007 Games Pulled from Steam and Activision's Store

Comments

RogueAgent wrote:
    GAMEOVER!!!! 8-}

:)) Thought it appropiate for some reason? ;)
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    How would Austin Powers handle this?

Girl next to him: "Austin, have you heard? Activision lost the Bond video game licence!"

Austin: "Well...It looks like they aren't ACTIVely making Bond games."

PAUSE

"They must not have an ACTIVeVISION for developing Bond games anymore."

PAUSE

"After 007 Legends, I think we all enVISIONed this happening."

Girl next to him: "Austin, that's enough!"

Austin: "You're right!"

*THEY RUN OFF*
  • How would Austin Powers handle this?

Girl next to him: "Austin, have you heard? Activision lost the Bond video game licence!"

Austin: "Well...It looks like they aren't ACTIVely making Bond games."

PAUSE

"They must not have an ACTIVeVISION for developing Bond games anymore."

PAUSE

"After 007 Legends, I think we all enVISIONed this happening."

Girl next to him: "Austin, that's enough!"

Austin: "You're right!"

*THEY RUN OFF*

Yeah, I read that in Mike Myers' voice :)
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    This is indeed great news! Activision had clearly lost it's imaginitive mind... I hope they realize soon that making no-brain actiongames marketed to 11 year old boys doesen't make their reputation better.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited January 2013 Posts: 28,694
    How did the sales of Black Ops. 2 stack up to the first and all the Modern Warfare/COD games? I didn't hear anything about it breaking any records like those games usually do.
  • edited January 2013 Posts: 12,837
    How did the sales of Black Ops. 2 stack up to the first and all the Modern Warfare/COD games? I didn't hear anything about it breaking any records like those games usually do.

It broke records again.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2012/12/05/black-ops-2-sells-1b-in-15-days-ties-modern-warfare-3-record/

It broke a record again.
    So it outsold all the past games?
  • Not sure if it has yet, the others have been out for a while.

In my other post I put a link about it making a billion in 15 days, that was a record.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I'm looking forward to the dip the CoD games will inevitably have to make, where it all goes uphill from CoD4 and just starts to drop. Perhaps then the games will start to feel different and get better.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @JWESTBROOK, if the recent posting of a countdown clock on Larry Hyrb's (major person that works with Xbox/Xbox Live) profile that shows an end date for E3 proves to be the announcement of the new Xbox, it will more than likely release this upcoming holiday season. I doubt they will pick a new developer, get a contract set up, and have the full game worked on, announced, and finished by that point. Next-gen, definitely, but not by the end of 2013.

I meant the consoles by the holiday season, sorry :)

It broke records again.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2012/12/05/black-ops-2-sells-1b-in-15-days-ties-modern-warfare-3-record/

And for once, it was deserved. Treyarch did an amazing job with BO2. They actually innovated!
    @JWESTBROOK, it's fine, apologies for the misunderstanding. :)

@bondbat007, while CoD still feels like the same exact thing time and time again, I'll admit BO2 was so much better than MW3 that I enjoy it even more because of that sole opinion.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    RogueAgent wrote:
    GAMEOVER!!!! 8-}
    And after the Moonraker mission in 007 Legends, Duke Nukem and James Bond had an epic fist fight which ended with Duke yelling "Game Over and stay out of Space, leave the aliens and babes to me." :))
  • edited January 2013 Posts: 11
    Robs9090 wrote:
    I don't understand why you would want Capcom to do it. They could probably make a decent Bond game but... On-disc DLCs anyone?

Didn't only two games even do that?

It's a well know fact that Capcom treats their fans like crap. But I like their games. If only I could afford all the expansions...
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    bondbat007 wrote:
    Samuel001 wrote:
    5 from EA and 5 from Activision. Who's next?

Thanks for confirming MI6.

I feel EA did a lot more. Especially if you count both versions of TWINE and the GameBoy releases of NF and EON. But I see your point in saying how I hope the next publisher can last for a good long while

Actually, EA did 8, not 5.

Tomorrow Never Dies
    The World is Not Enough
    007 Racing
    Agent Under Fire
    Nightfire
    Everything or Nothing
    GoldenEye Rogue Agent
    From Russia With Love
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    My mistake. I was comparing the five on PS2 with the five on PS3.
  • It's only sad cos it means we'll have to wait a long time for a new game.

But just imagine the future...above average graphics - no more flat character models and endlessly repeated textures...proper stealth mechanics - no more Call of Duty comparisons?...good box art...a marketing campaign...the possibilities are endless...

But anything is better than the way Acti treated it since they gained the license - the only good things from their games came from the devs, it was the passion that Treyarch, Bizarre and Eurocom had for Bond that gave us Quantum of Solace's great cover mechanic and addictive multiplayer (<3 the English announcer "Bond Escape"), Blood Stone's cutscenes that felt like they'd come straight from Bond 22.5 (the hardhat scene in particular reminds me so much of when Bond throws the phone aside in the car in QoS) and GoldenEye's brilliant motion capture work (token mention must go to 007 Legends' score, or rather, the 30% of new material and remixes).
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    bondbat007 wrote:
    Samuel001 wrote:

I feel EA did a lot more. Especially if you count both versions of TWINE and the GameBoy releases of NF and EON. But I see your point in saying how I hope the next publisher can last for a good long while

Tomorrow Never Dies
    The World is Not Enough
    007 Racing
    Agent Under Fire
    Nightfire
    Everything or Nothing
    GoldenEye Rogue Agent
    From Russia With Love

Including console / handheld ports, EA's Bond output looks like this:

Tomorrow Never Dies (PS1)
    James Bond 007 (GB)
    007 Racing (PS1)
    The World Is Not Enough (PS1)
    The World Is Not Enough (N64)
    Agent Under Fire (PS2 / XBX / GC)
    Nigtfire (PS2 / XBX / GC)
    Nightfire (PC)
    Everything Or Nothing (PS2 / XBX / GC)
    Everything Or Nothing (GB)
    GoldenEye: Rogue Agent (PS2 / XBX / GC
    GoldenEye: Rogue Agent (DS)
    From Russia With Love (PS2 / XBX / GC)
    From Russia With Love (PSP)
    bondbat007 wrote:
    Samuel001 wrote:

Tomorrow Never Dies
    The World is Not Enough
    007 Racing
    Agent Under Fire
    Nightfire
    Everything or Nothing
    GoldenEye Rogue Agent
    From Russia With Love

James Bond 007 (GB)
    007 Racing (PS1)
    Nightfire (PC)

You can't say EA didn't put in time and money. Really an underrated time in Bond's gaming history
    And just 1 EA game cancels out most of what Activision did in regards to quality.
  • Just re release Nightfire with HD graphics and Brosnans voice. Then I'll be happy.
    Just re release Nightfire with HD graphics and Brosnans voice. Then I'll be happy.

Five copies, please! I would buy that in a heartbeat.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    bondbat007 wrote:
    Samuel001 wrote:

Tomorrow Never Dies
    The World is Not Enough
    007 Racing
    Agent Under Fire
    Nightfire
    Everything or Nothing
    GoldenEye Rogue Agent
    From Russia With Love

James Bond 007 (GB)
    007 Racing (PS1)
    Nightfire (PC)

James Bond 007 wasn't an EA game, it was a Nintendo game.
    GRRRRR I wasn't the biggest fan of Activison but loved BloodStone and Quantum of solace (goldeneye was even fun) But now no bond game on the horizon period! sigh
    A thought occurred to me that the reason we haven't had an official announcement of Actvision's departure is because maybe EON will announce that plus a new publisher at the same time? Thoughts?
  • oo7oo7
    I would have imagined if this was the case an announcement would have come on Monday.
    With how it stands now I would say that they are going to shop around for a new publisher and we will prob not get another bond game till the next film
  • mdo007mdo007 Katy, Texas
    bondbat007 wrote:
    So with this no longer a hypothetical situation, here's my list of realistic (ie: No Rockstar/Valve) options for the rights.

Who I would LOVE to have the rights
    -Ubisoft (giving it to Ubisoft Montreal, who always puts 110% into each game)
    -2K Games (Makes good games, each one with care)
    -Sony (They will NOT be giving it to Naughty Dog, sorry guys. But they have other great studios)

Who I would be alright with having the rights
    - EA (Will never happen but they obviously know how to make Bond games)
    - Capcom (Games are hit and miss, but their good games are REALLY good)
    - Edios (They make great games, but they don't have a big budget)
    - Cryteck (Kind of unrealistic, but hey they took Homefront 2. They're great at shooters but can they do a Bond game? But it would be kind of neat to have Cryteck UK work on a Bond game considering their history)

Who I DON'T want to have the rights
    -SEGA (Anyone play their Marvel games? Awful.)
    - Microsoft (Besides Halo and Gears of War, they don't really treat game exclusives that well)

I'm sure I missed some but these are my opinions

I can take EA or Ubisoft (as long as they don't make Bond games into tactical shooter like Ghost Recon or Rainbow Six, I'll accept a Splinter Cell-esque Bond game or a alpha protocol-esque Bond games) as a publisher for Bond games.

Capcom: I doubt they can make a good Bond game. I don't want a Resident Evil gameplay style James Bond.

Sony: as much as I thought Naughty Dog could make a awesome Bond game. I don't think EON and MGM would allow Sony to have the Bond game license, that means no Bond game for 360 and Wii U, and that would not be fair. No way for Sony, Sony publishing=no Bond gs on 360 and Wii U.

Square Enix/Eido: Square Enix did a good job with their non-Japanese made game because of their acquisition of Eido studio. Deus Ex, and Sleeping Dogs show that. Also Square Enix publish some of the Bond games in Japan for Activision. After seeing Call of Duty did so well in Japan because of SE publishing the game, maybe SE could be a better publisher for Bond and also SE knows both western game and Japanese game community, so they would know how to market James Bond games in Japan. I would love Eido studio (both UK and Canada studio) to do a Bond games, I wonder if SE can get Eurocom and Crytek to help with the Bond game.

Crytek: if you get EA or Square Enix as publisher, that could be possible. Bond using Cryengine 3 would be amazing!!!

Rockstar Game: I'm not sure, Max Payne 3 is cool, but I don't see that fitting for Bond game.

Bethesda: NO!!! NO!!! I don't want their Skyrim engine or their glitch/bug-ridden Gamebryo engine to be used in a Bond games that can make the game glitchy.

Bioware?
    002 wrote:
    Bioware?

That's EA. And if EA got it, they wouldn't give it to Bioware
    I doubt Bond will ever go exclusive.