Academy Awards are honoring 50th Anniversary of Bond during Oscars. They should just use this video.

Comments

• I'm very happy that the James Bond franchise is getting recognition at the Oscars. It's the greatest franchise of all time.
  • CatchingBulletsCatchingBullets facebook.com/catchingbullets
    Does SKYFALL have a Blofeld's cat chance in hell at any Oscar glory...?

http://markoconnell.co.uk/?p=293
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    I think the Academy are going to give SF at least one win for something.
  • edited January 2013 Posts: 6,601
    I rather have some nods then a win for SOMETHING, that doesn't really count. I want the BP nod, a support for Judi, and going from there.
  • edited January 2013 Posts: 12,837
    @Germanlady I agree. EG- I'd be much happier if Bardem or Craig got nominated for an acting award than if Newman, Deakins or Adele won an award.

The cinematography was great but it winning wouldn't excite me as much as an actor getting nominated, and frankly I don't think Newman or Adele deserve an award.
    I think if any of the actors are to win it would be in supporting roles; Bardem and Dench.

Best Picture? Forget it. Cinematography? Forget it. Those 2 awards should go to life of pi imo.
    You talk win, not nods? I think, nobody ever thought, it might win for BP, bt a nod is possible. Life of Pi is a wonderful film, but won't make the BP race either IMO.
  • Though it would indeed be nice to see a BP nomination (though I'm not necessarily counting on it) as well as nominations for Bardem and Dench, I honestly feel that Adele and Deakins actually deserve to win in their respective categories. Deakins himself is arguably the best camera man in the business, and the fact that he hasn't won yet is a crime. And Adele's song is simply stellar, certainly above the competition imo.
    I do think sadly that Skyfall will not win one of the major Oscars? I suspect with this tribute that they are gonna try and placate the situation with this tribute to release the pressure of expectation that it would win? If i am wrong? BONUS!!!!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    RogueAgent wrote:
    I do think sadly that Skyfall will not win one of the major Oscars? I suspect with this tribute that they are gonna try and placate the situation with this tribute to release the pressure of expectation that it would win? If i am wrong? BONUS!!!!

I think it's more like the Oscars acting like they care by making good on the 50th anniversary. But maybe they are doing it to say, "yes we acknowledge the films, now we don't need to give Skyfall any awards."
    RogueAgent wrote:

I think it's more like the Oscars acting like they care by making good on the 50th anniversary. But maybe they are doing it to say, "yes we acknowledge the films, now we don't need to give Skyfall any awards."

Yep, could not agree more.
    Their way out...
    And especially if Adele is making her first public appearance there on the night?
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    http://commanderbond.net/16862/all-6-bond-actors-for-oscar-tribute.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=facebook

What if this became reality?! It would probably be the coolest thing in a long, long time!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    MrBond wrote:
    http://commanderbond.net/16862/all-6-bond-actors-for-oscar-tribute.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=facebook

What if this became reality?! It would probably be the coolest thing in a long, long time!
    It would be even cooler considering it is impossible.

• MrBondMrBond Station S
    MrBond wrote:

It would be even cooler considering it is impossible.

Yes, unfortunaly. Connery wouldn't make an appearence at the Oscars again.
  • BenBen
    MrBond wrote:

It would be quite ironic if Connery did go but one of the other Bond's pulled out.
  • http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news/a448604/oscars-2013-ceremony-to-feature-james-bond-celebration.html

It'll be good fun. And I bet you they'll get all the Bonds on stage...they must to top the Olympic bond cameo.

Remind me to bring my camera to take some pictures when the pigs fly.

I'm not trolling, I use my posts here to their fullest, something you haven't done in the past.

I am simply being a realist, a group often bemused for negative individuals.

http://www.mi6-hq.com/news/index.php?itemid=10733&t=mi6&s=news

the pigs are the runway and preparing to fly...
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news/a448604/oscars-2013-ceremony-to-feature-james-bond-celebration.html

It'll be good fun. And I bet you they'll get all the Bonds on stage...they must to top the Olympic bond cameo.

Remind me to bring my camera to take some pictures when the pigs fly.

I'm not trolling, I use my posts here to their fullest, something you haven't done in the past.

I am simply being a realist, a group often bemused for negative individuals.

http://www.mi6-hq.com/news/index.php?itemid=10733&t=mi6&s=news

the pigs are the runway and preparing to fly...

An utter non story from a jock rag. If they were going to give Sean a lifetime achievement award (and actually why not and on the 50th anniversary of Bond would be a great end to the show) then he would turn up but just to parade on stage with the other 5 like a performing monkey? The likelihood is about the same as Grant letting you have a cigarette - not a chance.

Adele is a different matter altogether. I would say if she wants to win it she really has to turn up and I'd go further and say that turning up could well guarantee it. As she is so massive in America she would be practically the biggest name on the bill and if she brought the house down with her first public performance of SF it would be a crushing anticlimax for everyone in the room and watching if she then didnt actually win the oscar.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited February 2013 Posts: 13,350
    Nice to see, this should really help celebrate fifty years. I'm hoping there's still more to come.

Thanks GL.
  • edited February 2013 Posts: 6,601
    I just listened to that song via this link and there sure is nothing more suitable to get the Bond feeling. I hope, they start with it to get it going. This should rock the room.
    For example, Diamonds are Forever is a great song as well, but it doesn't beat Goldfinger. THAT s the one IMO.

You are welcome, Sam.
    Shirley at the Oscars?! NOOOOOOO WAY! That's stupendous!!! Man, if we can score Tom Jones or Paul McCartney it would be absolute magic!
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Shirley at the Oscars?! NOOOOOOO WAY! That's stupendous!!! Man, if we can score Tom Jones or Paul McCartney it would be absolute magic!

That would be a dream, Brady! Thanks for the great news @Germanlady.
    Oh we are going to be in for a good show come Oscar night.
    doubleoego wrote:

As soon as no SF oscars are coming that sentiment will undoubtly change rather quickly I believe.

SaintMark wrote:
    doubleoego wrote:

As soon as no SF oscars are coming that sentiment will undoubtly change rather quickly I believe.

Always the optimist.
  • RC7RC7

Tom, yes! McCartney, I've heard enough McCartney to last me a lifetime. Even his family view him as a tribute act.
    RC7 wrote:

Tom, yes! McCartney, I've heard enough McCartney to last me a lifetime. Even his family view him as a tribute act.

Paul is timeless, and can sing his hits just as great as in the 60s and 70s (some even better with his old age).
  • RC7RC7
    RC7 wrote:

Paul is timeless, and can sing his hits just as great as in the 60s and 70s (some even better with his old age).

In the UK he's a bit if a laughing stock these days. Any opportunity to sing 'Hey Jude' and he's there with the inevitability of a fart, followed by a bad smell. I'd much rather see Duran Duran.