agree that it shouldn't have 'Splinter Cell' in the title. But the gameplay would be perfect for James Bond. My money on UBI.
  • JamesPageJamesPage Administrator, Moderator, Director
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Thanks for that, @JamesPage. Now it's a waiting game to see who picks up the next addition to the Bond game series.
    With Bond fresh in everybody's minds because of Skyfall, it won't be long before we find out the new rights owners. Thanks for the update @JamesPage, keep us updated
    I would like to think that with this abrupt ending to Activision's take on Bond, the next company in line to take over will deliver one of the best Bond games to date, solely on the fact that SF was a huge success and they don't want to disappoint fans once again.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    At least now we have a chance for the rights to go to a publisher and developer who understand Bond. No more great developing studios should be closed now because of lack luster sales. One hopes good change is on the horizon.
    So with this no longer a hypothetical situation, here's my list of realistic (ie: No Rockstar/Valve) options for the rights.

Who I would LOVE to have the rights
    -Ubisoft (giving it to Ubisoft Montreal, who always puts 110% into each game)
    -2K Games (Makes good games, each one with care)
    -Sony (They will NOT be giving it to Naughty Dog, sorry guys. But they have other great studios)

Who I would be alright with having the rights
    - EA (Will never happen but they obviously know how to make Bond games)
    - Capcom (Games are hit and miss, but their good games are REALLY good)
    - Edios (They make great games, but they don't have a big budget)
    - Cryteck (Kind of unrealistic, but hey they took Homefront 2. They're great at shooters but can they do a Bond game? But it would be kind of neat to have Cryteck UK work on a Bond game considering their history)

Who I DON'T want to have the rights
    -SEGA (Anyone play their Marvel games? Awful.)
    - Microsoft (Besides Halo and Gears of War, they don't really treat game exclusives that well)

I'm sure I missed some but these are my opinions
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    002 wrote:

Who?

No worries, @thelivingroyale. He's banned.

Again. B-)
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    002 wrote:

Who?

No worries, @thelivingroyale. He's banned.

Again. B-)

My broken blood vessel fixed itself when I saw that detail. :))
  • AliAli
    bondbat007 wrote:
    -Sony (They will NOT be giving it to Naughty Dog, sorry guys. But they have other great studios)

Agreed, Naughty Dog are too busy with The Last Of Us and, highly likely, Uncharted 4 for PS4's debut. But Studio Bend, who did the excellent Vita version of Uncharted, seem to have no current projects.

• Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Ali wrote:
    bondbat007 wrote:

Agreed, Naughty Dog are too busy with The Last Of Us and, highly likely, Uncharted 4 for PS4's debut. But Studio Bend, who did the excellent Vita version of Uncharted, seem to have no current projects.

Plus, they have spy game expertise with Syphon Filter.
  • edited January 2013 Posts: 9,730
    so no Craig voiced bond game this year. Games I will be into this year are Injustice Gods Among Us and Splinter Cell Blacklist Sigh only 2 ..
    bondbat007 wrote:
    So with this no longer a hypothetical situation, here's my list of realistic (ie: No Rockstar/Valve) options for the rights.

Who I would LOVE to have the rights
    -Ubisoft (giving it to Ubisoft Montreal, who always puts 110% into each game)
    -2K Games (Makes good games, each one with care)

Who I would be alright with having the rights
    - EA (Will never happen but they obviously know how to make Bond games)
    - Capcom (Games are hit and miss, but their good games are REALLY good)
    - Edios (They make great games, but they don't have a big budget)
    - Cryteck (Kind of unrealistic, but hey they took Homefront 2. They're great at shooters but can they do a Bond game? But it would be kind of neat to have Cryteck UK work on a Bond game considering their history)

Who I DON'T want to have the rights
    -SEGA (Anyone play their Marvel games? Awful.)
    - Microsoft (Besides Halo and Gears of War, they don't really treat game exclusives that well)

I'm sure I missed some but these are my opinions

Great realistic list, yes SEGA would be worst for me (out of the above) and many people are saying good things about Ubisoft too, I've never been crazy about them, but to be honest there are not many companies that would treat the Bond games with as much disrespect as Activision did. What annoys me most is the (if true) fact that they're cutting the contract early, obviously believing there's not much money left to be made with the franchise and selling it early. Obviously Activision seem to believe that names sell more than an actual good game, and probably gave very little funding to the franchise. A disgusting waste of gamers time and I hope 007 Legends will be held as a warning to anyone attempting to take over the franchise thinking any old crap will do...

...and...rant over!
  • JamesPageJamesPage Administrator, Moderator, Director
    Confirmed:
    http://www.mi6-hq.com/sections/articles/gaming_activision_game_over.php3

"Well, I understand 007 Legends has a very short life expectancy... so your mistake will be short-lived. "
    If Sony does take over the development of the next Bond games, does that not mean they will only release on the PlayStation 3? I feel like this is a really stupid question, but I had to get it out of the way.
  • edited January 2013 Posts: 5,745
    Creasy47 wrote:
    If Sony does take over the development of the next Bond games, does that not mean they will only release on the PlayStation 3? I feel like this is a really stupid question, but I had to get it out of the way.

No, they've released other games for both platforms. But by the time they get the next game out, it will be on next-gen consoles. So the 'Playstation 4' project and 'XBOX 720(?)' projects, which are expected to come out soon, likely holiday season.
    @JWESTBROOK, if the recent posting of a countdown clock on Larry Hyrb's (major person that works with Xbox/Xbox Live) profile that shows an end date for E3 proves to be the announcement of the new Xbox, it will more than likely release this upcoming holiday season. I doubt they will pick a new developer, get a contract set up, and have the full game worked on, announced, and finished by that point. Next-gen, definitely, but not by the end of 2013.
    Well RIP Activision Bond games. I really hope the rights find a new home soon.

@JamesPage, can you confirm if Activision quit or if EON took the rights from them?
    bondbat007 wrote:
    Well RIP Activision Bond games. I really hope the rights find a new home soon.

@JamesPage, can you confirm if Activision quit or if EON took the rights from them?

I was wondering that, too, but I surmised it was the latter, hence the yanking of the games with such haste and mystery.

• I don't understand why you would want Capcom to do it. They could probably make a decent Bond game but... On-disc DLCs anyone?
    Did they jump or where they pushed?

Now waiting for who is taking over
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited January 2013 Posts: 13,350
    5 from EA and 5 from Activision. Who's next?

Thanks for confirming MI6.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Robs9090 wrote:
    I don't understand why you would want Capcom to do it. They could probably make a decent Bond game but... On-disc DLCs anyone?

Didn't only two games even do that?
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    Sad, but true. Thanks @MI6

activision_gb_blood.png

Sad, but true. Thanks @MI6

activision_gb_blood.png

What is?
    Samuel001 wrote:
    5 from EA and 5 from Activision. Who's next?

Thanks for confirming MI6.

I feel EA did a lot more. Especially if you count both versions of TWINE and the GameBoy releases of NF and EON. But I see your point in saying how I hope the next publisher can last for a good long while
  • edited January 2013 Posts: 12,837
    Maybe change the title to confirm they've lost the rights?

I'd like it if EA got the rights back but that probably won't happen.
    JamesPage wrote:

Like I said, we got rid of Purvis and Wade and now we've gotten rid off Actvision. Brilliant!

Legends looked crap but we have to be thankful because without it Activision might still have the licence.
    GAMEOVER!!!! 8-}
  • RogueAgent wrote:
    GAMEOVER!!!! 8-}