Brosnan pre-title sequences

13»

Comments

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Birdleson wrote: »
    Great Main Titles and then into Brosnan's finest moment (when he's about to be executed).

God, yes! If only...
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Birdleson wrote: »
    That's not what I meant. Hey, I'm defending your boy again here @Murdock !
    Thanks @Birdleson. I don't visit this thread so I was unaware of what was going on.

• I saw Pierce Brosnan act in Tomorrow Never Dies on cable television a few years back when I was visiting my dad. "White night, come in." Pretty cool.
  • Birdleson wrote: »
    @Birdleson

I'm not really sure how having Bond command a small army during a fight absolves those sequences. I'd say that they are comparatively more boring. The big firefights in YOLT and TSWLM fit the description of lots of 'faceless goons getting killed and lots of explosions' as well as, if not more than most Brosnan era stuff.

Then we are at impasse. Those battle scenes in the volcano and aboard the Liparus are among my favorites, not just of those films, but of the franchise.

True, there were explosions involved and there were many deaths, but what I enjoyed is it is not Rambo-Bond. He's in an actual battle, he's depending on others, others are depending on him. I can't say it's super realistic either, but the fact that Bond is not brazenly standing out in the open, shooting down scores of men, adds a level of intensity and excitement that I never felt in comparable scenes in the Brosnan years. But, if you don't enjoy them, it's pointless for me to try to convince you that you do or should.

yeah he feels lost in the battle, not a superhero.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    I must be on the only person on this forum who thinks that the 'generic, aimless machine-gunning that we got in TND' was not only appropriate, but was thrilling, dramatic and probably one of the better parts of the film.

I enjoyed it, too. Although I really like TND as a whole anyway.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I must be on the only person on this forum who thinks that the 'generic, aimless machine-gunning that we got in TND' was not only appropriate, but was thrilling, dramatic and probably one of the better parts of the film.

I enjoyed it, too. Although I really like TND as a whole anyway.
    I enjoyed it as well. Plus the heavy use of Bond theme in the finale was awe inspiring.
    \m/
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    GE
    TND
    TWINE
    DAD
  • SzonanaSzonana Mexico
    My favorite pre tittles sequences from Pierce's era is

The World is not enough like the whole film is a nice mixture betweenness action and dialogue where we see Pierce at his Bond moment in the bankers office and when he goes back to mi6 and flirting with MoneyPenny.
    Ending the Pre tittles sequence with the incredible Boat chase scene and its the most colorful and glamourous of the pre tittles sequences.