Academy Awards are honoring 50th Anniversary of Bond during Oscars. They should just use this video.

124»

Comments

The tribute felt a bit rushed - just some Bond clips stuck together.

I think they should have had some backstory to how the franchise came about - some mention of Albert Broccoli and Harry Saltzman and how they hired Terence Young and Sean Connery for Doctor No. This would have put the franchise into some historical context.

A small mention of a great stunt, perhaps Moonraker's freefall stunt from the pre-credit sequence would have been nice too to remind younger viewers of the long tradition of cleverly designed, often ground-breaking stunt scenes that have become a hallmark of the franchise. Just sticking up clips seemed an unimaginative way to do a tribute but the Oscars ceremony is full of so many advert breaks actual 'live time' on the show is finite. Still, a brief tribute is better than none at all.
    It's the Oscars not the James Bond ceremony, so what did you expect ?
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    A better montage of scenes that's for sure. The Bafta tribute was much better.
    I agree with both of you , I dont think we could expect anymore but on the other side , yes , a better montage.
  • RC7RC7
    edited March 2013 Posts: 10,512
    Apologies if this has been posted already, I haven't seen it on here. Didn't think it was worth starting a new thread so this seemed as good as any. I think it's bloody brilliant...

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    One of the only tributes that can strongly motivate me to watch all 23 films back to back.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    RC7 wrote:
    Apologies if this has been posted already, I haven't seen it on here. Didn't think it was worth starting a new thread so this seemed as good as any. I think it's bloody brilliant...

It is moments like these in which I feel proudest to be a Bond fan. :)>-
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    That video really is awesome and inspiring! Love it.